Nissan BladeGlider v2 '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
BOGDAN ZOLTAN wrote:If you were fond of Nissan’s DeltaWing race car, you should check the newly unveiled BladeGlider.

The radical vehicle is getting closer to series production, as Nissan unveils a working prototype that combines zero-emissions with high-performance in a revolutionary sports design.

The new version is an evolution of the original 2013 BladeGlider Concept, previewed at the Tokyo Motor Show the same year.

The BladeGliders are part of Nissan’s ongoing commitment to develop zero-emission vehicles and new automotive technologies, such as autonomous drive systems and connectivity, as Carlos Ghosn, president and CEO of Nissan said:

"These prototypes epitomize Nissan's drive to expand its Intelligent Mobility philosophy, where driving pleasure combines with environmental responsibility. Nissan believes that enthusiasts should look forward to a zero emission future and Nissan BladeGlider is a perfect demonstration of that. It's the electric vehicle for car lovers."

Nissan’ engineers have worked for two years, refining the vehicle’s design and engineering, evolving it into an advanced, agile, and efficient EV. A car that would “glide”, thanks to its near-silent performance of its electric powertrain and aerodynamic shape, as Nissan puts it.

The demo models feature an advanced chassis configuration with a narrow front track and wider rear track for optimum aerodynamic efficiency, handling, and stability. Only the rear wheels are responsible for putting the BladeGlider’s power on the asphalt, and each one has its own 130 kW motor.

Supplying the juice is a high-performance, five-module lithium-ion 220kW battery pack with bespoke cooling, while a torque vectoring system keeps an eye on the car’s handling and corrects any form of unwanted oversteer. The latter was designed to improve the driving experience rather than govern it, even featuring three settings: off, agile and drift mode”.

Total system output is 268 hp and 707 Nm (521 lb-ft) of torque, but since we’re talking about an electric car that weighs 1,300 kg (2,866 lbs), the acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) happens in less than five seconds.

Nissan wanted the BladeGlider’s cabin to reflect its sporty intentions, that’s why it comes with a motorsport-inspired steering wheel, four-point safety harnesses, and grippy seats.

Two Nissan BladeGliders will be presented in Rio de Janeiro in August; one will be on static display in Rio while the second will be offering dynamic rides to media and VIPs.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

That's a better execution of a DeltaWing road car than Panoz's in spite of both of them not being that pretty.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is a bit strange concept. 3 seats is a cool feature. But it does not come completely out of the blue. A while back they had a LM concept that also had an arrow shape.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:It is a bit strange concept. 3 seats is a cool feature. But it does not come completely out of the blue. A while back they had a LM concept that also had an arrow shape.

Except that that LM is not really from them, it was designed by Ben Bowlby and built by All American Racers. Nissan only provided the engine in return for naming rights for part of 2012.

In 2013 the Nissan decals were already gone.
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

I think the DeltaWing style of car will really only look good in a race car, no one has manage to make a good design out of it for a road car IMO.

And I think I have seen those tail lights in some other car from another manufacturer but I can't really remember which.
RUF is better than Porsche!

TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Viktor Karpenko wrote:I think the DeltaWing style of car will really only look good in a race car, no one has manage to make a good design out of it for a road car IMO.
I think that if Nissan just converted their Zeod RC into a road car it would look pretty good.

That will most likely not happen though...

Return to “The Showroom”