All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Made a short trip from the Karthspire to Whiterun
Companions are Aela, Serana and Erik the Slayer, lol :lol:

Game ran pretty stable with just a few fps hickups, mainly during battles.
All pics are with V4 Combined and no additional compressed textures.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Short impression of Whiterun, with the Combined V4 and Dawn of Whiterun in combination with Detailed Cities and Outskirts.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Cell Stabilizer

Another way to greatly improve distant visuals is to increase the number of cells that are loaded around the player. Standard is 3 (9 grids) so the grid where you are and 1 grid in every direction you look. I have put it at 5 (25 grids) so whatever direction you look you will see 2 full grids loaded and the one you are in. There are players who manage to play with 7 (49 grids :eeek: ) but i would not advice to try that, unless you use very little texture mods and a very optimized graphics setting.

For this to work you need a program. You need this, because otherwise the game won't load if you change it back again, lol.
You can find the Skyrim.ini in your MyGames/Skyrim folder, not in the steam folder.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41592/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Interesting going to check this out :good post:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

First 4 pictures are taken with a 7x7 grid, second 4 with a 5x5 grid. Even with "just" a 5x5 grid you can get a stuttering image or stalling game in the neighborhood of Whiterun or other busy areas. In the open fields it is no problem.
It does pay off to check where the limits of your game and system are. As it greatly adds to the immersion when objects do not pop up right in front of you, lol.

Pictures are taken in Ultra settings and with the V4 Combined texture patch and over 240 active mods.

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

it would seem that half the player made dungeons are either "across the river from Riverwood" , or " outside Whiterun". once I get outside these places there wont be hardly anything.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Karu62 wrote:it would seem that half the player made dungeons are either "across the river from Riverwood" , or " outside Whiterun". once I get outside these places there wont be hardly anything.
Have you tried Helgen Reborn or Falskaar? Falskaar has some epic dungeons. 8-)

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a lot of places, its just all that's left for me to choose from either need Dragonborn,Dawnguard, or an SKSE script extender, or are around Riverwood or Whiterun.

but then im still trying out the Steam versions. they don't need a mod manager like the Nexus stuff, all you do is click subscribe or unsubscribe. it doesn't have as big of a selection as Nexus.

so far im very happy with what I have. even though I am still tweaking the startup order on stuff. I just got my Climates of Tamriel mod working this morning. strange thing is all I did was delete a duplicate dragon AI mod that was making all my dragons fly real slow. I still don't know if everything is working yet. I did learn that making the trek to Bleak Falls Barrow right after being in a rain storm almost got me killed by hypothermia before I made it to the second turn,lol. good thing I had a camping kit and was able to build a fire before I froze to death.

I think im going to stay with these mods for awhile, don't want to get too far into it without a better video card, and also with The Crew getting closer to release.
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 21 dungeons / places, but some of those have multiple places, like the city sewers and watchtower mods. I also have 12 house / cabins spread around, everything else is an enhancement of an existing place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Player Homes Pt.2

Breezehome TNF

There are some very cool mods for the Breezehome in Whiterun. I still use Breezehome, fully extended, as it has a very cool escape route behind a waterfall and a funny contractor.
This "new" mod from Elianora is a remake of an earlier mod by Goatk, using Heartfire elements. This one is something special and i surely will give it a try in my next playthrough

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49347/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Legend of the Eagles Nest

Very cool playerhome on top of a mountain across Riverwood
One of the coolest places to forge some new weapons :mrgreen:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34834/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Dovah Strunmah Höll

Sovngarde styled player home, hovering next to Paarthurnax'
Very cool playerhome, including staff, merchants, blacksmith etc.
Can only be reached after the Jurgen Windhelm Quest is finished.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =125341434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frostflake Top

Situated in a remote and very cold location. Small playerhome, but everything is there and it is a cool spot.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32078/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Build Your Own Home

Long before Heartfire DLC was released there was this mod that allows you to build your own playerhome

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18480/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Return to “General Gaming”