BAC Mono 2.5 '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Matt Bird wrote:With Nurburgring lap records probably off for the immediate future, is the Goodwood hill time to become the fast car track test? There were 75 comments on the supercar shootout story, crashes trying to achieve a fast time and now BAC has posted an 'unofficial' record.

Alright, the world's supercar makes aren't likely to descend on Sussex anytime soon. But BAC's claim of a 47.9-second time in the new Mono is still remarkable, over three seconds quicker than the Noble M600 this year and 1.3 seconds faster than last year's fastest time in the GT-R NISMO. The video gives you some idea of what that looks like -fast, in a word - without actually covering start to finish.
So how has it been done? The biggest change for the 2016 BAC is a new engine, a 2.5-litre four-cylinder from Mountune replacing the old 2.3. Power is up from 284hp to 309hp and presumably there's a little more torque too - that figure hasn't yet been released. Power to weight is claimed at 533hp per tonne thanks to a 580kg kerbweight.

New for this model year also are a drive-by-wire throttle and "bespoke driver fitment" including a unique steering wheel and and seat tailor-made for the owner.

But the the latest Mono is more significant than just a model update, with BAC now operating from a new factory now capable of producing a car a month. This is part of a wider drive to export the Mono and give BAC greater exposure in European and Asian markets. Oh, and it also now has access to Liverpool Airport for shakedown testing...

BAC has also stated that a double-digit amount of orders were taken at Goodwood, which certainly bodes well for the future. There aren't yet any details on price for the new model, but we would expect a slight rise over the £74,950 (plus VAT) previously charged. More details, and hopefully a first drive from Liverpool Airport, to follow as soon as possible!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-brit ... ails/32491
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

BAC just upgraded the Mono with the thin it least needed... More power...
RUF is better than Porsche!

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:BAC just upgraded the Mono with the thin it least needed... More power...
I'm pretty sure there's a G missing somewhere in your post.

King of typos... Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:BAC just upgraded the Mono with the thin it least needed... More power...

King of typos... Image
K, thx 4 informing me, Grammar Princess. -_-
RUF is better than Porsche!

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Viktor Karpenko wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:

King of typos... Image
K, thx 4 informing me, Grammar Princess. -_-
Lucky for Tsuki, you don't live in New Zealand :loll:

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1972
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Return to “The Showroom”