Toyota S-FR '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Darren Moss wrote:The S-FR concept is described as being a “fun-to-drive lightweight sports car” which is pitched as an entry-level model, which means any production variant would sit underneath the current GT86 and would likely compete with other small sports cars like the Mazda MX-5 and upcoming Fiat 124 Spider. Its dimensions make the S-FR significantly shorter, narrower and lower than the current GT86, with a smaller wheelbase.

Toyota says the front-engined, rear-wheel drive coupé offers “smooth, responsive and direct handling that gives a real sense of communication between car and driver.” The concept has been envisioned with future tuning and customisation in mind and features a pared-back interior with a digital instrument cluster and very few buttons inside.

Toyota hasn’t specified what engine powers the S-FR, merely saying it’s connected to a six-speed manual transmission. However, it’s understood that power will come from a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine producing around 128bhp.

If the S-FR makes it to production, it will give Toyota a three-strong sports car line-up, sitting alongside the current GT86 and the planned Supra successor - which is currently being co-developed with BMW. The partnership could also lead to BMW getting its own version of the entry-level sports car, in the form of the long-rumoured Z2. As Autocar reported in 2013, the Z2 would be based on the UKL1 platform which already underpins the Mini and BMW 2 Series.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

Seriously the worst looking sport car wannabe from Toyota i've seen.
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

It's like a mini Aston Martin V12 Zagato (minus the front grille).

I like this. :)
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I think it's a cute car, it needs a little work on the front grille and around the back a little though.

It looks very promising and I hope Toyota decides to put it into production, there needs to be more fun and affordable cars to have in this world. :mrgreen:

Warachia wrote:It's like a mini Aston Martin V12 Zagato (minus the front grille).
There's also the lack of a rear wing in the S-FR. :P
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tsukishima wrote:cute car
a shinigami is cuter than this....png
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

I like it. I think the looks are targeted towards a certain market [read: suburban hairdressers] but I think it'll be interesting to see what it can do in comparison to the new Miata and Spider.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

TheLuigi907 wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:cute car
a shinigami is cuter than this....png
:loll:

Great gift for secretaries. Girly car.

PS Grille can be fixed by tunershops. Seems like a car that will be customized a lot.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

This car is something Toyota definitely needs in its current line-up. Front reminds me of the current MINI and those rear lights make the rear look like an Alfa 4C.
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

A modern take on the Toyota Sports 800
toyota_sports_800_1965_pictures_1.jpg
Perhaps?
RUF is better than Porsche!

TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey, look at what appeared in a demo version of GT6 in this year's Tokyo Motor Show.
CSYJltuVEAAgXra.jpg

Return to “The Showroom”