Sbarro Haze '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Sbarro Haze '16.jpg
Emmanuel Genty wrote:Students at the 2015-2016 school of Espera Sbarro de Montbéliard presented at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show their new concept, a sporting prototype of endurance called Haze and intended to evolve. It will progress over the years.

It took only 68 days for the 28 apprentices to mount it from scratch. The timing was right: the prototype was completed only five days before the show!

Unlike in other years, this concept is meant to evolve. It will progress over the years and promotions, as well in terms of design as aerodynamics or power. For now, it boasts 300 horsepower, drawn from a 5-cylinder 2.2 turbocharged Audi that was satisfied with 230 hp under the hood of the first-generation S4 in which it was recovered.

Thought for endurance or even LMP homologation, the Haze concept is based on a multi-tubular steel chassis and sends its power to the rear wheels via a five-speed manual transmission. The bodywork made of composite materials makes it possible to limit the weight to 900 kilos only.

It was the students who designed, shaped and assembled the car, creating the body parts and chassis, as well as the seats and the steering wheel. They went through suppliers for brakes, suspensions and rims, for example. The objective is now to run this Haze concept on circuit, where it could reach a maximum speed estimated at 280 km/h. A commitment in competition? It is more a sweet dream that seems hardly accessible today. But after all, why not ... In the meantime, we are already curious to know what evolutions will be brought to him in the years to come.
Sbarro Haze '16 rear.jpg
Sbarro Haze.jpg
Sbarro Haze 2016.jpg
Sbarro Haze '16 taillights.jpg
Sbarro Haze '16 interior.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Finally I was able to get this one out. The car was presented to the public way back in March but it was only a month ago I found out about it when I wondered why we didn't see a new Sbarro concept in this year's Geneva Motor Show.

I really freakin' hate how the media coverage about Sbarro is poor, last year (2015) we had 3 new Sbarro's but only one of them got the attention of the article writers that use English and I had to drop the other two, they all looked interestin' just look at this one, for instance:

Anyway, thanks again Bear304, for lettin' me know that Google Translator's French to English is decent now. :D

This might remain as just a dream, but I wish the Haze concept car eventually led to Sbarro joinin' the 24 Hours du Mans race. :)
Last edited by Miao on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm surprised this one doesn't have a big V12 like some other Sbarro cars do.
RUF is better than Porsche!

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:I'm surprised this one doesn't have a big V12 like some other Sbarro cars do.
If this is correct:
Emmanuel Genty wrote:Unlike in other years, this concept is meant to evolve. It will progress over the years and promotions, as well in terms of design as aerodynamics or power.
In the future the car could sport a different engine. :mrgreen:
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cool car.

It will be interesting if they will really keep updating it and making it better over the years.

Return to “The Showroom”