Porsche 911 R '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Sergiu Tudose wrote:With everyone looking to grab a track-oriented machine nowadays, there don’t seem to be that many better options than the brand new 911 R, listed as a pure sports car with a classical design.

Taking after its legendary predecessor, which performed in rallies and other racing events such as the Targa Florio, the latest variant features a lightweight construction that keeps total weight at 1,370 kg, thus making it the lightest version of the 911 currently on the market.

Performance-wise, it's got a 4.0-liter naturally aspirated flat-six good for 500 PS and 460 Nm (339 lb-ft) of torque, resulting in a 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) acceleration time of just 3.8 seconds. The driver also gets to enjoy a six-speed manual sports transmission with short gearshift travel, as Porsche points out.

Once up to speed, the 911 R will max out at 323 km/h (200 mph) - quicker than the GT3 RS, which makes sense since the 'R' undercuts it by 50 kg (110 lbs). By the way, those who care about fuel consumption data in cars such as these should probably know that the R (13.3 l/100km) is less economical than both the GT3 (12.4 l/100km) and the GT3 RS (12.7 l/100km).

In terms of driving dynamics, Porsche has focused on making the 911 R as good at going around corners as possible. Its specially tuned standard rear-axle steering helps it during turn-in, while the mechanical rear differential lock builds up maximum traction. Also, in order to give it as much stopping power as possible, Porsche installed ceramic composite brakes (PCCB) as standard.

From an aesthetic stand point, the 911 R resembles the Carrera, with just the nose and rear body reminding us of the GT3. However, the drive technology comes from the GT3 RS, while the GT3 bits make up the body and chassis components.

During their press conference in Geneva, Porsche made it clear that while this is a track-oriented car, not exactly meant for day-to-day driving, it's still a perfectly capable cruiser within city limits, even with heavy traffic around - which is part of the reason why the German automaker went with a retractable rear spoiler (familiar to Carrera models) instead of a massive fixed rear wing.

Inside, the 911 R offers carbon full bucket seats with fabric center panels, an R-specific GT sport steering wheel, carbon trim and pull straps as door openers.

Porsche has stated that they will only be building 991 units of the limited-edition 911 R, which should make this a rather hot commodity.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

The new Porsche 911 R ‘for purists' , more like for the annoying fanboys.

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It misses a Ducktail

And there is nothing annoying about people who are passionate about a brand. Either Ferrari, Porsche or any other brand.
Please refrain from statements like that in Car posts. Thank you.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:And there is nothing annoying about people who are passionate about a brand.
Yes, there is nothing annoying about these people, but the fanboys are still annoying as hell.
fanboy

A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.
And we have some in this forum. :angry-screaming:

________

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

What is more annoying is double posting EVO vids. Same video is already in the Porsche (fangirl) thread. :P
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

:loll:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Same video is already in the Porsche (fangirl) thread. :P
Which is a thread I REFUSE to enter in. ;)
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Miao wrote:
MadManCK wrote: Same video is already in the Porsche (fangirl) thread. :P
Which is a thread I REFUSE to enter in. ;)
then how come ya "found" that vid so fast after i posted it? :doh:

and i've alway's liked Porsches, but my LOVE for them started after i drove and raced my fair share of Porsches and could compare them to other (over)hyped brands
the RR engine set-up needs some driversskill, but once ya got that mastered, it gives advantages NO other car can give

so DRIVE some before ya hate on them !!!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Lunytrickz wrote:then how come ya "found" that vid so fast after i posted it? :doh:
Search engines + news feed.
Lunytrickz wrote:and i've alway's liked Porsches, but my LOVE for them started after i drove and raced my fair share of Porsches and could compare them to other (over)hyped brands
the RR engine set-up needs some driversskill, but once ya got that mastered, it gives advantages NO other car can give

so DRIVE some before ya hate on them !!!
Yup, that's just the type of comment I'd expect from a fanboy/fangirl. :loll:
Lunytrickz wrote: it gives advantages NO other car can give
RUF's gives better advantages than Porsche's does, this a fact you cannot neglect. ;)
Lunytrickz wrote:so DRIVE some before ya hate on them !!!
Oh don't worry, I don't actually hate any particular manufacturer or their cars in general, I only hate their overhyped fanbase.

From my experience in the forums I'm active at, BMW, Ferrari and Porsche are just the most common ones with annoying fanboys/fangirls IMO, you just so happen to be one of these people, that doesn't mean we can't coexist peacefully though as one of my best friends over the internet is a Ferrari purist.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

RUF whould not exits if it wasn't for ....
aaah not worth my time

Return to “The Showroom”