Outerra Anteworld

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

ever since finding Star Citizen I have been researching stuff. his next stretch goal is to R&D a technology called procedural generation. procedural generation uses parameters to let the computer build a world.curious I looked into this at YouTube and found what probably inspired Chris Roberts.

its called Outerra Anteworld and has to be probably the most awesome piece of technology I have seen yet. its no wonder Chris wants to research it.

Outerra with a '57 Chevy

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks interesting.

In regards to Star Citizen, i really hope they wil release a finished product and not try to drain the crowd with expensive DLC. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

there is a big discussion going on over there about billing options. so far it looks like it will be a combination of things. there are two levels of optional subscription ($10-$20) that gives perks like a monthly magazine. then they have sales of ships. and finally they have sales of ingame currency.

The debate is going on over the purchase of ships (buy-to-win), and purchase of currency (economic inflation ingame). one of the debate options is centering around purchasable insurance for ships.

as for release, it is going to be released in modules. we already have the hangar module that gives a place to spawn into and look at your ship. late April they are expecting to have the dogfight module ready. it will be a major leap forward for the game as they will have the servers and netcode up and running. the initial part will have only 1 ship. when they have the Constellation ready they will enable FPS combat, boarding, and EVA 0g combat.

after the dogfight module will be the planetside module. once that is up and running it will be a matter of finishing the layout of the other 124 star systems. they are shooting for early 2015, but if they reach the procedural generation goal, that may be a lot sooner as they will be able to generate content much faster.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks for the info Karu62, very interesting :rightthumbup:
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”