Saleen S7 LM '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

CARSCOOPS wrote:Remember the Saleen S7? How could you not: it was one of the greatest supercars America has ever made. And now it's coming back.

Principally known for tuning Mustangs (among others), Saleen launched its own supercar at the turn of the millennium. Capable of taking on the best that Europe has to offer, the mid-engined exotic was powered by a 7.0-liter V8 and famously produced enough downforce to (theoretically) allow it to drive upside down on the roof of a tunnel at 160 miles per hour.

In naturally aspirated form and with 550 horsepower on tap, it could hit 60 in 3.3 seconds and top out at 220 mph. An even more powerful twin-turbo version followed with 750 hp that could, according to the manufacturer, reach 248 mph, passing 60 along the way in 2.8 seconds and covering the quarter-mile in 10.5 seconds.

All good things come to an end, however, and Saleen stopped making the S7 in 2009. Plans for a followup called the S5S Raptor never reached the production phase, but now the company – which had since split and remerged – is bringing the S7 out of retirement, albeit in very limited quantities.

Dubbed the S7 LM, the new version is slated to pack that same 7.0-liter twin-turbo V8. But this time it projected to produce 1,000 hp, or nearly twice the original's output. Only seven examples will be made in honor of Saleen's seven-year winning streak in a variety of racing series that started in 1996 – now 20 years ago. Seems to us like as good a way to celebrate as any we've ever seen, and we're looking forward to seeing it materialize.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

1000 hp? Didn't the S7 Competition road car had that same amount?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It looks like Steve Saleen has played too much TDU. :D
1000HP and the fastest car (tuned) in that game. But 1000HP is also a symbolic number now. Just brutal.

Good to see them back on the road. They even make Teslas look better ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Will it still be manual gearbox or are they swapping in a auto dual-clutch this time ?

I too remember the Saleen S7 well, it was so cool looking when it came out back then 8-)
Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

i wonder how they have any money for this.
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Mauricio_Zika wrote:i wonder how they have any money for this.
It is an upgrade of an existing model. Not a completely new design.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote:
Mauricio_Zika wrote:i wonder how they have any money for this.
It is an upgrade of an existing model. Not a completely new design.
so what? your post answer nothing about how Saleen have any money for this.
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote:1000 hp? Didn't the S7 Competition road car had that same amount?
Yep. But it also came with a nice red colour, black rims and a cool rear wing. :P
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!

Return to “The Showroom”