The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars '15
Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars '15.jpg
The Maybach 57 (chassis no. W240) and 62 (chassis no. V240) were the first automobile models of the Maybach brand since the brand's revival by DaimlerChrysler AG (now Daimler AG). They are derived from the Benz Maybach concept car presented at the 1997 Tokyo Motor Show. The concept car was based on the Mercedes-Benz S-Class sedan, as are the eventual production models. The Luxury Brand Status Index 2008 voted the Maybach 1st place, ahead of Rolls-Royce and Bentley. The models ceased production in 2013, due to continued financial losses for the marque, and sales at one fifth the level of the profitable Rolls-Royce models.

The Maybach 57 S has been resurrected by Austria coachbuilder DC Dream Cars. Daimler brought back the "Maybach" moniker last year by launching the Mercedes-Maybach division, but those who are fans of the old Maybach 57 can now have it once again in a sleek coupe configuration called 57 S Coupe (or 57S Coupe).

Based on the Maybach 57S sedan, Xenatec has produced 8 of the 100 units planned according to reports. Pricing started at €675,000 ($928,732) and had the blessing of Maybach as they honored the model's original warranty.

In converting the sedan to a coupe, Xenatec pushed the B-pillar back 508mm (20 inches) and increased the curvature of the roof by installing more rakish A- and C-pillars (sail panel into quarter panel). In doing so, the doors, side sills, front fender and rear quarter panels were re-fabricated. The result is a sleeker and sportier vehicle. At the same time, the interior has been upgraded even beyond Maybach's high standard, but without sacrificing the quiet, conservative nature of the vehicle.

Austrian coachbuilder "DC Dream Cars" has picked up from where German firm Xenatec left after becoming insolvent and now offers its own version of the Maybach 57 S Coupe.

The car is powered by a V12 6.0-liter engine which delivers 630 HP (471 kW) in the standard configuration, but the Austrian coachbuilder is willing to squeeze more power at an additional cost.

Specs:
Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars '15 specs.png
Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars '15 specs.png (6.56 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars '15 rear.jpg
Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars '15 side.jpg
Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars '15 interior.jpg
Maybach 57 S Coupe by DC Dream Cars.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Prepsi wrote:Everything from here because Kim Jong Un.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyeonghwa_Motors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't get it... Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Tsukishima wrote:
legacybear wrote:And about my dream car list, at this moment it's only a simple Excel table, I only plan on sharing it once it's completed.
Lookin' forward to its release. :rightthumbup:
It may be just an Excel table right now but when I finish it, it will be in form of a forum post or maybe a downloadable pdf. I'll release it on GTP once it's completed, so keep tuned in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyeonghwa_Motors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh yes, the great great supreme leader of everything, he isn't welcomed everywhere...
без назви.png
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Jaguar XKSS '57
Jaguar XKSS '57.jpg
The Jaguar XKSS was a road-going version of the Jaguar D-Type racing car.

Well over 20 years after Bentley had dominated at Le Mans another British make stood up to the 24 Hours challenge; Jaguar. In charge of development of Jaguar's first post-war sportscar was an old 'Bentley Boy', Walter Hassan. With the alloy bodied version of this sportscar, the XK 120, Jaguar scored their first racing successes. Although these results were promising, Hassan and Jaguar founder William Lyons found more was needed to win at Le Mans and production of a competition version of the XK 120 was started.

Shown to the public for the first time at the 1951 Le Mans tests, the XK 120 C or C-Type looked ready for the challenge. It shared its XK straight six engine with the XK120 production model, but sported a much lighter tubular frame chassis. In competition tune, breathing through three Weber Carburetors these engines were good for 210 bhp. Although two of the three C-Types entered failed to finish the 24 Hour, it was a good weekend for Jaguar, with the remaining car finishing well ahead of the competition.

For the 1952 24 Hours race Jaguar fielded an experimental, un-tested long tail, low drag C-Type. Overheating problems caused all three cars to drop out early in the race. No risks were taken for 1953 race, where Jaguar fielded more conventionally bodied C-Types. The works cars were among the very first equipped with disc brakes, giving them a clear edge in the race and another win for the boys from Coventry. In the meantime Jaguar worked hard on a completely new model to continue the company's successful endurance racing campagin.

By the spring of 1954 the new car was running. Although it had no official name but names like C-Type Mk II and D-Type were rumoured, the latter stuck. It was the first Jaguar to use a monocoque type chassis. Attached to the monocoque was a front subframe, carrying the engine and front suspension. On the six cars built in 1954, the subframe was welded to the monocoque, but on later cars it was bolted on for easy detachment. Of course the disc brakes from the C-Type were carried over.

Jaguar again relied on the XK engine, but some modifications were made to limit frontal area. The sump was halved in height by switching from wet to dry-sump lubrication. The engine was also mounted at an 8-degree angle, with the off-centre bump in the engine-cover as a result. Mechanically, the only difference between the 1954 and 1955 works cars was the use of larger valves on the latter. Extra space was required to house the larger valves. Frontal area was not sacrificed as the 1955 works D-Types were the first Jaguars to use an asymmetrical head that would come to be known as the '35/40 head'. The intake valves were mounted at 35 degrees, whereas the exhaust valves were mounted at 40 degrees.

As mentioned earlier, a small frontal area was high at the Jaguar priority list. This was to allow for high top speeds at the long Le Mans straights. To ensure stability at speeds of over 150 mph, the D-Type was equipped with a big fin behind the pilot's headrest. Works cars built in 1955 were equipped with a longer nose for even higher top speeds. This was very indicative of Jaguar's strategy, which had Le Mans as the only priority and D-Type drivers often suffered on slower tracks, where the slippery bodies offered no downforce what so ever.

Three cars were entered in the 1954 Le Mans 24 Hours. Although the Jaguars were on the pace, it was not enough to match the 4.9 litre Ferrari of Gonzales / Trintignant. In 1955 Jaguar returned with the large valve engined long nose D-Types to take the marque's third victory. They faced strong competition from the high-tech Mercedes-Benz SLRs, but the German team withdrew after one of their cars was launched into the crowd, killing dozens of spectators. The organizers nevertheless decided to continue the race.

At the time of Mercedes-Benz' retirement, the top op placed Jaguar of Mike Hawthorn and Ivor Bueb chased the leading SLR of Moss and Fangio by two laps. Now that they were out, there was little competition for Jaguar, especially as all of the powerful Ferraris retired due to accidents or mechanical failures and the Brits claimed their third Le Mans win. In the following two years, Jaguar's colours were successfully defended by the Ecurie Ecosse team. In 1956 the Works cars crashed out early in the race and Jaguar had given up on racing altogether in 1957.

Rule changes, limiting the displacement to 3 litres, left the D-Types pretty much obsolete for 1958. Jaguar did supply a three litre version of the XK-engine, but it was no match for the competition. Dozens of short-nose production D-Types were sold to privateers, which successfully campaigned them on both sides of the Atlantic. To get rid of the remaining chassis, Jaguar equipped them for road use and sold them as the XKSS model. After only sixteen examples were produced a fire in the factory abruptly ended the run. With three Le Mans wins, the Jaguar D-Type remains as one of the most successful racing cars ever. In both road going XKSS and racing D-Type guise, it is also one of the most desirable Jaguar models.

Specs:
Jaguar XKSS '57 specs.png
Jaguar XKSS '57 specs.png (6.92 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
Jaguar XKSS '57 rear.jpg
Jaguar XKSS '57 side.jpg
Jaguar XKSS '57 interior.jpg
Jaguar XKSS.jpg
Jaguar XKSS 1957.jpg
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Take this Jaguar post as my birthday gift to you Tsuki-chan. :mrgreen:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:Take this Jaguar post as my birthday gift to you Tsuki-chan. :mrgreen:
Thank you, I just love cars from this manufacturer. Image

But a real XKSS would have been better. Image
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
I don't get it... Image
is one of the two car manufacturers and dealers in North Korean automotive industry
North Korean automotive industry
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Oh, happy birthday dude. Unfortunately I don't have any gifts to give other than the knowledge about this car's existence:

SSZ Stradale 1999
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:is one of the two car manufacturers and dealers in North Korean automotive industry
North Korean automotive industry
I wonder why you would be suggesting that when it's not even in YOUR list?
legacybear wrote:Oh, happy birthday dude. Unfortunately I don't have any gifts to give other than the knowledge about this car's existence:

SSZ Stradale 1999
1- Very nice looking car.

2- You claim to know Tsukishima but you don't even know that she isn't dude. :roll:
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

死の (Shino) wrote: You claim to know Tsukishima but you don't even know that she isn't dude. :roll:
I never claimed I knew. . . her.

What I said was that I came from another forum where Tsukishima is also a member. I never interacted that much with the posts other than just with simple comments that doesn't lead into a deep conversation, so I never got to really know your friend.

I thought Tsukishima was a male because of Japanese mythology, you know, the deities that represent the sun and moon. The moon (or as said in Japanese, 'Tsuki') one would be Tsukuyomi and is described as a male, while the sun is the female.

But yea, now that I see this
死の (Shino) wrote:Tsuki-chan.
I should have known, since the 'chan' is always used with girls.

In case you are wondering I used to really like animes when I had around 14-17 years, I never thought the really really small knowledge I gained from these would be useful one day. . .

Return to “The Showroom”