Aston Martin/Red Bull Valkyrie '18

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Sergiu Tudose wrote:While full technical specs will be revealed in due course, according to both Aston Martin as well as RBR, the AM-RB 001's high-revving naturally aspirated V12 is potent enough to achieve a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio, or 1 BHP per kilo of weight.

The AM-RB 001 is engineered to be perfectly usable and enjoyable on the road, but with the ability to perform like no other road car when driven on a race track. Though, future customers only interested in its racing performance will be glad to know that a track-only AM-RB 001 is also in development, projected to be as fast as a LMP1 Le Mans sports prototype.

Charged with developing the AM-RB 001 were Red Bull Racing chief technical offider Adrian Newey, Aston Martin EVP & chief creative officer Marek Reichman and David King, VP & chief special operations officer. Together they formed a formidable alliance, one that led to the AM-RB 001's truly radical aerodynamics and what they call "unprecedented levels of downforce", for a road legal car.

To start off, the AM-RB 001 is built around a lightweight carbon fiber structure, and thanks to Newey's designs, most of the downforce in generated through underfloor aerodynamics - which in turn left Reichman free to make the car look like something worthy of an Aston Martin badge.

Both its innovative suspension system and its transmission were designed by Newey and developed by Red Bull Advanced Technologies. The goal was to make the car cope with extreme aerodynamic loadings at high speeds, yet provide drivers with good on-road usability as well as comfort levels. So despite the AM-RB 001's light and compact nature, it can still comfortably house a driver, passenger and a mid-mounted V12 engine.

"I've long harbored the desire to design a road car," confessed Adrian Newey. "The formation of Red Bull Advanced Technologies brought me a step closer to realising that ambition, but I believed we should work with an automotive manufacturer. Aston Martin was at the top of my list. The synergy between Red Bull Racing and Aston Martin is clear. I knew Red Bull Racing had the ability to handle the pure performance aspects, but Aston Martin’s experience of making beautiful, fast and comfortable GT cars is of great benefit to the project. I’ve always been adamant that the AM-RB 001 should be a true road car that’s also capable of extreme performance on track, and this means it really has to be a car of two characters. That’s the secret we’re trying to put into this car - the technology that allows it to be docile and comfortable, but with immense outright capabilities."

Aston Martin president & CEO Dr Andy Palmer also broached the subject, saying that as this project "gathers pace it's clear the end result will be a truly history-making hypercar that sets incredible new benchmarks for packaging, efficiency and performance and an achievement that elevates Aston Martin to the very highest level."

Until the project is finalized, the task of engineering the AM-RB 001 will be shared between Q by Aston Martin Advanced and Red Bull Advanced Technologies, with production taking place at Aston Martin's Gaydon facility, where they used to make the One-77. In total, there will be between 99 and 150 AM-RB 001 hypercars, including all remaining prototypes and the 25 track-only versions.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Miao on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol you beat me to it, had also made a thread but deleted it again.

It is an insane monster of a car, which will make the current hypercars look slow.

Hmm what should we this type of car now? Hyper+ og Ultracar :lol:
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Lol you beat me to it, had also made a thread but deleted it again.
Please don't make thread for new cars. Can't we all just agree to leave me as the car news-teller of the forum? :think:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is a cool car, but the front view reminds me of something....

got it
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Miao wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Lol you beat me to it, had also made a thread but deleted it again.
Please don't make thread for new cars. Can't we all just agree to leave me as the car news-teller of the forum? :think:
Sure, if you make them asap, which you did in this case ;)

Lol Mad :loll:

But is this a Hyper or a Ultracar ?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Sure, if you make them asap, which you did in this case ;)
But I can't always make'em asap, and I like havin' control of the OP in threads of this type... *sigh* Image

Well, at least I'm glad I beat you to this one. I did see the title you'd have put in your thread and I'd completely disagree with its format, so perhaps you should be more glad than I am. :P

But I was serious when I asked "Can't we all just agree to leave me as the car news-teller of the forum?"

Bear304 wrote:But is this a Hyper or a Ultracar ?
Depends on what's your definition for these terms. This car is gonna have a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio, just like the Koenigsegg, so they are in the same class.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, but the Koenigsegg One:1 is the only Megacar, as it produces 1 Megawatt of power. Just insane.

I think this creation of Newey will drive circles around everything that is now available and the impact to the automotive world will only be comparable to what the McLaren F1, designed by Gordon Murray, brought as a revolution years back.

Too bad that it took over 3 decades before another F1 designer created a road going supercar. 8-)

On the other hand, maybe that is what makes them truly special.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Yes, but the Koenigsegg One:1 is the only Megacar, as it produces 1 Megawatt of power. Just insane.
I guess you are confoundin' the One:1 with the Regera right here. But you're wrong about it bein' the only "Megacar" (my definition of it bein' an electric car that is able to produce more than 1000 kW), don't you forget the Toroidion 1MW and the Rimac S. :geek:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nope. The One:1 produces exactly 1 megawatt. 1360HP. That is why Koenigsegg claimed the Megacar title for that thing.
The Regera has even more HP, but is also heavier and more comfort oriented.

The 1 HP per Kilo is also just insane. These are F1 values. But as the Newey car is lighter and produces more downforce, it will be faster than anything on the roads today.

Return to “The Showroom”