The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Shelby Series One Supercharged '99
Shelby Series 1 Superchaged '99.jpg
Shelby Series 1 was a high-performance roadster designed by Carroll Shelby and produced by Shelby American. The Series 1 is the only car ever designed and engineered by Carroll Shelby from a clean sheet of paper, and built from the ground up. All other Shelbys are re-engineered models produced by other manufacturers and modified by Shelby.

Prior to production of the Series 1, significant costs were incurred in testing and certification required to conform to 1999 Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Once completed, a total of 249 production Series 1 were constructed by Shelby American, Inc., all as 1999 models.

The use of carbon-fiber composites and heat-treated aluminum keeps the total weight under 1202 kg. It’s this unique combination of awe-inspiring power, unparalleled handling and light-weight responsiveness which creates the experience of driving a race car on the street.

These cars are produced at Shelby’s Las Vegas, Nevada manufacturing facility located just outside Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the LVMS Research and Development Center. Prior to picking up their cars, new owners are introduced to the Series 1 by driving one around the track’s road course as part of a Delivery Program.

The Series 1 was produced in both supercharged and normally aspirated versions (but supercharger was optional). Supercharged cars were also outfitted by the factory with larger brakes and a heavy duty clutch. Performance is in the "supercar" category with a 0 - 100 time at 3.2 seconds.

Nicely optioned, Series 1 had power steering, power disc brakes, factory air conditioning, power windows, and an AM/FM/CD audio system. The convertible top folded away out of sight in a compartment located behind the cockpit. Some component cars were sold as a roadster with no convertible top.

The Series 1 had dual wishbone suspension with coil-over remote reservoir dampers mounted inboard, and actuated by "rocker arms". The engine was mounted completely behind the front axle and drove a drive shaft supported in a "torque tube" that spun a 6 speed ZF trans-axle specially modified for the Series 1. The chassis was made of extruded and formed 6061 aluminum. It was welded together and then post-heat-treated for maximum strength throughout. Then aluminum honeycomb panels specially designed were bonded into the floor boards and rocker panels for added structure and stiffness. The body panels were carbon fiber and fiberglass laminate. The engine, torque-tube, trans-axle, and damper mounts were all rubber-isolated from the frame. The supercharged prototypes produced near 600 hp and 530 lb·ft (720 N·m) of torque. The Goodyear Eagle F1 tires were based on an IMSA racing "rain tire" that had been used for the "show car" model. Goodyear built custom tires for the car.
Shelby Series 1 Superchaged '99 rear.jpg
Shelby Series 1 Superchaged '99 interior.jpg
Last edited by 死の (Shino) on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Well, my computer is broken, again. Image

And edittin' the list from the phone is a Image. Shino-kun, can you stop featurin' car for now? Otherwise there will be too many when I get another opportunity of edittin' the list. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:Ive been reading thorough the thread and threare some old featured cars taht have broken pictures. An example isteh Pontiac Firebird XP-21.
They keep gettin' worse everyday. :laughing-rolling:
Why dont you do taht with Shino? :angry-tappingfoot:

Look at the masssive typo at the title fo his post. :angry-cussingblack:
RUF is better than Porsche!

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:Why dont you do taht with Shino? :angry-tappingfoot:

Look at the masssive typo at the title fo his post. :angry-cussingblack:
I think that maybe you should try auto-correct. :lol:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:Well, my computer is broken, again. Image

And edittin' the list from the phone is a Image. Shino-kun, can you stop featurin' car for now? Otherwise there will be too many when I get another opportunity of edittin' the list. Image
Ok, this will be like taking a break.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
GodEneru
Apprentice
Apprentice

What about your WIP mods, are they in somewhere safe? Just in case something bad happens. Wow, this is the first time I ask you a question related to backup and things of the genre.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

GodEneru wrote:
What about your WIP mods, are they in somewhere safe? Just in case something bad happens. Wow, this is the first time I ask you a question related to backup and things of the genre.
They're all in a cloud storage, I make an update everytime I change something relevant, so nothing to worry about these. :)
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:Shelby Series 1 Supercharged '99
I just saw it, can you change the title to "Shelby Series One SuperCharged '99"? :geek:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Hooray, PC is back and working again. :woot:
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:Hooray, PC is back and working again. :woot:
What was causing the problem?
RUF is better than Porsche!

Return to “The Showroom”