Audi R18 e-tron quattro Hybrid LMP1 '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
WCF wrote:The German manufacturer confirmed that the new car will continue to use diesel power - setting it apart from its petrol-powered Toyota and Porsche competitors - as part of a revamped 4-litre V6 engine.

It also revealed that the car will be entered into the 6MJ energy retrieval sub-class, up from 4MJ on this year's model, which finished runner-up to Porsche in both teams' and drivers' competitions in the WEC.

Flywheel energy storage for the hybrid system has been abandoned in favour of a lithium-ion battery solution similar to that used by sister manufacturer Porsche.

The car also features heavily revised front bodywork in a bid to maximise aerodynamic performance.

"With our new Audi R18, we’re setting a clear signal: Audi continues to put the pedal to the metal in motorsport, deliberately relying on TDI – the world’s most successful automotive efficiency technology – at Le Mans," said Audi motorsport boss Dr Wolfgang Ullrich.

Audi also confirmed unchanged driver line-ups for the WEC, while also announcing it will scale back from three cars to just two for the Le Mans 24 Hours.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11511291015 ... challenger
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Ugh, the R18 is becoming uglier and uglier each year. I know the styling is irrelevant in a race-car but there isn't how to ignore it.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

looks like something Darth Vader would drive.

The time that LM cars looked good seems to be long gone. :(
This is more like a driving billboard with a face that has been worked up by gang members.

I bet they lie about emission figures as well... :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:looks like something Darth Vader would drive.

The time that LM cars looked good seems to be long gone. :(
This is more like a driving billboard with a face that has been worked up by gang members.

I bet they lie about emission figures as well... :lol:

Totally agree With you MadManCK

When I do watch LM mainly watch lower classes

Future of cars seems to get more and more scarier each day next generation will be left with nothing but video and pictures of what real race cars once were
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is it a bad thing that I root against the teams with the worst looking cars?

I'd like to see either Toyota or Porsche winning this year's Le mans and Audi finishing in last place, behind Rebellion and ByKolles...

Return to “The Showroom”