Ferrari 488 Spider '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Septerra wrote:Ferrari has quietly introduced the 488 Spider, scheduled to make its official premiere during the Frankfurt Motor Show this September.

The Italian company explains this is the most powerful ever mid-rear-engined V8 car of the brand to feature a retractable hard top. This is also “the most aerodynamically efficient Ferrari spider ever built”. The roadster comes with a blown spoiler and an aerodynamic underbody incorporating vortex generators. There’s also an electric glass rear wind stop that can be adjusted to one of three positions.

The 488 Spider has a spaceframe chassis made of 11 different aluminium alloys combined with other noble metals, such as magnesium. This provides same torsional rigidity and beam stiffness figures as the 488 GTB with 25% improved chassis performance. The retractable hard top folds backwards in two overlapping sections and it takes 14 seconds for the top to fully retract or deploy.

Power is provided by the same 3.9-liter V8 twin-turbo engine used in the 488 GTB, generating 670 PS (493 kW) at 8,000 rpm and 760 Nm (560 lb-ft) of torque at 3,000 rpm. These power figures are enough for a 0-100 km/h sprint (0-62 mph) in three seconds, while hitting the 200 km/h mark takes 8.7 seconds.

The 488 Spider will make its global premiere during the 2015 IAA in Frankfurt later this year. Sales could start before the end of the year.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11507289719 ... ith-670-ps

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have seen a 488 coupe IRL recently and i have to say it looks much better than on pics. But i still have to get used to the massive air ducts at the sides. The turbos and intercoolers need more airflow for sure, but these holes can suck in small pets. :shock:

The Spyder is a looker, as usual. I don't think Ferrari will have too much troubles selling a lot of them.

Ferrari will go to the stock market soon®. Maybe worth getting some shares :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote:I have seen a 488 coupe IRL recently and i have to say it looks much better than on pics.
just like with every single car. For example, when i see a Hyundai Sonata IRL i think it's one pretty car itself but when i see it on the internet i think it's just a generic asian car. I also only started to like certain cars after i saw them IRL, the Audi R8 is another example.
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-

Return to “The Showroom”