Roborace DevBot '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
BRAD ANDERSON wrote:The 'DevBot' developed by Roborace to test its upcoming autonomous racing car is set to make its public testing debut at Donington Park during this week's Formula E tests.

The test mule differs from the radical Robocars as it takes the shape of a more traditional endurance prototype and therefore includes a cabin capable of supporting a driver. It's been created in under nine months and is capable of driving itself without any human intervention and therefore allows teams to learn from it.

Underpinning the DevBot are the same selection of sensors, communication systems, computers and drivetrain as what will control and power the Robocars.

In the coming six months, registered teams for the Roborace series will be able to experience the DevBot before the world's first all-autonomous racing series kicks off early next year.

As previously reported, the championship will act as the supporting series for Formula E and promises to be unlike any other form of motorsport before it. To say we're intrigued would be an understatement.

ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

"All-autonomous racing series"
I really hope this series dies after the first few races. As a huge motorsport enthusiast, I will never support this, and I know a lot of other people would agree. It's not even racing anymore. :x

Now that I got that out of the way, the technology involved here is pretty amazing. Not for the sake of competition, but for practical, daily use, it looks good. I wish the company the best, but just not in motorsport.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Great from a technological perspective, a disaster from a sporting one. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Looks like I'm the only one in here who has actually nothing against this type of racing and is interested on how it will end up happening. :|
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Warachia wrote:Looks like I'm the only one in here who has actually nothing against this type of racing and is interested on how it will end up happening. :|
Just imagine 2 robots playing ping-pong...until their batteries die. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!

Return to “The Showroom”