Prototypes and Test Mules

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Franco Sbarro is makin' a new V8 hot rod for the next Geneva Motor Show. Image

Sorry for the low quality picture.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Huayra Roadster leaked in new image.

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Teaser of the upcoming Mercedes-AMG F1 powered hypercar. :mrgreen:

BRAD ANDERSON wrote:Mercedes-Benz has used CES 2017 as the place to reveal a second teaser image of its upcoming F1-powered hybrid hypercar.

Snapped here by GTspirit during a presentation, the image shows the rear-end of the car and its aerodynamic body.

Among the most obvious elements is the large roof scoop, a Le Mans-style central fin running the length of the hypercar as well as two massive NACA-ducts to feed cool air into the engine bay. The prominent rear haunches also catch the eye.

Power for the Mercedes-AMG hypercar will come directly from the brand’s championship winning Formula One car. This means the model will feature a high-revving 1.6-liter turbocharged V6 engine mated to a hybrid and energy recovery system. Although the internal combustion won’t rev as fast as the F1 car, it will still spin at over 10,000 rpm. All up, around 1,000 hp is being targeted.

Between 200 and 300 examples are bound for the production line.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

BMW i8 Spyder is happenin'.

ImageImage

The i8 would've been one of the few BMW's I like if it had fully kept its concept's design... Sadly, it didn't. :|
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Miao wrote:The i8 would've been one of the few BMW's I like if it had fully kept its concept's design... Sadly, it didn't. :|
The glass doors version ?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:
Miao wrote:The i8 would've been one of the few BMW's I like if it had fully kept its concept's design... Sadly, it didn't. :|
The glass doors version ?
Yep, but it's not because of the doors. It's because of something else... :loll:

Concept:

Production car:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

LOL that is just crazy :lol:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Alpine A120 prototypes on a night cruise in Paris.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Miao wrote:Franco Sbarro is makin' a new V8 hot rod for the next Geneva Motor Show. Image

Sorry for the low quality picture.

CARSCOOPS wrote:Concept cars give us an idea of where the world's automakers see themselves heading. But for a longer view into the future of the industry, you want to keep an eye on what today's design students are up to. Like the students at the Ecole Espera Sbarro.

Studying at the feet of enigmatic designer Franco Sbarro, the next wave of design students coming out of the school in Montbéliard, France, always have something unusual in the works. And they certainly won't disappoint at this year's Geneva Motor Show.

This year's project is dubbed the Mojave (ostensibly after the southwestern American desert). And we're not quite sure what to make of this solitary teaser rendering. If that upright tube at the top is supposed to be the cockpit, it doesn't seem terribly accommodating, and apparently lacks any side windows – which are kind of important for driving.

We might think this was some sort of autonomous vehicle if not for the basic specs released on the Geneva show website. The concept is said to be powered by a 4.0-liter gasoline engine (does that say V8 on the side?) sending 296 horsepower to the rear wheels through a five-speed manual transmission.

Color us intrigued, but we'll have to wait just a little while longer to find out more.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Return to “The Showroom”