Saleen S1 '18

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
MICHAEL GAUTHIER wrote:Set to be launched next summer, the S1 features a stylish carbon fiber body that is bound to draw attention. The front of the car is dominated by a protruding nose which is flanked by large air intakes and distinctive LED headlights. The model also features a ventilated hood, a rakish windscreen, and a double bubble roof.

The unique styling continues at the rear as the S1 has a prominent spoiler and a stylish LED brake light strip. Both components reside above a center-mounted dual exhaust system and an aggressive diffuser.

Saleen only released a few photos of the interior but we can see the cabin will have two-tone upholstery and a three-spoke steering wheel. Other highlights include a digital instrument cluster and an infotainment system.

Power is provided by a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 450 hp (336 kW) and 350 lb-ft (474 Nm) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed manual transmission which enables the 2,685 lbs (1,218 kg) coupe to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds before hitting a top speed of 180 mph (289 km/h).

The Saleen S1 will be priced from $100,000 and the company is currently accepting for orders with a $1,000 deposit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Talking about downsizing :eeek:

This is a totally different animal from what we have ssen from Saleen in the past. The 1.000HP S7 as the pinnacle of the brand.
Recently they did tuning on Tesla's and Ford.

This small sportscar could have easily come from Europe. It reminds me of a small sportscar from Germany. The Artega.

I think there is a market for smaller, smarter sportscars and the price seems to be right.
The horspower race has gone berserk with undriveable monsters with unreachable pricetags.

Building a sportscar that can compete with Porsche 718 (Cayman), Alfa 4C and Lotus but with some American flair can fill a niche in the market.

I like the design and the idea. :party:

PS only thing missing is a hybrid powertrain. Maybe too heavy or complex for the pricetag? Honda can do it.... And he has the Tesla connection. Or this is just a cool drivers car without electrical hanky panky. Leave that for the future, when gasoline will be banned.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Showroom”