Hennessey Venom F5 '19

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:44 pm
Miao wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:21 pm
MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 am Dabbling into necromancy now ?
So you'd rather have me wastin' space by creatin' a dupe thread? :|
You did so with the Alpine. This 3Y old thread was more like for the prototype. Design seems to have changed as well.

Maybe i will do a topic split later. No time right now :mrgreen:
The Alpine had 2 different prototypes and 1 final production car. For the Hennessey it's just a bunch of renderings.
MadManCK wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:44 pmPS Picture links seem to be dead too.
That's what happens when I quote a TopGear article, their pictures go broke after some weeks. When the Venom F5 is officially revealed I'll update the OP.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK np, i will leave it like it is than :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
BRIAN SILVESTRO wrote:Hennessey Performance revealed a replacement for its ultra-limited Venom GT today at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, the Venom F5. It's a bespoke, 1600-horsepower twin-turbo V8-powered hypercar the company says can surpass 300 mph. Watch out Bugatti.

Unlike the 270 mph Lotus Elise-based Venom GT, the F5 is built on a completely bespoke chassis, and uses a brand new 7.4-liter aluminum V8 with two turbochargers attached. Power has increased 356 horsepower to 1600, while torque has been increased to 1300 lb.-ft.

The F5's new streamlined design and flat floor are enough to generate a slippery 0.33 drag coefficient, 0.11 less than the GT. Power is sent to the rear wheels via either a single-clutch seven-speed paddle-shift transmission or an unspecified manual gearbox. A GPS-based traction control system will also be included, per Top Gear.

As for tires, Hennessey says the F5 will use Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s to do the job. John Hennessey, founder and CEO, claims that because the F5 is so light compared to the Chiron, it won't face the same tire load issues the Bugatti does.

There haven't been any real performance tests yet, but Hennessey predicts the F5 will do 0-186 mph in under 10 seconds, 0-249 mph in under 20 seconds, and hit a top speed of 301 mph. For reference, the Koenigsegg Agera RS does the 0-249 run in just under 27 seconds. This car will be incredibly quick.

To buy one of the 24 Venom F5s being produced, you have to apply and have John Hennessey himself approve you for the purchase. Pricing starts at $1.6 million, while up to $600,000 of yet-to-be specified options are available. Deliveries start early 2019.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This must have to be their first real design than. Looks pretty good. Still inspired by the Lotus but enough different.

And 300mph is a bold claim. Tires will melt before you reach it. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Showroom”