The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Polaris Slingshot '15
Polaris Slingshot '15.jpg
The line between cars and motorcycles is getting thinner every day. Morgan’s Three Wheeler is open topped and uses the majority of bike’s powertrain for proulsion. Track day toys like the Ariel Atom promise the same type of acceleration as superbikes, and KTM , a motorcycle company, even builds a competitor to the Atom called the X-Bow. On the motorcycle side Can-Am has the Spyder, which is essentially a reversed trike. For 2015 we can add one more name to the list of motorcycle-car `tweeners: the Polaris Slingshot . The Slingshot features a design similar to the X-Bow, complete with a side-by-side seating arrangement, but it brings in the three-wheel layout of the Can-Am and Morgan.

Power comes from a GM-sourced, 2.4-liter, Ecotec four-cylinder engine that generates 173 horsepower at 6,200 rpm and 166 pound-feet of torque at 4,700 rpm. It might not seem like much, but given its weight, the Slingshot is quite fast. No performance numbers are given, but expect a 0-to-100 km/h sprint of less than five seconds and a top speed of around 210 km/h. The power heads to the wheels through a five-speed manual transmission.

Specs sheet:
Polaris Slingshot '15 specs (click to zoom).jpg
Polaris Slingshot '15 interior.jpg
Polaris Slingshot '15 engine.jpg
Polaris Slingshot.jpg
Last edited by Miao on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Of course i am, it woud be freaking funny to drive this thing arount some mountain road.
It's not the one you asked for, but it's 10.000 times better AND prettier. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Pinduca wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:And don't forget teh Indonesian supercar posted at te Car Teasers thread.
[thumbnail]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RTbl ... Skev_5.jpg[/thumbnail]
Yay, the typos are back again. Image
[thumbnail][/thumbnail]
Grammar nazis. The Grammar Nazis care about it...
I'm not a grammar nazi, but I really like to make fun of Karpenko's typos, they are becoming less and less frequent though, you should see some of his PSN messages he made 6 months ago, it used to have one typo in each word. Image
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Of course i am, it woud be freaking funny to drive this thing arount some mountain road.
It's not the one you asked for, but it's 10.000 times better AND prettier. Image
But it's still not the one i recomemded. :facepalm:
RUF is better than Porsche!

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:But it's still not the one i recomemded. :facepalm:
*Sigh* I don't wanna add it... Ok? Do you understand now? Image
Sonneillon
Rookie
Rookie

Pinduca wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote: Image
Grammar nazis. The Grammar Nazis care about it...
You're still alive... It's good to see you around these parts again.
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
Viktor Karpenko wrote:But it's still not the one i recomemded. :facepalm:
*Sigh* I don't wanna add it... Ok? Do you understand now? Image
NO.

死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

BMW Z8 '99
BMW Z8 '99.jpg
The BMW Z8 is a roadster produced by German automaker BMW from 1999 to 2003. It was given the E52 BMW model code.

The Z8 was the production variant of the 1997 Z07 concept car. The car design was the effort of a design team led by Chris Bangle. The exterior was designed by Henrik Fisker and the interior by Scott Lempert. The Z07 originally was designed as a styling exercise intended to evoke and celebrate the 1956-'59 BMW 507 and to celebrate the millennium change. The Z07 caused a sensation at the '97 Tokyo Auto Show. The overwhelming popularity of the concept spurred BMW's decision to produce a limited production model called the Z8. There were 5,703 Z8s built.

The $128,000 car had an all aluminum chassis and body and used a 4.9 L (4941 cc) 32-valve V8, that developed 400 hp and 370 lb·ft torque. This engine, known internally as the S62, was built by the BMW Motorsport subsidiary and was shared with the E39 M5. The engine was located behind the front axle in order to provide the car with 50/50 weight distribution. The factory claimed a 0–100 km/h time of 4.7 seconds; Motor Trend magazine achieved 0–100 km/h in 4.2 seconds. Road and Track measured the car's lateral grip at .92. Car and Driver magazine also tested the car and found that it outperformed the contemporary benchmark Ferrari 360 Modena in three important performance categories: acceleration, handling, and braking. As with most BMW products, its top speed was electronically limited to 250 km/h.

Like the innovative Lincoln Mark VIII from several years earlier, the Z8 used neon exterior lighting. The tail lights and turn indicators are powered by neon tubes that offer quicker activation than standard lightbulbs and are expected to last for the life of the vehicle. The Z8's head and tail lights were done by Vipin Madhani.

Every Z8 was shipped with a color-matching metal hardtop with rear defroster. Unlike many accessory hardtops, which are provided for practical rather than stylistic considerations, the Z8 hardtop was designed from the outset to complement the lines of the roadster.

In order to keep the interior uncluttered, a number of convenience functions were integrated into multifunction controls. For example, the power windows and mirrors were controlled by a single instrument. Also, the center-mounted instrument cluster was canted slightly toward the driver. The displacement of these gauges to the middle of the dash was intended to offer an unimpeded view of the hood and the road ahead.

In order to promote the Z8 to collectors and reinforce media speculation about the Z8's "instant classic" potential, BMW promised that a 50-year stockpile of spare parts would be maintained in order to support the Z8 fleet. Due to the limited volume of Z8 production, all elements of the car were constructed or finished by hand, thereby compounding the importance of ongoing manufacturer support for the type. The price point and production process allowed BMW to offer custom options to interested buyers. A significant number of Z8s with nonstandard paint and interior treatments were produced over the course of the four-year production run by BMW Individual, a division of BMW AG.

Specs:
BMW Z8 '99 specs.png
BMW Z8 '99 specs.png (6.4 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
BMW Z8 '99 rear.jpg
BMW Z8 '99 interior.JPG
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Thank you for makin' a post for this one. Image I have little to no interest in BMWs. Image
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:I have little to no interest in BMWs. Image
What's your problem with the German manufacturers?
I always see you saying this about BMW and Porsche. :|

Return to “The Showroom”