Morgan Aero 8 '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Andrei Nedelea wrote:While the Morgan Aero 8 you see before you in these photos may look strikingly similar to what you already know, it actually isn’t and it comes with plenty of changes and improvements over its predecessor. It promises better comfort, handling, practicality, technology and luxury than ever before.

The car was just revealed at the Geneva motor show with a whole host of changes over its predecessor. Yes, the front fascia, bonnet and wings are pretty much identical from what we can tell, but from the doors back, it’s actually completely new.

Also all-new is the suspension system. It used to be of the inboard variety but for the latest Aero 8 it has been swapped out for a more conventional double wishbone independent setup on all four corners. This is said to have a number of advantages for comfort (particularly at low speeds), road holding and handling.

The engine is the same 4.8-lite BMW-sourced V8, a unit that will be kept mechanically the same but with uprated software to extract a few extra ponies and torques.

The new Aero 8 comes with a folding soft top that (for the first time in a Morgan) stows away behind the seats, as well as a detachable hardtop that looks really sexy and curvy – it’s what all detachable hardtops should look like, although this one may just fit this very curvy, retro car and not anything more modern-looking.

Morgan also says this latest Aero will also be better built than any Morgan before it, it will offer improved refinement and it’s also lighter than before, tipping the scale at just over a ton.

The expected production run won’t go beyond the 300-ish mark, and they plan to sell the model for around two years; it commences in October.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/morgan ... ero-8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

So many teasers released before only for this?

An updated engine would have been welcome...
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Chủ
Rookie
Rookie

Morgans are just so weird... :?

This car is really taking its time to grow on me.
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great to see modern(ish) cars with classic styling, something to be said for it. :mrgreen:

But I always wondered why the eff they put such a shitty steering wheel in such a puristic and beautiful interior...
Whiterun Guard
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

TheLuigi907 wrote:But I always wondered why the eff they put such a shitty steering wheel in such a puristic and beautiful interior...
Airbags maybe. I guess an airbag wouldn't fit in a traditional wood and chrome steering wheel...
死の (Shino) wrote:So many teasers released before only for this?

An updated engine would have been welcome...
Yeah I was also expecting more, but this ain't the ASS(Aero Super Sports). ;)

Return to “The Showroom”