The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Studebaker Silver Hawk '57
Studebaker Silver Hawk '57.jpg
The Studebaker Silver Hawk was an automobile produced between 1957 and 1959 by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana. The Hawk was also produced in 1956. There were four versions, pillared Flight Hawk and Power Hawk, and hardtop Sky Hawk and Golden Hawk. The Silver Hawk model was not produced in 1956, the first year of the Hawks. The same basic car was produced for two more years (1960 and 1961) as simply the Studebaker Hawk, since from 1959 onward no other Hawk models were being sold.

The Silver Hawk was the replacement for the two lower models in the four-model Hawk range in 1956. the Flight Hawk which carried the Champion 185 cu. in., six-cylinder 101 hp (75 kW) powerplant and the Power Hawk with the Commander's 259 in³ (4.2L) V8. Both of these models were two-door pillared coupes in the US market (based on the 1953 "Starlight" coupe body), and therefore, so was the Silver Hawk, which came in two differently-engined models with either the aforementioned Champion six or the 289 cu. in. (4.7L) President V8 engine (delivering 210 HP from the two-barrel, 225 HP from the four-barrel with dual exhaust).

In the midst of a financial crisis at Studebaker after a disastrous recession-year performance in 1958, the Golden Hawk was dropped; the Silver Hawk, which had sold somewhat better, was retained in the lineup.

The Silver Hawk was replaced for 1962 by the stunningly-restyled (by Brooks Stevens) Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk.
Studebaker Silver Hawk '57 rear.jpg
Studebaker Silver Hawk '57 side.jpg
Studebaker Silver Hawk '57 dashboard.jpg
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:Golden Hawk
Don't even think about suggestin' it. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
You made me lol. :loll:

At least you can say that silver is better than gold, since the Silver Hawk had a better engine than the Golden and since it also sold better. ;)
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Studebaker just shows and proves how Silver > gold. :banana-blonde:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Sonneillon
Rookie
Rookie

That's a very cool car, I like the black one. And now I got a question, why have I never seen any Studebaker in a video game? :|
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sonneillon wrote:That's a very cool car, I like the black one. And now I got a question, why have I never seen any Studebaker in a video game? :|
Licensing of course, who knows who got the Studebaker's rights nowadays?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote:who knows who got the Studebaker's rights nowadays?
Packard got the rights.

And then Curtiss-Wright Corporation seems to have it.

They're probably bitchy about their cars bein' on a video game, just like Rolls Royce. :roll:
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
WHAT ARE YA SAYIN'? DA GOLDEN HAWK IS DA BEST CAR EVA'. LOOK AT IT!
ImageImage
I REQUEST ITS IMMEDIATE ADDITION TO THE DATABASE!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RUF is better than Porsche!

Sonneillon
Rookie
Rookie

Tsukishima wrote:They're probably bitchy about their cars bein' on a video game, just like Rolls Royce. :roll:
I sincerely hope this isn't the case, I would love to see manufacturers like Studebaker and DeSoto in a game.

Maybe no video game developer ever sought to have these ones in their game. :whistle:
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:They're probably bitchy about their cars bein' on a video game, just like Rolls Royce. :roll:
:loll:

Yeah, Rolls Royce refusing to accept their cars being added to some video game is just... Bitchy. :laughing-rolling:

Return to “The Showroom”