Pagani Huayra 730 S '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike

No votes

Total votes: 0
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

James Wolfcale wrote:It’s still hard to overstate what Horacio Pagani and the company that bares his name have accomplished since unveiling the original Zonda in 1999. Think about all the supercar start-ups you see on a near weekly basis foisting renders of what will inevitably end up as vaporware within the depths of the Internet. Pagani is one of the rare exceptions. Not only has this tiny company been successful, its been able to show the Italian supercar establishment a few things about how to build truly special cars.

One way Pagani has done this is with its one-off program, and now the company has released new renders of the second Huayra one-off, and the follow-up to the Huayra La Monza Lisa, called the Huayra 730 S.

The 730 S is built exclusively for Mexican movie producer, entrepreneur and self-confessed car-nut Alejandro Salomon. Salomon already has a garage that includes a Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari 458 Italia and a fleet of Mercedes and Bentleys. He’s not exactly wanting for exotic metal at this time, but I’d probably do the same if I were a billionaire. Saloman has nicknamed his new car “the Huayrab.”

Exterior:

You know how some of your favorite albums are ones you weren’t sure about when you first listened to them. They challenge you and then something clicks. I had hoped this would be the case when I first saw the Huayra in 2012. It wasn’t. The aquatic looks of the Huayra still haven’t grown on me. It simply doesn’t have the purposeful, mechanical aggression of the Zonda, which could explain why other ultra-rich guys are still willing to pay ridiculous sums of money to have one-off Zondas built years after the Huayra’s introduction. Feel free to leave disparaging comments below.

Moving on from my completely subjective critique of the Huayra’s shape, this particular car has some unique details inspired by two Pagani Pagani one-offs of the past. The Zonda Tricolore inspired the blue lacquer on bare carbon-fiber finish, as well as the subtle Italian flag motifs (which happens to be the same colors as the Mexican flag) found on the hood and brake calipers, while the gold side stripes and gold wheels are homages to the Zonda R.

Interior:
Saloman has said on his Instagram page his car’s interior will not be the beige color shown in the renders. He’s keeping that as a surprise for now, so, for all we know, if could end up with purple leopard-print leather with tarantula web stitching, which is not that far outside the realm of possibility when it comes to Pagani interiors.

As we all know, Pagani puts together some of the most incredible interiors in world. If Jules Verne were alive today, he would be working in Pagani’s interior design department. The Huayra’s interior is a cohesive blending of high-end steam-punk leather straps, expensive aluminum instrumentation and carbon-fiber panels. It’s busy, but it makes the occupant feel like they’re sitting in a thing worth $2 million, which really can’t be said for other cars at this price-point.

Drivetrain:
It’s yet to be confirmed but its name suggests the Huayra 730 S will have 730 horsepower and 737 pound-feet of torque, which are the same figure as a normal Huayra. Pagani has always used Mercedes Mercedes-AMG-built V-12s in its cars, and Salomon has personally requested that AMG engine builder Michael Kübler build the 6.0-liter, M158, biturbo V-12 that will be finding its way into his car.

Power is sent to the rear-wheels via a seven-speed single-clutch sequential gearbox, which allows the Huayra to squirt to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds, and on to a top speed of 230 mph. The looks may not be to my liking but this thing is definitely slippery.

The Italian flag-festooned brakes are four-piston Brembos all around, with drilled carbon-ceramic rotors. The Huayra’s dry curb-weight of 2,980 pounds combined with its massive Pirellis allow an astounding 1.66g of lateral acceleration.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/pagani/201 ... 66230.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I disapprove this one. Image

That paint scheme only looks good on the Zonda. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:I disapprove this one. Image

Maybe it's because of the lack of carbon materials, or maybe because it has no spoiler, I don't know, I prefer the Zonda too.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:I disapprove this one. Image

Maybe it's because of the lack of carbon materials, or maybe because it has no spoiler.
Or perhaps it's because the paint scheme just looks plain ugly on a Huayra. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

I always liked the Zonda Tricolore in TDU2, it was one of my favorite cars. Although this car seems to use the same livery from the Tricolore, it just doesn't look appealing to me, at least right now, thoese are only renderings and I'd still have to see a real life picture of it.
Tsukishima wrote:Or perhaps it's because the paint scheme just looks plain ugly on a Huayra. Image
:text-+1:
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Pagani always do good stuff, this car looks amazing. :)
RUF is better than Porsche!

Sonneillon
Rookie
Rookie

Not a fan of this...unpronounceable, over-powered devil, but that colour combo looks stunning.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Szayelarel wrote:Not a fan of this...unpronounceable, over-powered devil.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Salomondrin's old Pagani, a shame he didn't do so many video's with it, other than Hyper Five.

Return to “The Showroom”