The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Sbarro Corvette Stingray Le Mans (C3) '68
Sbarro Corvette Stingray Le Mans (C3) '68.jpg
In 1968, Henri Greder and Bob Lutz have convinced George Filipinetti for two Chevrolet Corvette L88 in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The latter appealed to Franco Sbarro to assist in this endeavor. Although no longer officially employed at Filipinelli, Franco Sbarro still did some work for him. Thus, it went to the United States to assemble the two Corvette under the direction of Zora Arkus Duntov in person. Sbarro had requested at the time that 150 francs a day, to the amazement of the U.S., are accustomed to far more important.

During 24 hours of Le Mans in September 1968, the two cars dominated the GT class in the early hours of the race. One of the Corvette abandoned on mechanical problems (fuel) at the sixth hour of racing, the other as a result of an exit route at the fourteenth time. Previously, the two cars suffered brake problems due to their weight being too high.

Even if they have not experienced any major victories, the two cars involved in all the major races of the day, including the Tour de France Automobile. One of them (chassis No. 194378S410300) was hired six times in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, a record unmatched at the moment for the same chassis.

Specs:
Sbarro Corvette Stingray Le Mans (C3) '68 specs.png
Sbarro Corvette Stingray Le Mans (C3) '68 specs.png (5.11 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Sbarro Corvette Stingray Le Mans (C3) '68 rear.jpg
Sbarro Corvette Stingray Le Mans (C3).jpg
Sbarro Corvette Stingray Le Mans (C3) 1968.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans '68
Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans '68.png
Corvette indirectly supported a motor sports program in 1968 with the COPO L88 option. This was a special order that let prospective buyers receive a brand new Coupe or Convertible that had the big block L88 engine installed. The intention was to sell these to private teams and each further developed their cars from season to season.

Goodyear's Leo Mehl told North American Racig Team's (NART) Leo Chinetti that he wanted one of Ferrari's six spots at Le Mans as Le Mans was invite only. Mehl said that if he didn't relinquish a spot, then he would pull Goodyears Ferrari sponsorship worldwide. This alone caused Chinetti to cave in as he didn't want to hear Enzo's wrath for losing a big sponsor.

Chinetti imposed two conditions. The Corvette had to be Ferrari Red and the car would have to wear Ferrari's prancing horse inside of its NART logo.

2 Corvettes, VIN 194378S410300 and 194378S408067, left the St. Louis Factory in January 1968. George Filipinetti (Ferrari Scuderia's race team head) had his chief mechanic, Franco Sbarro, sent to Michigan to aid in prepping the cars for European racing duty.

The C3 race cars were equipped with a factory prepped L88 courtesy of Zora Arkus-Duntov "smuggling" it out the back door to get around GM's ban on racing that was still in effect.

Race History:
► Show Spoiler
Specs:
Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans '68 specs.png
Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans '68 specs.png (5.5 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans '68 rear.jpg
Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans '68 side.jpg
Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans '68 interior.jpg
Scuderia Filipinetti Corvette L88 Le Mans.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh my, that's truly beautiful, that Scuderia Filipinetti livery is just... is j-just... awesome! :D

Thank you for bringing these forgotten cars to the light. :2thumbsup:
Sonneillon
Rookie
Rookie

TheLuigi907 wrote:Oh my, that's truly beautiful, that Scuderia Filipinetti livery is just... is j-just... awesome! :D

This is why I love this thread, Tsukishima does a good job with bringing the forgotten or less known cars to the public, I didn't know about these Corvettes or about the ABT. I wish I had her knowledge about cars.

There is also Shino, who makes posts for the cars too, I think he's also good at this.

And Viktor also gets some credit, some of the cars on this list were brought up by him, like that Hyundai PassoCorto.
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Sonneillon wrote:
TheLuigi907 wrote:Oh my, that's truly beautiful, that Scuderia Filipinetti livery is just... is j-just... awesome! :D

This is why I love this thread, Tsukishima does a good job with bringing the forgotten or less known cars to the public, I didn't know about these Corvettes or about the ABT. I wish I had her knowledge about cars.

There is also Shino, who makes posts for the cars too, I think he's also good at this.

And Viktor also gets some credit, some of the cars on this list were brought up by him, like that Hyundai PassoCorto.
Eh, thanks for the cheers up.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Sonneillon wrote:This is why I love this thread, Tsukishima does a good job with bringing the forgotten or less known cars to the public, I didn't know about these Corvettes or about the ABT. I wish I had her knowledge about cars.

Thank you kind sir. Blushin' here... Image
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Hyundai IED PassoCorto '14
Hyundai IED PassoCorto '14.jpg
Hyundai has developed a concept car in collaboration with the Istituto Europeo di Design (IED) of Turin that was unveiled in the 2014 Geneva Motor Show.

The study is called the PassoCorto and according to Hyundai, it was commissioned by the Hyundai Design Center Europe "as a tribute to the Made in Italy design that is studied at the IED".

The concept is said to be 161 inches long, 74 inches wide and 45.7 inches tall. It rides on a 96.5-inch wheelbase, which makes sense since passo corto means "short wheelbase" in Italian. The engine is tipped to be a mid-mounted, twin-turbo, 1.6-liter four-cylinder pumping out 266 horsepower.
Hyundai IED PassoCorto '14 rear.jpg
Hyundai IED PassoCorto '14 interior.jpg
Hyundai IED PassoCorto.jpg
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nash Rambler ‘Palm Beach’ Coupe '56
Nash Rambler ‘Palm Beach’ Coupe '56.jpg
This is an one-of prototype developed by Pininfarina at the request of Nash designer George W. Mason. It was intended as the production replacement for the Nash-Healey, but the project never reached fruition. Never-the-less, the sole prototype has many interesting details that Pininfarina envisioned for the American market and it is a fully functioning car.

Named after Palm Beach, Florida, this car was built on the Nash Rambler planform which was also George Mason project. He was interested in small-car designs such as the Metropolitan which he developed in conjunction with Austin of England. The Palm Beach Coupe used a similar chassis, but had a built-up box section around the sills that the body attached to.

Pininfarina's design lent from the Jet Age of American design, particularly with its prominent rear tail fins and circular front intake from the PF 200 Lancia also design by Pininfarina earlier in 1953. Rambler “R” emblems on the hubcaps are one of the only cues that hint at this car's roots. Palm Beach scripts are placed on the trunk and the side of the fins.

Inside the car has ample room for two with bucket seats and leather upholstery. The driver is treated to a two-spoke wooden steering wheel that sits in front of a custom binnacle & Nash-Healey gauges. Other features include a floor mounted 3-speed manual gearbox, deep pile carpets and adjustable bucket seats.

Painted in metallic emerald green, the Palm Beach first appeared at Pininfarina’s stand at the Turin Auto Show alongside the Alfa Romeo Super Flow I and the Lancia America. It eventually made it to the Henry Ford Museum in spring of 1957. Later, it graced the cover of Motor Trend's August 1957 magazine.

By the time the Palm Beach had made an impression, AMC canceled both the Nash and Hudson brands. Chairman and CEO of American Motors, Roy Chapin Jr. kept the car in his personal collection and it eventually was acquired by Joe Bortz for his collection for dream cars. He kept the car intact up until 2007 when Mr. Jacques Harguindeguy acquired the car an embarked on its first restoration. He passed away before the car was completed and it was subsequently shown at the 2009 Pebble Beach Concours.

At the 2010 Amelia Island Auction, Gooding & Co. sold the only Palm Beach with an estimate of $700,000 to $900,000 USD, but it did not sell with a top bid of $500,000 USD.

The Palm Beach featured a Rambler flathead straight-six that produced 82hp at 3,800 rpm and 138-lbs of torque at 1,600 rpm. Since the low hood didn't allow for enough room to hold the stock carburetor, a Weber single-barrel, side-draft carburetor was utilized instead.

Specs:
Nash Rambler ‘Palm Beach’ Coupe '56 specs.png
Nash Rambler ‘Palm Beach’ Coupe '56 specs.png (7.29 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
Nash Rambler ‘Palm Beach’ Coupe '56 rear.jpg
Nash Rambler ‘Palm Beach’ Coupe '56 interior.jpg
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Dodge Challenger RT '70.JPG
The Dodge Challenger is the name of three different generations of American automobiles marketed by the Dodge division of Chrysler. From 1969 to 1974, the first generation Dodge Challenger pony car was built using the Chrysler E platform, sharing major components with the Plymouth Barracuda.

The Dodge Challenger was based on the Plymouth Barracuda platform, but its wheelbase was stretched by two inches to provide more interior room. The Challenger was offered in both hardtop and convertible versions. Performance versions wore the R/T (Road/Track) badge and either the base or R/T model could be ordered with the SE luxury package. The SE package included leather seats and a vinyl roof with a smaller "formal" rear window. Challenger R/T’s came standard with the 335 hp 383 engine. Optional were two 440 engines, the four-barrel Magnum Magnum with 375 bhp and the tri-carb Six Pack with 390 hp. Topping the list was the almighty 426 Hemi with 425 hp . The Hemi cost an additional $1,228 and required heavy-duty equipment. The 440s and the Hemi came standard with TorqueFlite automatic. Optional was a four speed manual which included a pistol-grip Hurst shifter and a Dana 60 axle. Gear axles climed from 3.23:1 to 4.10:1, with limited slip as an option. All R/Ts received a heavy duty suspension and the 440s and Hemi received 15 inch 60 series tires, although essentials such as power steering and front disc brakes were still optional. The R/T’s standard hood had two hood scoops, but they did not feed directly into the air cleaner. For just $97, the buyer could specify the shaker scoop, which mounted to the air cleaner and stuck up through an opening in the hood. It was known as the "shaker" as it vibrated along with the engine.

Wheelbase: 110.0 in (2,790 mm)
Length: 191.3 in (4,860 mm)
Width: 76.1 in (1,930 mm)
Height: 50.9 in (1,290 mm)
Dodge Challenger RT '70 rear.jpg
Dodge Challenger RT '70 side.jpg
Dodge Challenger RT '70 interior.jpg
Cain
Mechanic
Mechanic

Your luck day, thanks to the Car Teasers thread I found a vehicle for you to add.

DC Avanti
PSN: Cain211-RO

Return to “The Showroom”