Sticker paintjobs gets blurry

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
Davidogg
New Starter
New Starter

This is a problem I discovered some months ago. Whenever I go into a sticker shop and purchases if I've put new stickers on the car, the old ones gets a bit blurry (and also moves a little bit). This is very tiny so it's not a problem if you do it once. But if you walk into the shop several times and purchases new stickers, they get more and more blurry.

Here I tested how blurry it would get (I bought one sticker each time) and as you can see, the highest one is a bit blurry and the bottom one is not, and especially not the one to the right (the newest one) It may not look much, but to a big paintjob it unfortunately does.

Also, I can't use the undo function. If I do, all the stickers get really blurry. Here I did it a couple of times...

This really sucks because the sticker shop is one of the reasons that I still play this game (well, at least times to times). Anyone else experience this?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, this is a known issue. Over time the paint washes out. And wont stick. You will have to redo your designs sometimes.

Unfortunately there is no option to store your artwork somewhere, like a complete car wrap. At least not from within the game.

I will do some TDU2 this week to see how the game runs on my "new" rig and to test a few things as well.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Davidogg
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:Yes, this is a known issue. Over time the paint washes out. And wont stick. You will have to redo your designs sometimes.
It automatically "washes out" over time? Or only when you use the sticker shop? Because if it would be over time, that would really suck :cry:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Davidogg wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Yes, this is a known issue. Over time the paint washes out. And wont stick. You will have to redo your designs sometimes.
It automatically "washes out" over time? Or only when you use the sticker shop? Because if it would be over time, that would really suck :cry:
As far as I know the "deterioration" of the stickers happens each time you enter the Sticker Shop, and only there. :geek:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I recommend you do the sticker paint job in one shot, don't leave the sticker shop until you finish. ;)
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

dpuff wrote:I recommend you do the sticker paint job in one shot, don't leave the sticker shop until you finish. ;)
This is exactly what I was going to say. Just like you, I ran into this problem a lot, so I had to re-work entire paintjobs. You just have to be willing to sit down and dedicate a few hours to completing your paint, or just leave and return once. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this problem, so you'll just have to work around it. :(
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Davidogg
New Starter
New Starter

Tsukishima wrote:
Davidogg wrote:
As far as I know the "deterioration" of the stickers happens each time you enter the Sticker Shop, and only there. :geek:
The stickers get blurry just from entering the shop without purchasing anything? Or does it only happen when I purchase anything (color or stickers)?
dpuff wrote:I recommend you do the sticker paint job in one shot, don't leave the sticker shop until you finish. ;)
Yeah, too bad the undo button doesn't work tho...

OFF-TOPIC: I will also show my paintjobs as soon as possible (probably in a couple of days) in "Stick & Paint", so be ready ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The paintjobs will wash out when entering the stickershop a few times, but it will also happen with older paint jobs on cars that are just sitting in your garage. Strangely enough not with all of them.

I really hope that with a possible successor (TDU3), like the rumored GT Spirits project from the resurrected Eden Games Studios, things like this will not occur anymore.

In fact they can make that game stand out by creating the best possible paint and stickershop they can make. One that will beat MCLA and previous TDU versions. That would be awesome.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Davidogg
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:The paintjobs will wash out when entering the stickershop a few times, but it will also happen with older paint jobs on cars that are just sitting in your garage. Strangely enough not with all of them.
Oh shit, that doesn't sound good at all :cry:
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:but it will also happen with older paint jobs on cars that are just sitting in your garage. Strangely enough not with all of them.
This never actually happened to me. Maybe that's because I painted only around 75-80 of my cars. If people have a ton of painted cars, maybe that makes it more likely for the designs to wash away. But if you limit yourself in how many cars you paint, it might not happen. Go for quality, not quantity! :mrgreen:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”