Ken Okuyama Design Kode57 Enji '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
STEVEN EWING wrote:You might not immediately recognize the name Ken Okuyama, but I guarantee you’re familiar with his work. The Japanese designer helped pen such icons as the Ferrari Enzo, and was responsible for gorgeous cars like the Maserati Quattoporte and Ferrari P4/5. In other words, the guy knows what he’s doing.

Now running his own design firm, Okuyama brings us this, the Kode57 Enji, which debuts at this year’s Quail Motorsports Gathering. It’s a lightweight, open-top supercar concept, though the designer says he’d eventually like to do a small production run of the very stunning roadster.

It’s powered by a 6.0-liter V12, said to produce 611 horsepower and 448 pound-feet of torque, mated to a six-speed semi-automatic transmission. The accompanying spec sheet lists a Novitec tune for the engine, as well, upping output to 692 hp and 473 lb-ft. Hot damn.

And holy crap is this thing unique. It’s certainly its own bold statement, and I love specific elements like the floating taillamp rings. Staggered 21-inch front and 22-inch rear wheels round out the corners, and thanks to carbon fiber body panels, the whole thing only weighs about 3,600 pounds.

Will it ever actually see the light of day? I won’t hold my breath. But it’s still quite a sight to behold, even if I’ll only ever see it on display in Monterey.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Chủ
Rookie
Rookie

Probably one of the coolest cars I'll ever know about. Too bad it's highly unlikely this will become a production model or even be featured in a video game.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It could easily have an Italian badge :D
Chủ wrote:Probably one of the coolest cars I'll ever know about. Too bad it's highly unlikely this will become a production model or even be featured in a video game.
Maybe there will be a small number of cars actually produced. Highly impractical with no roof, but who cares? :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:It could easily have an Italian badge :D
Well, it was the designed by the same person who designed the Ferrari Enzo. :geek:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, he worked for Pininfarina, not a bad place for a designer to be 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Chủ wrote:Probably one of the coolest cars I'll ever know about. Too bad it's highly unlikely this will become a production model or even be featured in a video game.
Apparently there will be five examples of this car built. Hopefully, at least one of them won't become a museum piece and will actually be driven.
ANTHONY KARR wrote:Only five examples will be built.

Former professional boxer and current boxing promoter Floyd Mayweather is the first customer for the Kode57 Enji supercar that was revealed over the weekend at the Quail Motorsports Gathering.

Known for his love of all things expensive, Mayweather will spend $2.5 million to own the exotic roadster that was designed by Ken Okuyama, the designer responsible for the Ferrari Enzo and Maserati Quattoporte.

Obi Okeke from DoctorBugatti.com and Liquidtorque.com, who is also Mayweather’s personal supercar dealer, confirmed the acquisition to TMZ.

“This is a car Floyd has been highly interested in and psyched about getting. I have been working on this project for six years and Floyd has been my main target in getting this car... so he is pretty excited in finally seeing it and getting it.”

Okeke also announced only five examples of the striking roadster will be produced, but we will have to wait for official information from the company to confirm this.

“I am the only representative in North and South America to sell this car,” he declared.

The open-top supercar mixes modernistic design lines with a classic 6.0-liter V12 motor that produces 611 horsepower (449 kilowatts) and 448 pound-feet (607 Newton meters) of torque. This unit is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Return to “The Showroom”