Infiniti Q60S Coupe '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Adrian Padeanu wrote:After seeing it undisguised in November last year, the 2017 Infiniti Q60 Coupe has arrived today at the North American International Auto Show.

Previewed by a namesake concept at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, the premium coupe adopts a stylish design with a double-arch front grille and interesting C pillars shaped like a crescent. It benefits from LED headlights featuring Light Guide technology mimicking the shape of the human eyelid.

Infiniti managed to achieve a drag coefficient of 0.28 thanks to the sleeker body with vents in the front fenders that direct air out of the engine bay. In addition, the hood was shaped to further reduce drag and there’s an Active Grille Shutter (V6-only) that remains closed in normal use and opens up during lively driving.

About that V6 engine, it’s a newly developed biturbo 3.0-liter from the “VR” family and will be offered in two states of tune. The first one is rated at 300 horsepower (224 kW) at 6,400 rpm and 295 pound-feet (400 Nm) from 1,600 rpm. Fitted with this engine, the Q60 Coupe will return 23 mpg and emit CO2 emissions of 154 g/km.

For those with a bigger thirst for power, the beefier configuration delivers 400 hp (298 kW) and 350 lb-ft (475 Nm) from the same rpm levels. As you would expect, this one is a little bit less economical and will do 22 mpg and 206 g/km.

If you would rather have a four-cylinder engine, Infiniti will sell its latest coupe with a turbocharged 2.0-liter pushing out 208 hp (155 kW) at 5,500 rpm and 258 lb-ft (350 Nm). It’s the most efficient motor available and will return 24 mpg and 154 g/km.

These engines work with a seven-speed automatic transmission sending power to the rear wheels, but an optional rear-biased all-wheel drive system is available.

For the first time on an Infiniti sports coupe, 20-inch wheels are going to be available as an alternative to the fresh 19-inch set that comes as standard. Go for the biturbo V6 and you can take advantage of Infiniti’s second-generation direct adaptive steering that provides a more direct connection between the driver and the car. You’ll be able to alter the steering response by choosing from one of the six available modes: Standard, Snow, Eco, Sport, Sport+ (for some models), and Customize.

Another important novelty is represented by the electronic Dynamic Digital Suspension system offered as standard on the Q60 Sport. Infiniti says it grants the model with best-in-class handling responses and agility thanks to revamped software and hardware changes, including new bespoke dampers.

Stepping inside the cabin, it aims to offer among the lowest noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) levels in its class thanks to additional suspension insulation and stiffer cross-members. Even the spokes of the wheels have been created to dampen vibrations. All Q60 models come as standard with Active Noise Cancellation technology that prevent negative engine noise frequencies from infiltrating the cabin.

An all-new 13-speaker Bose sound system makes its debut on a production car and it was designed specifically for the Q60. Other goodies include the latest Infiniti InTuition infotainment system packing a quicker processor and providing access to a wide array of functions.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Pinduca
Rookie
Rookie

Infiniti has really taken a lot of time crafting this car and they've truly made something special. Kudos to Infiniti.
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

This car looks great but I don't like the C pillar. It is different and I'll give Infiniti that but I personally don't like it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

legacybear wrote:This car looks great but I don't like the C pillar.
I agree. But it is a nice looking coupe. Don't know where the inspiration for that C pillar came from. A can opener? :P
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Don't know where the inspiration for that C pillar came from. A can opener? :P
The inspiration comes from the Essence '09. :geek:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Looks better in silver. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

But good in red too.

ImageImage
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Off Topic
What is the story with the renaming? Purring kitten now or a symbol of the occasional use of your fangs or claws? We all know you as Tsukishima, so why don't keep it like that?
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:
Off Topic
What is the story with the renaming? Purring kitten now or a symbol of the occasional use of your fangs or claws?
Off Topic
There's pretty much no story behind the renamin', it's just a name I came up with and that I'm usin' in another friendly forum since the beginning of this year.
MadManCK wrote:
Off Topic
We all know you as Tsukishima, so why don't keep it like that?
Off Topic
Because I don't want it? Differently from you or other people I am not really attached to any usernames I have ever used, I just can't come up with one that I'd use without thinkin' of changin' it at some point, I'm a nomad when it comes down to usernames. :P

Return to “The Showroom”