Opel GT Concept '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Anthony Karr wrote:Opel has officially introduced the GT Concept ahead of its global premiere, set for the 2016 Geneva Auto Show in early March.

The German company took us by surprise as it has only shared two teasers of the study and we are still more than a month away from its debut at the Swiss auto show. Nevertheless, here we have the complete official information of the GT Concept that takes the shape of a two-door sports coupe.

Speaking of design, the first impression of the car is that it’s nowhere close to production and features futuristic look dominated by a red signature line that “splits the vehicle body horizontally and proportions it.” While the front end strongly reminds us of the Monza Concept, the side profile reveals long bonnet and distinctive rear end with short rear overhang.

What also caught our attention are the doors that have no door handles and side mirrors. Both the driver and the passenger gain access to the interior after pressing a touchpad that is integrated in the red signature line of the roof. Two cameras have been mounted behind the wheel arches, transmitting images to two monitors on the left and right-hand side of the cockpit.

The manufacturer has also installed the latest version of its IntelliLux LED technology that provides “very three-dimensional” light from the headlights.

We are tempted to agree with Opel, which describes the GT Concept as a true sportscast. Despite its 1.0-liter 3-cylinder turbo engine, the vehicle indeed has a classic conception with front mid-engine, rear-wheel drive with a mechanical differential lock, and a sequential gearbox. The 145 horsepower (107 kW) generated by the unit are channeled to the rear axle through a six-speed transmission that is controllable by shift paddles on the steering wheel.

This setup provides acceleration from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in less than 8 seconds with top speed reaching 215 km/h.

“We are taking the next step towards even more emotion and driving pleasure with the Opel GT Concept," Opel Group CEO Dr. Karl-Thomas Neumann commented. "The GT Concept shows what Opel stands for now. We are confident, ambitious, innovative and we want win over more customers with every new car.”

Look for the Opel GT Concept at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show that is scheduled to open its doors on March 3.
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The original Opel GT looked a bit like a mini Corvette Stingray. In a way they followed a similar approach with this nice little coupe.

Red front tires, lol. :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Taking away the silly red tires and side stripe, and invisible side windows (I hate those) - it's got a nice shape to it.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Red front tires, lol. :D
死の (Shino) wrote:Taking away the silly red tires and side stripe, and invisible side windows (I hate those) - it's got a nice shape to it.
I don't really care about the red tires but the "invisible" side windows are seriously uncool. I hope these never appear in an actual production car of any manufacturer. :x
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Miao wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Red front tires, lol. :D
死の (Shino) wrote:Taking away the silly red tires and side stripe, and invisible side windows (I hate those) - it's got a nice shape to it.
I don't really care about the red tires but the "invisible" side windows are seriously uncool. I hope these never appear in an actual production car of any manufacturer. :x
I guess I have something else to complain about other than the tail lights. XD

I definitely agree with you all about the tinted windows, it's just too much.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

This nice render gets rid of the red tires and stripe as well as the horrid tinted side windows, and envisions the car in a production-ready form. :)

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Return to “The Showroom”