No votes

Total votes: 0
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

[youtube]DMklzHtHGwc[/youtube]
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
lambo_lover
Rookie
Rookie

I don't like this at all. Or the one before that or the one before that etc. I respect the 911 for what it is but ill never have the passion to love one or to be adamant of owning one one day like a lambo.

Some of my issues
They all look to similar, and im the kinda person who loves designing and I dont get much here
Looks like a beetle, you can't deny it
Hate most circle light, hated them on mercs to
Very common. Good for sales but not very special
They don't hold there value compared to other manufactures like lambo and Ferrari
YOU buy a FERRARI when you want to BE someone, YOU buy a LAMBORGHINI when you ARE someone!!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The 911 is supposed to look similar to the original design. It is a timeless design, maybe not the most glamorous, but instantly recognizable as a Porsche.
It is also one of the few Sport Cars that is reliable and suitable for daily use.
And unlike the previous statement it keeps its value much better than Ferraris and Lambos.

It is simple, you either like it or not. :occasion-snowman:

This EVO video rocks. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

lambo_lover
Rookie
Rookie

the cheapest gallardo 2004 i could find was £51,000. the cheapest ferrari f430 2005 i could find was 55,000 and the cheapest porsche turbo 2005 was £25,000

so i wouldnt say a porsche holds its value better
YOU buy a FERRARI when you want to BE someone, YOU buy a LAMBORGHINI when you ARE someone!!!
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

lambo_lover wrote: They all look to similar, and im the kinda person who loves designing and I dont get much here
It is identity; they have found the perfect blend of design and engineering. What is the point of a major redesign if it destroys the traditional Porsche shape and strains further away from perfection? The design is there; a non-fine eye won't see the subtle differences, but they are noticed on the track instantly with the figures. And last I checked, the 2 cars in your sig look really similar, so you shot yourself in the foot on this one.
lambo_lover wrote:Looks like a beetle, you can't deny it
Really...? I thought we were past the beetle thing? Do I need to reference lambos being upgraded tractors again? Comparing any modern 911 to a beetle isn't just an opinion, it is plain ignorance.
lambo_lover wrote:Hate most circle light, hated them on mercs to
Okay.. I guess light shape is the dealbreaker then?
lambo_lover wrote:Very common. Good for sales but not very special
No offense but I hate when people use this as a negative thing. Hating a car because it is successful is ridiculous. Let's hypothetically say everyone shared your opinion, saw this, saw how Lamborghini's are rare, and bought lambos instead; now lambos are common. So then, according to you, you now hate all lambos because they sell more cars.
lambo_lover wrote:They don't hold there value compared to other manufactures like lambo and Ferrari
Oh no, they hold their value pretty good. It is just harder to see, because an entree level lambo is already in the 6 figure range easily. If a regular Porsche after 5 years is valued at $40,000 (new $80,000) and a lambo costs $120,000 (new 250,000), the Porsche held its value better. I'm not saying Porsche holds its value better, but it isn't out of line with its competitors.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
lambo_lover
Rookie
Rookie

eaustinn36 wrote:It is identity; they have found the perfect blend of design and engineering. What is the point of a major redesign if it destroys the traditional Porsche shape and strains further away from perfection? The design is there; a non-fine eye won't see the subtle differences, but they are noticed on the track instantly with the figures. And last I checked, the 2 cars in your sig look really similar, so you shot yourself in the foot on this one.
put it this way, i as much as i love the gallardo i want a new one because i want a new design. i want them to move forward in mechanics and design. i mean if ferrari and lamborghini can do it why cant porsche? and as far as the murci and the aventador looking the same. i dont think so they look diffrent. sure they have a few design ques that they have kept on the aventador but you can tell they are two diffrent car:

a non petrol head can tell they are diffrent unlike many porsche's

eaustinn36 wrote:Really...? I thought we were past the beetle thing? Do I need to reference lambos being upgraded tractors again? Comparing any modern 911 to a beetle isn't just an opinion, it is plain ignorance.
im not and i dont think i ever will be. talking about ignorance, a tractor... really? i wasnt complaining about how the cars originated. i said they look similar. i tractor and a lamborghini look nothing alike. a beetle and a 911 look/styled similaurly
eaustinn36 wrote:Okay.. I guess light shape is the dealbreaker then?
well no but if a car has circle light its rare that i like the front end.

eaustinn36 wrote:No offense but I hate when people use this as a negative thing. Hating a car because it is successful is ridiculous. Let's hypothetically say everyone shared your opinion, saw this, saw how Lamborghini's are rare, and bought lambos instead; now lambos are common. So then, according to you, you now hate all lambos because they sell more cars.
dont worry im not going to be offended lol, i hope you dont either. this is just a discussion.

although that would never happen... but going with it, i think yes i would slowly start to dislike that fact that lamborghnis are more populaur and i would try to find another car that i would rather have for my fave that wasnt so populaur. however saying that i would still like them, but i wouldnt be obsessed like i am today
eaustinn36 wrote:Oh no, they hold their value pretty good. It is just harder to see, because an entree level lambo is already in the 6 figure range easily. If a regular Porsche after 5 years is valued at $40,000 (new $80,000) and a lambo costs $120,000 (new 250,000), the Porsche held its value better. I'm not saying Porsche holds its value better, but it isn't out of line with its competitors.
this is what i found. i looked around to find the cheapest i could of each car perfect condition BTW lol

2004 gallardo 60,000 brand new £137,079
2004 turbo S 20,000 brand new £123,075 -- i dont know how much this car was when it came out so i used the 2013 model to determine the price

both base models....
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

a beetle and a 911 look/styled similaurly
They look similar because the original design was done by the same guy. In fact the first Porsches were built on a shortened Beetle chassis. They keep the design true to their heritage and are very successful with it. No single car in the automotive history has had its basic design appeal to so many people in different era. It is timeless, like i mentioned before. They don't need to change it. And you like it or not, simple.

If you really want to look into value numbers, check the depreciation in the first year after you bought it. Also take in consideration the mileage of those cars and the fact that most exotics will be very expensive to maintain. Maybe Gallardos are more reliable now since Audi waves the scepter at Lamborghini (first new model under Audi regime), but i think Porsche has a name for making the most reliable supercars in the World.

Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Just going to point something out that most people know allready.

Lamborghini - owned by Audi - owned by VW

Porsche - Owned by VW

;)
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

lambo_lover wrote:put it this way, i as much as i love the gallardo i want a new one because i want a new design. i want them to move forward in mechanics and design. i mean if ferrari and lamborghini can do it why cant porsche? and as far as the murci and the aventador looking the same. i dont think so they look diffrent. sure they have a few design ques that they have kept on the aventador but you can tell they are two diffrent car.

a non petrol head can tell they are diffrent unlike many porsche's
I was leaning toward "similar" more than "same". Although the minor features have changed, the general body shape is the same. Look at them again; minus the bumper, lights, etc, the general shape is there.

lambo_lover wrote:im not and i dont think i ever will be. talking about ignorance, a tractor... really? i wasnt complaining about how the cars originated. i said they look similar. i tractor and a lamborghini look nothing alike. a beetle and a 911 look/styled similaurly
The tractor thing wasn't serious, I hope you know. It is meant to show that comparing the origins (since porsche's and VW are 1 origin) to the modern version is ridiculous; a modern 911 is as much a beetle as a lambo is a tractor (so in other words, not at all). If you look at the body styling they are nothing alike, not even close; a Veyron looks closer than a Porsche (unless we are saying all VW owns cars are beetle, in which case, lambos are beetles). They use independent technology as well; Porsche was independent until July 2009, and still today VW don't technically have full control yet, so no one can say they are designed the same beyond the 50's.

lambo_lover wrote:well no but if a car has circle light its rare that i like the front end.

So it is fair to say you like the top image better then? Btw, I consider these images equally different as the 2 cars in your sig.

lambo_lover wrote:although that would never happen... but going with it, i think yes i would slowly start to dislike that fact that lamborghnis are more populaur and i would try to find another car that i would rather have for my fave that wasnt so populaur. however saying that i would still like them, but i wouldnt be obsessed like i am today
So then if everyone thought like you, you would never have a favorite car make as it would be dynamically changing every 2 seconds? Rarity > Engineering/design/quality/all other factors?

lambo_lover wrote:this is what i found. i looked around to find the cheapest i could of each car perfect condition BTW lol

2004 gallardo 60,000 brand new £137,079
2004 turbo S 20,000 brand new £123,075 -- i dont know how much this car was when it came out so i used the 2013 model to determine the price

both base models....
How many lambos are in circulation?
How many Porsche's are in circulation?

It is logic / probability. Assuming a normal distribution curve of all used models over that year range (or pretty much any curve), if you have a larger selection pool, you will have a far higher chance of finding a car on the "extreme" end ranges, or in other words, the cheapest model for that pre-owned year range. Given the dramatic difference in the number of cars produced, I guarantee, if you are search for the "cheapest you can find", you will always find the "porsche" lost more value that the "lambo" by percent of original value, which is misleading.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats

Return to “The Showroom”