General Car Chat

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, nice way of displaying them at the same time.

I think Smart Cars has something similar at the dealerships.

But getting your Lamborghini from a vending machine, without a salesman trying to sell you a car stereo you do not want is just priceless. :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

coming back on that scheming on limited ed cars appreciation

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Interesting test, but i still think a 18" wheel looks a million times better that a 17", so it is a mix of the cars look.

But this is for sure something to keep in mind when i do buy a car at some point. But if i had the money / need then i would get a 2005/2008 Volvo S40 2,0 Diesel, as it looks premium and is a Ford Focus underneath so it gonna drive great, and it is fairly cheap for what you get, and a 2liter Diesel is good for 9,6 sec to 100 kmh, so plus you can tune the diesel engine so probably 20 hp more to come out of it and it is Volvo so it is safe and bullet proof in terms of reliability.

But if i had the money for gas then i could get the Volvo S40 with the 2,4L 5 cylinder engine and make it sound like a rallycar but 11 km/l of gas is scary as 1 liter gas is 1,3 euros.

Sorry i have being spending way to much time on used car sites since i got my second pc screen :lol: :oops:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is up to 1,65€ per liter (Euro95) over here with our greedy tax system on Fuel. :eeek:

The 5cyl turbo sounds awesome. I have driven a few.
I drive a 6cyl turbo now. V70(T6). One of the last good sounding engines, before Volvo turns all electric/4cyl turbo. :mrgreen:

Personally i would stay away from driving diesel engines in road cars. Only advantage might be fuel economy.
Normal petrol engines sound better, drive better and you don't feel like driving a tractor.
Not to mention the terrible diesel kats, that throw out sufficating fumes. I sometimes wonder what is worse....

:twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool, but the V70 T6 auto. gets 9,8 km/l damn, must be expensive to drive, but then again Volvo V70's are super nice to sit in, my uncle have a old V70 T5 but you sit so damn low in those cars.

But good / bad thing about Volvo is that they depreciate so damn much so you pick them up very cheap second hand and you get alot of car for the money.

And when you look at the Volvo S40 then the 2 liter diesel is the best engine option as it can do 9,6 sec 0/100 and do 17,9 km/l, while the petrol 1,8 liter takes 10,9 sec 0/100 and only gets like 13,9 km/l, so the 2,4i liter 5 cylinder is nearly worth it as it gets 8,5 sec 0/100 and 11 km/l.

But i'm nowhere close to buying a car, i just got bored and started looking at used cars. ;)

And for sure i love petrol sounds but those engines are also less efficient, plus you can't tune them, maybe a air intake but thats about it when it is a N/A engine, where as the diesel engines have turbo's and can be tuned fairly easily.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think there is a V40 4 cyl turbo, that also drives on flexi fuel (Bi fuel). It can run on E85 and any mixture of petrol and methanol. Most clean option in that car. And powerful as well.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:13 pm I think there is a V40 4 cyl turbo, that also drives on flexi fuel (Bi fuel). It can run on E85 and any mixture of petrol and methanol. Most clean option in that car. And powerful as well.

The V40 is a different model range, it is their new budget model, but the V50 is the stationcar version of the S40.

But the V40 is cool, but stil to expensive used, and if you have to spent that much then the VW Polo begins to be a better option.

Return to “The Showroom”