Alpine Celebration Concept '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

John McIlroy wrote:Unveiled at the Le Mans 24 Hours, and officially called the Alpine Celebration, the car was present at La Sarthe ostensibly to support the entry of an Alpine-backed contender in the LMP2 category of the endurance classic.

However, it also serves to show how Renault, Alpine’s owner, plans to return the sports car brand to the 
market in 2016.

The Alpine Celebration bears strong resemblances to Alpines of old, most notably the A110 Berlinetta which has clearly influenced the new car’s scalloped bonnet and twin spotlights mounted high on the front bumper. The rear is more contemporary, although there are clear references to the A110 in the way the shoulder line tapers away beyond the back wheels, not to mention the blue and orange paint scheme.

Alpine design boss Antony Villain said, “We envisaged the Alpine Celebration show car as the crowning glory of six decades of Alpine style and motor racing. But we wanted to go even further by reaching out to a much broader audience.”

Renault has not released 
any mechanical information about the concept beyond confirming its mid-engined layout. However, the Celebration is understood to be the logical offspring of the work started in 2012 between Alpine and Caterham.

That project was dissolved when Renault bought back the British sports car brand’s stake in 2014. At the time, Renault said it would continue using the technology developed by the two firms. The Celebration is said to use the project’s platform and construction principles.

The most recent Alpine concept, 2012’s A110-50, featured the V6 engine from a Renault Mégane Trophy race car. However, it is understood that the production version of the Celebration – spied testing at the Nordschleife under a modified Lotus body – will adhere more closely to the A110’s tradition of modest power outputs and light weight by featuring a four-cylinder petrol engine driving the rear wheels.

An output of around 250bhp has been mooted, so the 2.0-litre unit from the Renaultsport Mégane is more likely to feature instead of the 1.6 from the Renaultsport Clio.

Controversially, a dual-clutch transmission is considered more likely than 
a manual gearbox.

The A110 successor is seen by senior Renault officials as a crucial way of ‘re-legitimising’ the Alpine name, and opening up the potential for a wider range of models.

Laurens van den Acker, Renault’s design boss, said, “The challenge with Alpine is to somehow fill this gap of more than 20 years and do a product that is believable. The car really needs to create the foundation of Alpine. We need to create the 911 of Alpine. If we do that properly, then we can consider cars like the Panamera.”The production Alpine will almost certainly be built in the company’s original factory in Dieppe.

The plant is still under Renault ownership but is used only for small-volume products. It currently makes the Renaultsport Clio, and recently started assembling Bluecar electric vehicles for the Bolloré company that also owns the Source London charging network.

The Alpine Celebration concept is due to make a public appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed later this month, as well as an Alpine classic reunion in Dieppe, in September.

The production version of the car is expected to sell for around £50,000 – around the same as an Alfa Romeo 4C – as Renault attempts to pitch the revived Alpine brand well beyond the level of any of its existing products.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor ... ed-le-mans
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

That looks cool. Hopefully the production model will stay faithful to this design.

Finally a new car that I like the tail lights. :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Alpine will most likely have a 1.8 Turbo engine, mounted before the rear axle. Power output comes in different stages: 250, 275 and 300 HP.

It is great to see a cool concept like this to make it into production. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm kinda late but I, personally, think this car looked much better at the Goodwood FoS, without the light covers and orange details.

RUF is better than Porsche!

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Maybe a lill history?

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:I'm kinda late but I, personally, think this car looked much better at the Goodwood FoS, without the light covers and orange details.
Yep, a whole lot better.
CbVd18cVIAEfzCv.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Miao wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:I'm kinda late but I, personally, think this car looked much better at the Goodwood FoS, without the light covers and orange details.
Yep, a whole lot better.
I even think this looks better than their latest concept, the Vision, which makes the Celebration look like a track-focused version of it.
RUF is better than Porsche!

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I like the wheels alot and I enjoy overall looks would look nice as road car
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic wrote:would look nice as road car
ImageImage

Right here: http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2172
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

moved
Last edited by Lunytrickz on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Showroom”