Le Mans 2017

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice impression from the Aston Martin LM Team from a spectator's point of view

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Where do I watch the full race replay? I tried YouTube, can't seem to find the full race coverage, only onboard footage which I'm not interested in.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For Race Videos of the FIAWEC, you can check their official channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwU7U7 ... LjDJTnANjw

Highlights of the LM24

https://www.youtube.com/user/acolemans
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

More bad news for the LMP1 Class.

Porsche will leave Le Mans and commit to Formula-E racing.

IMO with Porsche leaving, the LMP1 is dead.
Maybe that is a good thing as the LMP2 is much more exciting to watch, with an epic battle for the win this year.

I also expect Porsche as an engine supplier on the F1 grid, but that has not been confirmed.
And with the insane budget, needed to develop LMP1 cars, not many manufacturers will enter.
Porsche clearly wants to use that development money more clever.

In addition, they have won everything at Le Mans and have nothing to prove anymore there. They need a new challenge.

IMO Formula-E will only be interesting if they ditch the car swap pit stop and start to use bigger (slick) tires.
The races are very competitive though and bring action close to the people. From a marketing perspective it is an interesting series.

Will LMP1 be replaced by a completely electrical Le Mans class in the near future? Who knows. Developing a quick battery pack swap system should not be too hard to do....

:twocents-02cents:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I would rather see them expand the GT class, as the GT3 car racing in Blancpain is much more interesting than VEC spec card ever was, they should give LMP2 more power and make GT3 and VEC gt3 spec be the same regulations as more brands like BMW, Bentley, McLaren, audi and lambo fight it out in an awesome race series that is is much more exciting than the current F1 bullshit.

Return to “The Showroom”