McLaren 570S '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Jonathan Lopez wrote:Originally scheduled for debut at the upcoming New York Auto Show, McLaren has dropped cover on its new 570S Coupe. Presented as part of the entry-level, three-tier Sports Series line-up, the 570S Coupe is aimed at tackling models like the Audi R8 V10 and Porsche 911 Turbo S, with pricing expected somewhere in the $150,000-$200,000 range.

Output from its mid-mounted, twin-turbo, 3.8-liter V-8 engine is rated at 562 horsepower (or 570 PS) and 443 pound-feet of torque. Thirty percent of the components on the powerplant are new, while a seven-speed sequential-shift gearbox sends power to the rear wheels. McLaren claims a best-in-segment power-to-weight ratio. The 2,895-pound sports car is capable of reaching 62 mph from a standstill in 3.2 seconds and 124 mph in 9.5 seconds, and has a top speed of 204 mph. The engine also delivers 25.5 mpg, which means the 570S is exempt from the U.S. gas-guzzler tax.

Carbon ceramic brakes, a range of new forged alloy wheels, and P Zero Corsa tires all come standard. The suspension is also new, using independent adaptive dampers with front and rear anti-roll bars and dual wishbones. It has three settings: Normal, Sport and Track

The exterior showcases McLaren’s latest design philosophy, featuring a “shrinkwrapped” body that optimizes downforce. The carbon-fiber MonoCell II chassis was designed for easier ingress and egress, while still offering high levels of rigidity. Aluminum body panels keep curb weight low.

The interior has leather upholstery, increased storage space, a TFT digital instrument cluster, a seven-inch IRIS touchscreen, Bluetooth, and Sirius satellite radio. Upgraded infotainment and trim materials are available.

Stay tuned for a full review.

Update

Exterior:
Ever since the 650S broke cover with a front fascia inspired by the P1, it became clear the Sports Series will also receive the hypercar’s front end. As a result, the 570S’ appearance is striking, as it features the same "designed by air" fascia, with aero blades below the front bumper, large LED headlamps, and a rounded nose. The 570S also received McLaren’s iconic dihedral doors, which employ a "floating tendon" that divides the airflow, channeling it into the side intakes and underneath the flying buttresses. As a result, drag is minimized along the profile of the 570S, while cooling and downforce are further optimized.

The rear is where the 570S is unique compared to the both the P1 and the 650S. The flying buttresses and the teardrop-shaped rear glass help direct air across the rear deck, improving heat evacuation and increasing downforce. The taillights are quite large compared to the rear fascia, while the apron is an all-new design for McLaren. The exhaust pipes are now flanking the intricate diffuser (the 650 has them mounted below the wing), which uses no fewer than eight vertical blades to make the sports car more aerodynamic. As much as I like the 650S, I must admit the 570S is by far the sexiest vehicle when viewed from the rear and that diffuser has "race car" written all over it.

Interior:

Like every McLaren cabin, the 570S’ has been designed around the driver, with a focus on functionality and visibility. However, the new model was also conveived to offer improved day-to-day usability and enhanced roominess, two must-have features when competing against the Porsche 911 Porsche 911. The intelligent and ergonomic design of the cabin provides the most usable space of any McLaren to date, according to the firm. Also, the 570S is equipped with a full infotainment system including a newly designed digital instrument cluster and a seven-inch touchscreen with integrated climate control, Bluetooth connectivity and either DAB digital or Sirius satellite radio.

The Brits also made sure the 570S is a worthy competitor for the 911 in terms of premium features by adding leather-wrapped seats, and leather-trimmed dashboard and steering wheel as standard. Customers looking for a sportier feel behind the wheel can have the standard seats replaced by racing units.

Further customization is possible using McLaren’s extensive options list for the 570S, which includes a wide range of Alcantara, Nappa leather and carbon-fiber selections. A McLaren Audi Audio Plus 8-Speaker Upgrade System and bespoke Bowers & Wilkins 12-Speaker Premium Audio System with 1,280-Watt surround sound is also available. The Brits also mention the availability of bespoke interior specification similar to those introduced on the 675LT, which includes "selected colors and materials designed to best showcase the stylish cabin space and co-ordinate with each exterior paint color."

Drivetrain:

As expected, the 570S hits the streets with 570 PS, which converts to 562 horsepower, on tap. All that oomph comes from a detuned version of the company’s ubiquitous twin-turbo, 3.8-liter V-8 that cranks out 640 horses in the 650S and 800 horses in the P1. Power is transferred to the rear wheels through a seven-speed, dual-clutch transmission.

The 570S needs 3.2 seconds to hit 62 mph from standing start and 9.5 ticks to reach 124 mph. These figures make it 0.2 and 1.1 seconds slower than the 650S, respectively. Top speed sits at 204 mph, 3 mph less than the 650S, but downright impressive for the segment the 570S competes in.

But while the McLaren’s top speed will make 911 Turbo S drivers quite uncomfortable around the 570S (the Porsche can’t do more than 197 mph), the British sports car will be no match for the German in a straight line, as the Turbo S storms from 0 to 60 mph in only 2.9 seconds.

It might not be the quickest sports car on the market, but the 570S has plenty of other features to brag about. First, it’s lightest vehicle in its segment at 2,895 pounds, a figure that makes it a whopping 642 pounds lighter than the 911 Turbo S and 255 pounds lighter than the track-focused 911 GT3. Second, it delivers a class-leading power-to-weight ratio of 428 horses per tonne. And that’s downright impressive given the 911 Turbo S cranks out 349 horsepower per tonne.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/n ... 68531.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Specs:
specs.png
specs.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 1570 times

Last edited by Miao on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Pinduca
Rookie
Rookie

Just when I thought McLaren couldn't get any uglier...
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Pinduca wrote:Just when I thought McLaren couldn't get any uglier...
Well, and this is the first ever McLaren I'm likin' since the F1 GT. I like that black roof and rear lights. :)
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Easily recognizable as a McLaren but still boring for looking too much like the P1.
RUF is better than Porsche!

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Viktor Karpenko wrote:McLaren; still boring for looking too much like the P1.
And this is exactly the biggest problem for this car. It wants to be a P1 too much. This will also rub off on the buyers; like you can not afford a P1, so you went for the second best option. People with that much to spend do not want a second best option.
Other brands have exciting smaller models with appealing designs and their own character.

This car too much wants to be something it is not. The less aggressive front does not change that. Especially from the sides it looks like it can use a design overhaul. Maybe it will look badass in darker colors. But i have my doubts.

But from a performance perspective it will rock for sure. :woot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Cain
Mechanic
Mechanic

Would have liked the front end to be even more distinctive though. Corporate faces are inhibiting creativity in car design.

Baby McLaren P1, that's what this car is.
PSN: Cain211-RO
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Cain wrote:Would have liked the front end to be even more distinctive though. Corporate faces are inhibiting creativity in car design.
Here's a really cool slider that compares the 650S to the new 570S showin' how similar the two cars are. Image

http://jalopnik.com/try-your-hardest-to ... 1694596138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chủ
Rookie
Rookie

Tsukishima wrote:
Pinduca wrote:Just when I thought McLaren couldn't get any uglier...
Well, and this is the first ever McLaren I'm likin' since the F1 GT. I like that black roof and rear lights. :)
The same goes for me, I like this one.
MadManCK wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:McLaren; still boring for looking too much like the P1.
And this is exactly the biggest problem for this car. It wants to be a P1 too much. This will also rub off on the buyers; like you can not afford a P1, so you went for the second best option. People with that much to spend do not want a second best option.
Honestly, if I was offered the chance of getting the 570S or the P1 for free, I would get the 570S. Simply because of the looks. That front end may look similar to the 650S and P1 but the rear of the 3 cars are different, and the 570S got the best one!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

As the MP4-12C graduated from a middling with 'only' 592 hp to to currently 641 hp in the revised iteration called as the 650S, this new 570S is basically the replacement -- power-wise -- of the 12C, right? :|
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.

Return to “The Showroom”