The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Original post:
► Show Spoiler
Edit:

ImageImage
Joey Mensen wrote:At the Geneva Motorshow 2015, several supercars have been introduced; but a new Koenigsegg might deserve some extra attention. Koenigsegg has named their new car the ‘Regera’, which means ‘to rule’ in Swedish. Koenigsegg uses the term ‘megacar’ for the Regera, also termed for the One:1. By using this term, we can settle that Koenigsegg once again created a car which is expected to be blindingly fast.

The Koenigsegg Regera weighs a mere 1420 kilos thanks to the extensive use of carbon fiber and other composites. It still features the innovative swivel doors, and a removable roof for spirited open top cruising.

Koenigsegg says that the Regera will be a more of a luxury megacar rather than a track-focused car, like the Agera RS and One:1. Inside, the cabin is upholstered in the finest of leather and exotic materials, and features Apple CarPlay, 3G, WiFi, and a reverse camera. Similar to its predecessors, the Koenigsegg Regera will also be one of the fastest cars on the planet; hitting 200-plus mph in a luxurious manner.

The Koenigsegg Regera is a hybrid megacar with a 1100 hp 5.0-liter V8 engine paired to a set of 700 hp electrical motors at each wheel, being powered by an impressive 9 kWh liquid cooled battery pack (for comparison, the Porsche 918 Spyder features a 6.8 kWh battery pack).

Both the electric motors and the V8 engine work in unison via an innovative (KDD) Koenigsegg Direct Drive system, which is a new type of direct drive transmission invented by Christian von Koenigsegg. The KDD transfers electric and mechanical torque effectively for serious acceleration times. For starters, the Regera is capable of hitting 0-100 kph in just 2.8 seconds.

Once the car begins to pick up speed, the KDD system goes all in – 150kph t0 250 kph in just 3.2 seconds, or 0-400 km/h in a jaw dropping 20 seconds! For comparison, the Porsche 918 Spyder in race mode goes from 0 to 300 km/h in 23 seconds.

To give you another perspective, the Regera stays on tire slip (traction) limit from 0-270km/h at full acceleration. As Koenigsegg say, the Regera truly exhibits a “Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde” persona.

Another interesting fact is that the Regera doesn’t have a reverse gear in the KDD transmission. Instead the two electric motors help the car go reverse, further reducing component count and weight.

http://thesupercarkids.com/1500-plus-hp ... 0-seconds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Miao on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

Regera sounds like a umm i dont know. It feels weird and cool at the same time. I am still gonna say the agera is the better name any koenigsegg car.

Randome Car=Agera In its name=PROFIT

All personal prefferences nevertheless. XD
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Koenig means King and Regera means Rule. I guess the King wants to Rule the streets with this new car. :eeek:

I was about to make a Koenigsegg double post, when Tsuki found it necessary to Ninja me on this one. :roll:

This is one of the cars i look forward too. Will it be the new King of the roads? We'll see :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Some updates:
One of the few times failbook is actually useful...
https://www.facebook.com/regerakoenigsegg?fref=nf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A hybrid with a 700 HP electric motor coupled with probably some powerful engine along with it. Looks like it will be friendly to the environment, but not to you. :lol:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

OP updated, the car is finally revealed. :dance:
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

4WD, instant torque from the electric motor, only 1420 kg and 1800 hp. Mental specs, and looks pretty awesome.

I'm also really happy that Koenigsegg are finally changing up their design so that it doesn't just look like a CC8S.

Edit: Typo...
Last edited by 死の (Shino) on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MindScrambling numbers :eeek:

but the design is big step back IMO
... and the headlights look to much fezza wannabe 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Wow, i like this design. Epic car. A bit more accessible :party:

Koenigsegg is coming in hard and strong. I think there will be some sweating in Woking, Maranello and Zuffenhausen :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Chủ
Rookie
Rookie

How are Koenigsegg making the hypercar game look so effortless?! :lol:
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Engineering insanity at its best! I already love this car! :D

Return to “The Showroom”