Toroidion 1MW '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Toroidion 1MW '15.jpg
Adrian Padeanu wrote:After a teaser published in February, Finnish specialty marque Toroidion has unveiled the 1MW electric concept at 2015 Top Marques Monaco.

The retro-styled fully electric supercar with gullwing doors comes from Finland and promises to offer 1,341 bhp (1,000 kW), hence the “1MW” designation. Other details are scarce at the moment, but on the company's website we found out the vehicle will have high-performance lightweight batteries with rapid swap capabilities.

Matching the output of the Koenigsegg One:1, the Toroidion 1MW is a hand-built concept that promises to offer "scalable performance" and was built with lightweight components. The company says it's fully street-legal and has been designed, developed and built entirely in Finland.

The startup was established back in 2011 by Pasi Pennanen with the bold objective of developing an all-new electric powertrain suitable for the Le Mans 24-hour endurance race. They are probably envisioning a racecar with hot swap batteries just like this 1MW concept.

More details will be revealed about the "innovative patented powertrain and lightweight concept car" after conducting a series of tests.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11504169231 ... ues-monaco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toroidion 1MW '15 rear.jpg
Toroidion 1MW '15 side.jpg
Toroidion 1MW '15 interior.jpg
Toroidion 1MW 2015.jpg
Toroidion 1MW.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Very nice car. :o

I hope it can make it to production, haven't heard of any Finnish supercars at all, so that's their chance.
RUF is better than Porsche!

Cain
Mechanic
Mechanic

1341 hp from an eletric motor. Why can't Koenigsegg just buy Toroidion and put that on their Regera Hybrid hypercar?
PSN: Cain211-RO
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:The retro-styled fully electric supercar [...] 1,341 bhp (1,000 kW)
Wow. That's shocking.
Bush
Rookie
Rookie

That doesn't look bad.

It makes Bush remember of the Callaway Corvette, with some Spyker touch.

-Bush
ALL YOUR BUSH ARE BELONG TO ME![/b] Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:Very nice car. :o

I hope it can make it to production, haven't heard of any Finnish supercars at all, so that's their chance.
I second that. If it's done, Finland can finally be added to the Supercar World Map. :)
Supercar World Map.png
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Electric cars shouldn't really be retro-styled...

At least this one isn't a complete rip off of a legendary car.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:Very nice car. :o

I second that. If it's done, Finland can finally be added to the Supercar World Map. :)
Supercar World Map.png
Ay the supercar world map! ay

SNAP
 ! Message from: MadManCK
Hiding behind a spoiler and still insulting fellow forum members wont work mate. Enjoy your holiday.
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

SNAP

I care about it. :)

It's interesting how every Western European countries except Ireland have produced at least 1 supercar. But I also would like to know why Indonesia is in.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Warachia wrote:I care about it. :)

It's interesting how every Western European countries except Ireland have produced at least 1 supercar.
Well, thanks Warachia. :mrgreen:

But you're wrong. Andorra, Iceland, Luxembourg, Malta, San Marino and the Vatican state (and Norway?) are all part of "West Europe" and all of them have never produced a supercar. :geek:

Warachia wrote:But I also would like to know why Indonesia is in.
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 490#p26834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Showroom”