The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Vemac RD408-H '06
Vemac RD408-H '06.jpg
Vemac is a subsidiary of Tokyo R&D, a Japanese consulting firm that builds concept cars for major Japanese car manufacturers and carbon fibre composite parts for rockets. Chairman Masao Ono has a CV remarkably similar to that of Lotus founder Colin Chapman, as he's a former F1 and Le Mans racecar designer who started his own company to help cutting-edge technologies get into everyday road cars.

Of course, being an R&D company, they've designed a hybrid racing car, except that, unlike Audi and Toyota, they did it eight years ago. The RD408-H features a 4.0-litre Mugen Honda V8 and two liquid-cooled DC electric motors. Amazingly, the result is a combined output of 800 hp and 686 lb/ft.

The 1175 kg kerb weight gave it a staggering power-to-weight ratio of 681 hp/tonne, making it so fast that it couldn't be entered for anything. Still, as a technology demonstrator it's pretty impressive.

Specs:
Vemac RD408-H '06 specs.png
Vemac RD408-H '06 specs.png (5.41 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
Vemac RD408-H '06 rear.jpg
Vemac RD408-H '06 engine.jpg
Vemac RD408-H.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Maserati Bora 4.9L '74
Maserati Bora 4.9L '74.jpg
The Maserati Bora (Tipo 117) is a mid-engined two-seat coupe manufactured by Maserati. It is powered by a V8 engine. Produced from 1971 to 1978, it has a top speed of 275 km/h. It is classified as a supercar and is considered by some to be the pinnacle of Maserati performance.

Shortly after Citroën took a controlling interest in Maserati in 1968, the concept of a mid-engined two-seat sports car was proposed. Lamborghini and De Tomaso already had the Miura and Mangusta whilst Ferrari were known to be developing their own mid-engined contender. Initially known as Tipo 117 and later the Bora, the Maserati project got underway in October 1968 and a prototype was on the road by mid-1969. Shown in its final form at the Geneva Salon in March 1971, deliveries began before the end of the year. Maserati struggled after being bought by De Tomaso in 1975, and the Bora was discontinued after the 1978 model year.

Maserati had developed a reputation for producing technologically out of date cars, but that changed with the Bora. A number of innovative features were introduced that distinguished the car from their previous offerings. Compared to other supercars it was civilized and practical, featuring a hydraulically powered pedal cluster that could be moved forward and backwards at the touch of a button and a steering wheel that could be tilted and telescoped, addressing the common problem of entering and exiting the vehicle common to all supercars.[6]

Most supercars offer little foot room and little to no provision for luggage, but the Bora has a full-size trunk in the front of the vehicle, and was otherwise known as being much more civilized in comforts from its competitors, while still being rated at 171 mph by the Maserati factory. Unlike its competitors, the Bora used dual-pane glass separating its cabin from the engine compartment as well as a carpeted aluminum engine cap, greatly decreasing the engine noise in the cabin and increasing the comfort level for the driver.

Two engines were offered initially, including a high-revving 4.7-litre (290 cu in) V8 and a higher torque 4.9-litre (300 cu in) V8; a US smog-qualified 4.9-litre engine was used (a stroked version of the 4.7), starting with 1973 deliveries. Eventually, production switched to using only a more powerful version of the 4.9-litre engine producing 320 hp at 6000 rpm. All these engines traced their lineage back to the famous 450S racecar, were aluminum alloy, had hemispheric combustion chambers with 16 valves total operated by four cams (chain-driven) and fed by eight throats of Weber carburetion, fired by electronic ignition. The extraordinarily competent and strong ZF-1 five-speed trans-axel was used, as it was with the GT-40, Pantera, BMW M1, and other supercars of this era. Regardless of engine size or modification level, the Bora was considered an extraordinarily powerful car in its time.

A combined steel monocoque chassis and body featured a tubular steel subframe at the back for the engine and transmission. Suspension was independent all round (a first for a Maserati road car) with coil springs, telescopic shocks and anti-roll bars. The development prototype and the broadly similar show car first seen at the 1971 Geneva Motor Show featured MacPherson strut based front suspension, but this was abandoned for production because, installed in combination with very wide front tires and rack-and-pinion steering, the strut-based solution produced severe kickback. For the production cars Maserati reverted to a more conservative wishbone front-suspension arrangement.

Citroën's advanced high-pressure LHM hydraulics were adopted to operate the ventilated disc brakes on the main circuit, and on an auxiliary circuit the pedal box [clutch, brake, foot-throttle], the driver's seat [vertical adjustments], and the retractable headlights. Wheels were 7.5 x 15 inch Campagnolo light alloy rims with distinctive removable polished stainless steel hubcaps in the earlier automobiles, and tyres were Michelin XWX 205x70 front and rear, however these early cars exhibited problems with "tramlining" at speed. To solve this problem Maserati fitted later cars with 215x70 Michelins'.

Maserati decided to install a subtly uprated version of their familiar DOHC 90° V8, displacement having been 4719 cc thanks to a bore and stroke of 93.9 x 85 mm. Mounted longitudinally, compression was set at 8.5:1 and with four Weber 42 DCNF downdraught carbs and electronic Bosch ignition, the Bora could boast 310 hp at 6000 rpm. Great attention was paid to reducing noise and vibration, the engine and five-speed ZF transaxle being mounted on a subframe attached to the monocoque via four flexible mounts. The body was created by Giorgetto Giugiaro for Ital Design, fabrication of the all-steel panels being contracted to Officine Padane of Modena.

Standing 1138 mm high, perhaps the most distinctive details were the brushed stainless steel roof and windscreen pillars. Inside, the bucket seats, dash, door trim, centre console and rear bulkhead were trimmed in leather, electric windows having been standard, most cars also getting air conditioners. The steering column was manually adjustable for rake and reach, whereas the LHM aux. circuit controls adjusted the driver's seat vertically, the pedal box [consisting of the brake, clutch and throttle pedals] horizontally forwards and backwards by around three inches (76 mm)--a first such application in the world for a production car, and also to raise and lower the concealed headlights in the front fenders.

The original design weight was 1400 kg, however noise and safety concerns pushed this up to 1535 kg.

Specs:
Maserati Bora 4.9L '74 specs.png
Maserati Bora 4.9L '74 specs.png (6.84 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
Maserati Bora 4.9L '74 rear.JPG
Maserati Bora 4.9L '74 side.jpg
Maserati Bora 4.9L '74 interior.jpg
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

It's been a while, I'm finally back. Sorry for not logging in or even coming into contact these last days, if you want to talk about it then send a PM.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:It's been a while, I'm finally back. Sorry for not logging in or even coming into contact these last days, if you want to talk about it then send a PM.
Welcome back. :mrgreen:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Lamborghini Espada '78
Lamborghini Espada '68.jpg
The Lamborghini Espada is a grand tourer which was built by Italian car manufacturer Lamborghini between 1968 and 1978. Based on the Marzal show car, displayed at the 1967 Geneva Auto Show, and the Bertone Pirana, a radically rebodied Jaguar E-type, it was to fill the spot of a true four seat car in Lamborghini's lineup, which already included the 400GT and Miura. 1217 cars were made, making it the most successful Lamborghini model at the time.

The car was designed by Marcello Gandini of Bertone. The name "Espada" means "sword" in Portuguese and Spanish, referring to the sword that bullfighters use to kill the bulls.

The Espada was originally fitted with a 4.0 L 325 hp V12 engine, fully independent suspension and four wheel disc brakes. Most transmissions were manual, and the Espada also introduced one of the first automatic transmissions able to transfer the torque of a large sporting V12. It had unusual gearing, with 3 ratios: drive, 1 and reverse. When leaving the factory it originally fitted Pirelli Cinturato 205VR15 tyres (CN72).

During its 10 year production the car underwent some changes, and three different series were produced. These were the S1 (1968–1970), the S2 (1970–1972) and the S3 (1972–1978). Each model featured engine power improvements, but only minor details were changed with the exterior design. The interior was altered dramatically between each model. An all new dashboard and steering wheel was installed for the S2, and the interior was again revamped for the S3. In 1970, power steering was offered as an option, and in 1974 an automatic transmission was also offered. In 1975 impact bumpers had to be installed to meet United States safety requirements, and some people consider cars produced with them to be the S4, but Lamborghini did not officially change the designation.

Specs:
Lamborghini Espada '78 specs.png
Lamborghini Espada '78 specs.png (7.18 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Lamborghini Espada '78 rear.jpg
Lamborghini Espada '78 interior.jpg
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82.jpg
The Ferrari BB 512i was to be the last of the popular 512BB (Berlinetta Boxer) models, the little “i” added to the name was to indicate that it was now fuel injected – with a Bosch K-Jetronic CIS fuel injection unit that both improved throttle response and helped tidy up emissions.
The '512' indicates 5 litres/12 cylinders.

As with its predecessor the BB 512i was fitted with a mid-mounted flat-12 capable of 360 hp and 333 ft-lbs of torque, the engine’s boxer configuration afforded the 512 a lower centre of gravity than the more traditional V12 engine layouts from Ferrari, although many purists will argue vehemently against any non-V12 from the Maranello factory.

Possessing an engine directly related to Ferrari's contemporary Formula 1 unit, as well as being both lighter and faster than the legendary Daytona, the 512BB was one of the most capable and exciting supercars of its era and is still capable of providing all the thrills that an enthusiastic owner-driver could wish for.

Displacement was increased by enlarging both bore and stroke, while in addition the compression ratio was raised and dry-sump lubrication adopted. The result of all these changes was a useful increase in torque which, coupled with revised gear ratios, made the 512 more tractable.
Ferrari's claimed maximum of 302 km/h was felt entirely realistic.

You may have noticed that the car pictured here doesn't look entirely like the original Pininfarina design, this is because Koenig of Germany was tasked with restyling the coupe – resulting in a new rear section that (dare I say it) may even look better than the original.

The car can be with or without wing equipped.

Although the Ferrari BB 512i was never officially exported to the USA many of them have been privately imported over the years.
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 rear.jpg
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 side.jpg
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 wing.jpg
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 wing rear.jpg
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Much better than the 512BB that's already on the list, I'd replace it with this one.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:Much better than the 512BB that's already on the list, I'd replace it with this one.
Yea, this looks way better than the standard 512BB, I'd have the wingless one. But I'll still keep the original 512BB on the list. :mrgreen:
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Chevrolet Cruze WTCC '09
Chevrolet Cruze WTCC '09.jpg
Chevrolet unveiled at the Bologna auto show the Chevrolet Cruze WTCC that competed in the 2009 World Touring Car Championship (WTCC). The Cruze WTCC is the result from a team effort of different departments within GM Europe, coordinated by Phillip Zak, Director Exterior Design GM Europe.

Specs:
Chevrolet Cruze WTCC '09 specs.png
Chevrolet Cruze WTCC '09 specs.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
Press Release:
► Show Spoiler
Chevrolet Cruze WTCC '09 rear.jpg
Chevrolet Cruze WTCC '09 side.jpg
Chevrolet Cruze WTCC '09 interior.jpg
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

死の (Shino) wrote:Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82.jpg
The Ferrari BB 512i was to be the last of the popular 512BB (Berlinetta Boxer) models, the little “i” added to the name was to indicate that it was now fuel injected – with a Bosch K-Jetronic CIS fuel injection unit that both improved throttle response and helped tidy up emissions.
The '512' indicates 5 litres/12 cylinders.

As with its predecessor the BB 512i was fitted with a mid-mounted flat-12 capable of 360 hp and 333 ft-lbs of torque, the engine’s boxer configuration afforded the 512 a lower centre of gravity than the more traditional V12 engine layouts from Ferrari, although many purists will argue vehemently against any non-V12 from the Maranello factory.

Possessing an engine directly related to Ferrari's contemporary Formula 1 unit, as well as being both lighter and faster than the legendary Daytona, the 512BB was one of the most capable and exciting supercars of its era and is still capable of providing all the thrills that an enthusiastic owner-driver could wish for.

Displacement was increased by enlarging both bore and stroke, while in addition the compression ratio was raised and dry-sump lubrication adopted. The result of all these changes was a useful increase in torque which, coupled with revised gear ratios, made the 512 more tractable.
Ferrari's claimed maximum of 302 km/h was felt entirely realistic.

You may have noticed that the car pictured here doesn't look entirely like the original Pininfarina design, this is because Koenig of Germany was tasked with restyling the coupe – resulting in a new rear section that (dare I say it) may even look better than the original.

The car can be with or without wing equipped.

Although the Ferrari BB 512i was never officially exported to the USA many of them have been privately imported over the years.
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 rear.jpg
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 side.jpg
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 wing.jpg
Ferrari BB 512i Coupé '82 wing rear.jpg
Man, these are the Ferraris that TDU2 should have in the car list, most classic Ferraris are way beter tahn the new ones.
RUF is better than Porsche!

Return to “The Showroom”