Karma Revero '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A resurrection of the Fisker Karma. Now coming form a Chinese manufacturer, Karma Automotive, with solar panels in the roof and revised charging system.

Karma Revero

http://www.karmaautomotive.com/

ImageImage
BRAD ANDERSON wrote:The Karma Revero has been officially unveiled in the U.S., bringing to an end the will-it-won't-it-relaunch drama which has been ongoing since the original Fisker Karma died in 2013.

Beyond a new name, the updated model has been brought to life courtesy of Chinese company Wanxiang. While the design of the car remains essentially identical to the Karma which came before it, the Revero does utilize a handful of new technologies in the firm's hopes to make it a convincing prospect to environmentally-conscious consumers.

Beneath the skin is a turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivering 260 hp and sourced from General Motors, just like the original Fisker Karma. However, the Revero now includes an on-board charger that is 6.6 kW in capacity, double to that of the old car. Additionally, capacity of the battery has risen from 20.4 kWh to 21.4 kWh, enough to provide the hybrid with an electric-only rage of about 50 miles.

The Revero also now uses a more advanced solar roof which depending on weather conditions, can provide the car with up to 1.5 miles of electric range per day. While that doesn't sound like much, it's the first time a solar roof has been used to charge a production vehicle's battery, rather than solely providing energy to in-car accessories.

Perhaps the biggest update is the implementation of a brand new infotainment system. With a new touchscreen and high-definition cluster, Karma says that the system runs at 60 frames per second and in the near future, will support both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Furthermore, over-the-air updates is available as is a dedicated 4G connection and a navigation system with live traffic updates.

In terms of exterior styling, the Revero can't be differentiated from the Karma but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The front-end is still dominated by a split grille with chrome accents and a shapely bumper with diamond-shaped air intakes. Elsewhere are a host of familiar body panels that combine to make the car as eye-catching as it was back in 2011.

U.S. pricing for the Revero starts at $130,000, a jump of $27,000 over the model's original price tag.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:SNIP
Can you please let me be the OP of this thread so I can edit it and change its title for it to be properly indexed in the forum?

Ciprian Florea wrote:Karma Automotive, previously known as Fisker Automotive, unveiled the preliminary details about the Revero, essentially an updated version of the hybrid sedan that Fisker built between 2011 to 2012. The exact details for the four-door are still under wraps for the most part, but the California-based company release a few pictures of the car, as well as a bit of information about the drivetrain.

But, before we dive into that, let’s have a quick look at the history of this hybrid sedan that is about to return to the market after nearly four years.

Launched as the Karma in 2011, it was built by Fisker Automotive and designed by the company’s founder, Henrik Fisker, the same man who penned the BMW Z8 and the Aston Martin DB9. Power was provided by two electric motors, while a turbocharged, 2.0-liter four-cylinder acted as a range extender.

Production was suspended in November 2012 due to financial difficulties after sales of around 1,800 units in North America and Europe. Fisker Automotive filed for bankruptcy in November 2013, after the United States Department of Energy auctioned its debt and sold it to Hybrid Technology LLC for US$25 million. Later on, Fisker’s assets were sold to Chinese company Wanxiang, which announced plans to relaunch the Karma back in April 2015.

Meanwhile, the Fisker Karma was used as a starting point for the Destino, a V-8-powered sedan built by VLF Automotive. The company was founded by Bob Lutz and Gilbert Villarreal as VL Automotive and renamed when Henrik Fisker himself joined the automaker.

The new Karma Revero is set to be unveiled on September 8, 2016, and sold for the 2017 model year. The company says that existing Fisker Karma Fisker Karma owners will gain exclusive access to a website that gives them the ability to reserve a Revero before the general public.

Exterior

Styling-wise, the Revero is pretty much identical to the Fisker Karma. This isn’t surprising though, and definitely not a bad thing. Fisker Fisker ’s design was not only revolutionary for its era, but also stunning to look at. Often labeled as one of the most beautiful modern automotive designs, the Karma lives on almost unchanged. It’s probably the main reason why Wanxiang made so many efforts to relaunch the car.

But while the body panels and construction remained the same, certain new features can be spotted upon closer inspection. First, the front grille dropped the vertical slats in favor of a honeycomb mesh. Second, the Fisker logos were replaced with new emblems featuring bright blue and yellow colors in a chrome ring. The badges are hand-painted and Karma claims that "no other car company has ever done this."

The Revero also retains the Karma’s solar roof, which has been upgraded for increased efficiency. More on that in the drivetrain section below.

Interior

Karma had nothing to say about the car’s interior, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that the cabin carries over unchanged. Not that it would be a bad thing, but I’m thinking Karma Karma will at least offer a few new upholstery options. The overall design of the original car was pretty simple, yet modern, blending fine leather with subtle aluminum and chrome inserts, and even wood trim atop the center console and in the door panels. The sedan’s two-tone upholstery was especially attractive and hopefully Karma will continue to offer that.

One important change was made in the technology department, in the form of a new infotainment system. Karma didn’t have much to say about it, but mentioned that the new system "represents a departure from the norm. It is simple, intuitive, and beautiful. If you like a 200 page supplement to the owner’s manual to describe your infotainment system, look elsewhere." It doesn’t sound bad at all.

Drivetrain

Based on the specs Karma has released so far, not much has changed in the drivetrain department. The company quotes a 20 mpg rating when using the gasoline engine, 52 mpge economy overall, a 5.5-second 0-to-60-mph sprint, and a 125-mph top speed, meaning it’s powered by the same twin-electric motor and 2.0-liter Ecotec engine sourced from General Motors. However, Karma says the Revero will have a 50-mile range in electric mode, which is an 18-mile improvement over the Fisker Karma Fisker Karma . This could mean new battery technology, but it could also have something to with the upgraded solar roof. The company also claims that the solar roof "will create enough energy to power the car," but further information is not yet available.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The car is called Karma Revero. 8-)

And i can not make you OP. But you can add more of the details, if you like.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:The car is called Karma Revero. 8-)
Image, I already know about this, but you're still missin' a year in the title, which is '16.
MadManCK wrote:And i can not make you OP.
Why not? Or, perhaps, a better question, why did you insist in makin' a new car thread when you knew I'd eventually make it?

Can you just cooperate with me, please, and delete this whole thread then, so that I can create the true thread for the Karma Revero? Not every information about the Revero has been released yet, there is more to come and when the time comes I'd like to have access to the OP so that I can update the information without havin' to wait for someone else. Y'know "Waiting is wasting".
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

As stated above, you can use the second post to add te details of this car.

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:As stated above, you can use the second post to add te details of this car.
But I want all the details in the first post, the first post is the mostest important one, it's where all the information and detail about the car should go, can't you comprehend it? Image

Of course I could just ask you now to delete the contents of your OP (minus the videos) and put the followin' in it:

Code: Select all

[img]https://imgserv7.tcdn.nl/v1/3aYTdbn8VIr7Wxw4Ibi_vrkQPFw=/http://autovisie.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/karma-revero-1-1024x682.jpg[/img]

[quote="Ciprian Florea"]Karma Automotive, previously known as Fisker Automotive, unveiled the preliminary details about the Revero, essentially an updated version of the hybrid sedan that Fisker built between 2011 to 2012. The exact details for the four-door are still under wraps for the most part, but the California-based company release a few pictures of the car, as well as a bit of information about the drivetrain.

But, before we dive into that, let’s have a quick look at the history of this hybrid sedan that is about to return to the market after nearly four years.

Launched as the Karma in 2011, it was built by Fisker Automotive and designed by the company’s founder, Henrik Fisker, the same man who penned the BMW Z8 and the Aston Martin DB9. Power was provided by two electric motors, while a turbocharged, 2.0-liter four-cylinder acted as a range extender.

Production was suspended in November 2012 due to financial difficulties after sales of around 1,800 units in North America and Europe. Fisker Automotive filed for bankruptcy in November 2013, after the United States Department of Energy auctioned its debt and sold it to Hybrid Technology LLC for US$25 million. Later on, Fisker’s assets were sold to Chinese company Wanxiang, which announced plans to relaunch the Karma back in April 2015.

Meanwhile, the Fisker Karma was used as a starting point for the Destino, a V-8-powered sedan built by VLF Automotive. The company was founded by Bob Lutz and Gilbert Villarreal as VL Automotive and renamed when Henrik Fisker himself joined the automaker.

The new Karma Revero is set to be unveiled on September 8, 2016, and sold for the 2017 model year. The company says that existing Fisker Karma Fisker Karma owners will gain exclusive access to a website that gives them the ability to reserve a Revero before the general public.

[b]Exterior[/b]

Styling-wise, the Revero is pretty much identical to the Fisker Karma. This isn’t surprising though, and definitely not a bad thing. Fisker Fisker ’s design was not only revolutionary for its era, but also stunning to look at. Often labeled as one of the most beautiful modern automotive designs, the Karma lives on almost unchanged. It’s probably the main reason why Wanxiang made so many efforts to relaunch the car.

But while the body panels and construction remained the same, certain new features can be spotted upon closer inspection. First, the front grille dropped the vertical slats in favor of a honeycomb mesh. Second, the Fisker logos were replaced with new emblems featuring bright blue and yellow colors in a chrome ring. The badges are hand-painted and Karma claims that "no other car company has ever done this."

The Revero also retains the Karma’s solar roof, which has been upgraded for increased efficiency. More on that in the drivetrain section below.

[b]Interior[/b]

Karma had nothing to say about the car’s interior, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that the cabin carries over unchanged. Not that it would be a bad thing, but I’m thinking Karma Karma will at least offer a few new upholstery options. The overall design of the original car was pretty simple, yet modern, blending fine leather with subtle aluminum and chrome inserts, and even wood trim atop the center console and in the door panels. The sedan’s two-tone upholstery was especially attractive and hopefully Karma will continue to offer that.

One important change was made in the technology department, in the form of a new infotainment system. Karma didn’t have much to say about it, but mentioned that the new system "represents a departure from the norm. It is simple, intuitive, and beautiful. If you like a 200 page supplement to the owner’s manual to describe your infotainment system, look elsewhere." It doesn’t sound bad at all.

[b]Drivetrain[/b]

Based on the specs Karma has released so far, not much has changed in the drivetrain department. The company quotes a 20 mpg rating when using the gasoline engine, 52 mpge economy overall, a 5.5-second 0-to-60-mph sprint, and a 125-mph top speed, meaning it’s powered by the same twin-electric motor and 2.0-liter Ecotec engine sourced from General Motors. However, Karma says the Revero will have a 50-mile range in electric mode, which is an 18-mile improvement over the Fisker Karma Fisker Karma . This could mean new battery technology, but it could also have something to with the upgraded solar roof. The company also claims that the solar roof "will create enough energy to power the car," but further information is not yet available.[/quote]
But I would have to do this every freakin' time new info about the car surges, and that's boring.

At least thank you for puttin' the year in the title.
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

It doesn't look any different from the original Fisker Karma. I'm quite disappointed by this even though the new technologies rocks. :(
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The funny thing about the Fisker Karma, is that it was a huge success in The Netherlands. There are at least 3 driving around in my neighborhood and the local government provides charging poles.
Also one of the reasons why Tesla has built a factory in my Country.

But there were a lot of issues with the Karma. If they succeeded in fixing those, than it can still be a winner. But full electric might be the way to go. Even if a range extender is more practical.

I don't mind that the original Fisker design is used. It rocks. There are enough boring electrical models driving around.

Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

Am i the only one who thinks of a face with a mustache when seeing this car from the front angle? :loll:
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Mauricio_Zika wrote:Am i the only one who thinks of a face with a mustache when seeing this car from the front angle? :loll:
No, you're not. Especially with a black grille it looks like a Latino Dandy. :mrgreen:
Maybe it needs hydrolics as well :think:

Return to “The Showroom”