TDU2 website down (again)

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

What's going on with the official TDU 2 website. :think:
I've noticed its been down for a few days now, maybe they are re-designing it for something. :P

(I know it's been down before but that was a long time ago. :o )
TDU 2
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

TBH it surprises me the game servers still work. But with the site down, you cant register. I don't think it is for sale anymore on Steam as well.
Game might be EOL. :(

Atari did drop the ball on this one. :teasing-nutkick:

I still wish we could find a way to get the franchise rights and start developing TDU3 ourselves. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

It actually surprises me that some of you still check the official website from time to time. I have given up on it very long ago. :|
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Pinduca
Rookie
Rookie

Miao wrote:It actually surprises me that some of you still check the official website from time to time. I have given up on it very long ago. :|
I gave up on the website and hope for future updates the day the official TDU2 forums went down and people realized they would never come back. That doesn't mean I stopped playing the game, however.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I still play TDU2 from time to time and it still brings a smile to my face when it loads up. :mrgreen:

I only checked because we have a link in the forum footer and just out of curiosity I clicked on it the other day only to find out it was down and that made me wonder if something was going on. :?

Maybe I will start a conspiracy theory on twitter about the site getting ready to announce TDU3. :twisted:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bezrider wrote:I still play TDU2 from time to time and it still brings a smile to my face when it loads up. :mrgreen:
I also do the same thing. :P TDU2 is one of these games that keeps pullin' me back to it no matter how much time it has been since its release or since its last update.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I tried to install one of the new "carpack" mods, but it made the game unstable. Clearly that mod team is of a much lower standard than the TDU2-UP team.
In addition to that, it does not support my wheels. That makes driving a bit awkward.

It is still installed on my PC. Maybe i have to do a reinstall as W10 needs fresh installations of programs sometimes and i upgraded over W8.1. Problem with TDU2, is that you need to download these patches every time. They should have made an end version, completely patched. Because there is a big chance the updates don't work either now.

It is funny, but even with a smaller map and less variety of roads, TDU2 has some appeal The Crew has not.
Maybe it is the exotic location of Oahu or the "happy" saturated colors.
I can't really put my finger on it. They did something good at Eden games that others can't seem to grasp.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I can't get my wheel to work ether but I have a really old Ferrari wheel that still works so I use that. :D
MadManCK wrote: It is funny, but even with a smaller map and less variety of roads, TDU2 has some appeal The Crew has not.
Maybe it is the exotic location of Oahu or the "happy" saturated colors.
I can't really put my finger on it. They did something good at Eden games that others can't seem to grasp.
:party:
Yes I can't explain it ether but I definitely feel something when I play TDU 2 that I don't when I play The Crew. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Perhaps it's the diversity and amount of cars that TDU2 got that The Crew hasn't gotten? (I'm one who wouldn't mind gettin' rid of the whole specs system in The Crew to get more cars). Despite TDU2's car list not bein' perfect for itself (needs more classics, off-roaders and obscure manufacturers) I still think it's far better than The Crew's current one. Or maybe it's just the ability of actually bein' able to play the game without bein' online. Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I feel the same way, Madman. It's weird, but TDU2 is just...different. It felt easier to make friends in that game than in The Crew. I guess The Crew has its crew function, but TDU2 had instant challenges (at release), co-op game modes (like "follow the leader" and "keep your distance"), and even had a passenger function! I also liked the idea of having avatars that we could use to interact with each other in lobbies, stores, and houses. They just did a great job of making the game social, even for people like me who don't constantly want to be competing! And those are all things that The Crew could only dream of having!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”