Ultima Evolution '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Frederik Petersen wrote:You’ve probably come across the world record holding Ultima GTR before. It’s a supercar by the British manufacturer Ultima Sports Ltd, and that exact car, the GTR, has been produced for more than 10 years which of course means that it’s time to face the launch of an exciting new updated model.

The new model is called the Ultima Evolution which will be available in both Coupe and Convertible form and with this said, both the GTR and Can-Am models are now discontinued.

Speaking of the design of the new Evolution, it retains the same timeless Le Mans Group C inspired body shape seen on the old Ultima GTR. With this said though, it’s been improved and modernized a lot both design and performance wise, as many of the enhancements on the new Evolution have been stimulated by worldwide customer demand and feedback, according to Ultima Sports Ltd.

They continue by saying that “the superior Evolution model takes the Ultima to even greater levels of fit, finish, quality, safety, driver comfort, usability, practicality, handling finesse and performance” and speaking of the performance, you’ll be amazed.

The Ultima Evolution pictured is equipped with the monstrous 1020 horsepower and 1247 Newton-metres of torque. The specifications might sound well known, most likely because it’s the supercharged Chevrolet LS 6.8-litre V8 engine, which can be opted for in 15 different tunes ranging from 350 to 1020 horsepower. Equipped with a Porsche 6-speed manual transmission and with a dry weight of 950 kg, this car is bloody damn fast. 0-60 mph in done in 2.3 seconds setting the world record in its road-legal class and so is the 4.9 seconds from 0-100 mph, while the 0-100-0 mph time is done in no less than 8.8 seconds.

Due to its gearing, the top speed is limited to approx. 240+ mph while a standing quarter mile in done in 9.2 seconds with a top speed of 156 mph.

Interior wise you’ll find Ultima Evolution branded leather/alcantara seats and dashboard as well as instruments colour coded options. Whether you want it or not, air conditioning is also to be found and so is an Alpine “in car” entertainment system with sat nav option. On the outside, the Evolution is fitted with a lot of Ultima Evolution badges and several carbon fibre parts such as the wing mirrors and front splitter.

The old Ultima GTR drove around the Top Gear track in just 1 minute and 12.8 seconds with full video and GPS verified documentation, while the new model hasn’t driven around the track as of yet.

The new Evolution beats its predecessor in all aspects and we can only imagine how fast the new model can blast around the Top Gear test track near Dunsfold in the United Kingdom.

All parts in the new Evolution has been enhanced a lot compared to its predecessor, and the first customer Ultima Evolution cars will not be delivered until September 1. this year of which some have already been sold. The price starts at just £65,995 for the base model.

http://thesupercarkids.com/0-60-mph-in- ... evolution/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More pictures here: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11504079175 ... ghphotos#1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I have always loved the lines of the Ultima, they resemble a Group C car or a LMP and I love cars like this.

This update to the model is very good.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I like the Ultima, but over 1000HP is overkill. I think most casual drivers will have their hands full with the base 350HP engine already.
Around 700HP will be perfect for this machine. Or for a 1:1 get 900 :shock:
Nice as a third car.

I prefer the coupe over the open version.

If you have a shed somewhere and the time and money, go for it. :lol:

:woot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Showroom”