MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Cain wrote:I think I know what car is going to be the 1000th
Maybe the Fiat 500 Steyr Puch? :think:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

My speculation is that it's going to be the Fiat Multipla. :loll:
RUF is better than Porsche!

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Sbarro Astro '92
Sbarro Astro '92.jpg
1992 was an important year for Franco Sbarro. It was the year he opened his first design school, Espace Sbarro, at Grandson in Switzerland. It was such a special event that he decided not to participate in the Geneva Motor Show because he did not have the time to create a new model. However, contrary to expectations there was a new Sbarro at the march 1992 show: the Astro.

The story of how this car was born is worth telling. In 1991, Frank Verkhauser, a Zurich ophthalmologist, contacted Sbarro hoping to commission him to build his dream car. Sbarro refused because he was completely taken up with creating the school but he agreed to meet with Mr Verkhauser. It was a decisive encounter: faced with a sick man the warm-hearted Swiss craftsman changed his mind. Mr Verkhauser had cancer and was exhausted by chemotherapy and was looking for a project with which he could be actively engaged. He wanted to have built a unique car powered by a Ferrari engine, aggressively styled and with cutting-edge electronics.

On the outside the car is characterised by a plunging, wavy line from a massive rear topped with a substantial aerofoil to very sharp front, typical of certain Sbarros e.g. the Ionos. This bulky rear section, especially in profile, is a great benefit when one realises the size of the rear alloys: an unprecedented 19 inches. The reason for the convoluted lines is that Frank Verkhauser wished to have three seats and plenty of room for luggage: there are boots back and front. The huge lateral air scoops provide cool fresh air to the engine. Notice the two micro-headlights unusually positioned just forward of the windscreen.

The inside is wonderfully bright mainly because of the sunshine roof and the light coloured leather trim. Note that Sbarro, in contrast to some constructors, has left the top of the dashboard dark so as to prevent annoying reflections in the windscreen. Mr Verkhauser, a fan of electronics, had a TSO satellite navigation installed: the type that is approved for instrument flight by the American Federal Aviation Authority. This is integrated into the central console with a Sony display unit, a video recorder, a retractable keyboard and a telephone. There is also a hi-fi system with CD player, the top of the range for this era.

In comparison to all the electronic extravagance, the engine seems quite ordinary. Even so, it is taken from a Ferrari 308 GTS and this V8 motor develops 275 HP. Curiously the engine uses carburettors rather than fuel injection which was available. The rest of the Astro is classic sports car: rear wheel drive, manual five-speed gearbox, disc brakes all round but no ABS.

Even though the Astro is on exhibit at the Centre Espera, the owner drove it for many trouble-free miles proving that Sbarro can make a reliable as well as unique car. Perhaps it is not the most spectacular or the most well-known Sbarro but it certainly has a beautiful history: sometimes generosity and a big heart is more important and inspiring than technical wizardry.

Specs:
Sbarro Astro '92.png
Sbarro Astro '92.png (5.27 KiB) Viewed 6496 times
Sbarro Astro '92 rear.jpg
Sbarro Astro '92 interior.jpg
Last edited by Miao on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Waiting for the 1000th car... *chewing my nails* :shock:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Good to see you like Franco Sbarro. Glad i put you on his track. It is a brand that you rarely or never see in games and not many people have heard of him at all. And he is a creative genius who makes stunning looking cars.
Nice choice :2thumbsup:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Daihatsu Midget II '96

The Daihatsu Midget is a single-seat mini-truck made by Japanese automaker Daihatsu. Several distinct vehicles have borne the Midget name over the years, but all have had in common a single-seat utilitarian design, with an enclosed or semi-enclosed cab.

From 1996 to 2001, Daihatsu manufactured a four-wheeled kei Midget with four-wheel drive or air conditioning as options. As Kei cars, they were equipped with 660 cc engines.

The Midget II was introduced as a concept at the 1993 Tokyo Motor Show. There are 2 types of engine available, differentiated by the injection type, one being electronic. Both are identical in width and height, but the EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) version is shorter by 75mm. They are available in one seater or 2 seater, with automatic and manual transmissions available. This midget is semi unusual as the spare tire is on the front, a popular thing to do to Volkswagen Type 2s'.

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Are you F###ing kidding me!? All of my expectations were crushed. :cry:
RUF is better than Porsche!

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Anticlimax :shock:

Dont want that in a game, lol :lol:

Aaeroniro
Rookie
Rookie

Fools! look at the bottom of the OP again... :ugeek:
Officially unregistered.
Cain
Mechanic
Mechanic

Aaeroniro wrote:Fools! look at the bottom of the OP again... :ugeek:
I was prepared to use this reaction: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img811/3819/mpae.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your post made me reconsider it.
PSN: Cain211-RO

Return to “The Showroom”