The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I don't think this is on there yet, but I would love to see this street legal Ford EcoBoost Formula Ford

XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I did not forget about your cars sw3gameboy. ;)

Changelog:

-Buick Streamliner '48
-Ford EcoBoost Formula Ford
-Saab 92001 '48
-Saab 900 Turbo 16 Aero Convertible '85
-Saab 9-3 Viggen '02
-Saab 9-5 Aero Sportcombi '06
-Saab 9-5 2.8T Aero '10

-Saab Aero-X '07

-Volga Coupe 56
Volga Coupe 56.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Buick Streamliner '48

Mechanical engineer Norman E. Timbs created this breathtaking Streamliner in the 1940s. He designed the project himself which included a custom aluminum body and steel chassis. It took him over two years to finish and the resulting chic roadster was good enough for cover of Motor Trend as well as features in Mechanix Illustrated, Popular Mechanics and Motor Life.

Unlike the Grand Prix cars, the Mr Timbs’ Streamliner was built for the road. It used a 1948 Buick V8 to power the 2200 lbs car to 120 mph. The engine was mounted in a custom chassis that placed it behind the driver. The main chassis is built up from four-inch steel tubes which kick up over the rear axle.

The body was nod to the German GP cars which at the time mimicked aeronautical practice. Norm’s design was free of the over indulgences such as huge chrome bumpers and large tail fins that eventually dominated American design. In keeping with the aerofoil shape, no doors were are cut out of the body. A large one-piece rear panel opens hydraulically to reveal the entire rear end of the chassis.

Road & Track reported that it took Mr Timbs 2 1/2 years to create the car at a cost of $10,000 USD. The body was created entirely in aluminum by Emil Diedt for $8,000 alone. The shape was formed by hand over a traditional wooden buck.

At first the Streamliner was only used on the show circuit until Jim Davis of California bought it in 1952. He used it in and around Manhattan Beach, California and let Motor Life photograph it for a feature article. The car was discovered in the desert pretty much intact in 2002. It was bought at auction and restored by Dave Crouse at Custom Auto, Inc. in Loveland, Colorado for owners Gary & Diane Cerveny of Malibu, California. After its “complete and exacting” restoration, it debuted at the 2010 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance in a class reserved for Motor Trend Cover Cars.

Not only is it unlikely you’ll ever see this beauty on the road, it’s likely that you’ll never see it on the auction block. A car like this is far too rare, too beautiful that any owner could ever want to sell it up, no matter the price.

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Tsukishima wrote:I did not forget about your cars sw3gameboy. ;)

Changelog:

-Saab 92001 '48
-Saab 900 Turbo 16 Aero Convertible '85
-Saab 9-3 Viggen '02
-Saab 9-5 Aero Sportcombi '06
-Saab 9-5 2.8T Aero '10

-Saab Aero-X '07
Thank you not only for adding my Saabs but also the Aero-X :banana-dance:
PS: I got an Bugatti too if you haven't noticed ;)
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bugatti Type 23 '20

Ten years after its introduction, Bugatti’s three car line-up was ready for it second major revision. Where the 1913 revisions concentrated on the chassis and bodywork, the second concentrated on the engine. As one of the first engines in history, the new engine featured 4 valves per cylinder. The 16-valve engine was originally developed in 1914, but the First World War interfeered and Ettore Bugatti buried the engines.

In 1920 the first outing of the 16-valve engines was a big success with Friderich winning the French Voiturette Grand Prix at LeMans. Even more successful was Bugatti’s clean sweep of the first four places at Brescia in 1921. In honour of this memorable victory all 16-valve engined cars were dubbed Brescia. Like with the 8-valve engines the Brescia was available in three wheelbases.

One of the Brescia’s few flaws was the lack of front brakes. This was solved in 1924 when front drum brakes became a standard feature.

sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Wonderful Bugatti there :) It is however not the one i requested a few pages back:
sw3gameboy wrote::Image
The Bugatti Type 35B :drool:
Really deserves to be added imo ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

+1 for the Type35B, one of the most successful racers of that era.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Here's some other (swedish) request's as well:
Saab 96 V4 '80:
Saab 94 Sonett '56, Sonett V4 '67 and Sonett III '70 - in order from top to bottom:
Saab 9-7X Aero '08:
Volvo 242 GT '78:
Volvo 760 GLE '82:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Changelog:

-Bugatti Type 35B

-Dodge Charger '15
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Dodge Copperhead
Dodge Copperhead.jpg
-Mazda MX-5 Coupe (NB8 Limited Edition)
Mazda MX-5 Coupe (NB8 Limited Edition).jpg
-Saab 9-7X Aero '08
-Saab 94 Sonett '56
-Saab 96 V4 '80
-Saab Sonett III '70
-Saab Sonett V4 '67

-Volvo 242 GT '78
volvo.jpg
-Volvo 760 GLE '82
Last edited by Miao on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

First of all, thank you for adding my suggestions :clap:
Second, just an correction note following the Saab 96 V4 '80 - you wrote 98 instead of 96 :mrgreen:

Return to “The Showroom”