Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

[youtube]cgMifT1HHgI[/youtube]

Exige on steroids performs well :ugeek:

:occasion-snowman:
:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

This car has a bad rap with me, but it isn't the cars fault surprisingly.

This seems to be the only car out there, where a company can make a bs claim about "my car goes this fast", provide zero proof to back it up (just a theoretical claim), and everyone believes them and marks their numbers in the record book. I mean, at least most aren't claiming the "SSC Tuatera is new fastest car in world not Veyron SS anymore"... but everyone just buys into this car. So many record books even list it in there... which surprises me even further...

Aside from the bad rap tho, I have to find the article again, but I read all it is, is a lotus with a huge engine swap.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This was an official Guinness Book of Records run, attended by an official. It was measured in both directions. They broke the 0-300 kph mark and took the crown from the Koenigsegg Agera-R.

And it is indeed an Exige on steroids, but besides the base cabin it has nothing in common with the original Lotus.

It is pretty cool to see a few manufacturers take on the consortium based Veyron supercar. SCC was fastest with their previous supercar, so the claims for the Tuatara will probably not be far off the real deal. There are a lot of other fabricators with insane claims, but some of them actually deliver.

Now bring them all to TDU2, lol :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:This was an official Guinness Book of Records run, attended by an official. It was measured in both directions. They broke the 0-300 kph mark and took the crown from the Koenigsegg Agera-R.
Sorry I should have clarified; was referring to the "260mph top speed" (that seems to be listed everywhere all over the internet... when it hasn't even gotten much past 200mph).
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Top Speed still has to be proven. They even claim close to 270mph.
While the Agera R and Veyron SS are pretty stable at high speeds, i wonder if this car can match that. Looks a bit nervous to me. It will be tricky to get that thing up to those insane speeds IMO. But we shall see. It does have enough horsepower to do it.

eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Top Speed still has to be proven. They even claim close to 270mph.
While the Agera R and Veyron SS are pretty stable at high speeds, i wonder if this car can match that. Looks a bit nervous to me. It will be tricky to get that thing up to those insane speeds IMO. But we shall see. It does have enough horsepower to do it.
Exactly, but that is my point. Any company can claim a speed, but they have to prove it. There are a lot of cars (like that new SSC) that have their "claim" (with no proof), and therefore, aren't recognized in any record books. However, if you look anywhere on the internet, it seems that all sources say that the Venom GT was officially clocked at that speed (260), as it is listed.

There is no doubt the car is insane with its acceleration and power (and it better be, given its insane HP), but as i'm sure you know, there is much more to it than HP. Who's to say that the car isn't aerodynamically stable at higher speeds, or if even the tires are rated for anything beyond 220mph? Usually when a company releases a car with a claimed figure, they prove it; unless, they are hiding something and/or don't have faith that they can do it.
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Top Speed still has to be proven. They even claim close to 270mph.
If it drives anything like it does in Forza, then it's ridiculously unstable at high speeds...it's a deadly combination -_-

I wish these silly American companies would stop trying to out-do the Germans...it just can't be done! :geek:
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Gatorbait771 wrote:I wish these silly American companies would stop trying to out-do the Germans...it just can't be done! :geek:
+
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Indeed look at that speed and keep in mind what a difficult birth the Veyron has had ... Do you really want as a customer take that to his topspeed?
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Would you rather test the Hennessy claim of taking the Venom GT to near 270mph (if it will even do that), or test the Gumpert claim of safely driving on the roof of a tunnel upside-down at 190mph+ ?

Return to “The Showroom”