The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Ford Mustang Hardtop '64
Ford Mustang Hardtop '64.jpg
A collectable American classic, the original Ford Mustang was responsible for kick-starting the ‘pony car’ movement in the Sixties. With sporty good looks and an affordable price tag, the first-generation Mustang was a hit from day one. Small in stature when compared to most American cars of the time, the Mustang had a ready-to-go stance and attractive proportions. With its small-block V-8 burbling through a throaty exhaust, this thoroughbred still turns heads wherever it goes.

It all started in 1960 when Lee Iacocca was appointed Ford Division General Manager at age 35. He set out to give Ford a more sportive image, starting with re-entering NASCAR, and creating the Futura Sprint by adding a V8 to the Falcon line-up. This big project was a relatively affordable sports-car, at nearly half the price of the Corvette. The first exposure of this new two-seater came in the form of the Mustang I concept first shown at the 1962 US Grand Prix.

Equipped with a mid-mounted V4 engine and all-round independent suspension, the Mustang I was a revolutionary vehicle for Ford, however it proved to be too much of an exotic to fit Iacocca's new product vision. In 1963 the Mustang II concept was introduced, again at the US Grand Prix. To maintain a manageable price, many Falcon parts and a more conventional front engine, live axle were incorporated.

On April 17, 1964, the production version of the Mustang was introduced. Many of the Mustang II concept's styling cues found their way on the production car, most notably the triple row rear taillights. A six cylinder and two eight cylinder engines were available at the launch, which could be combined with various equipment packages. Hardtop, convertible and fastback were the three available body-types.

Specs:
Ford Mustang Hardtop '64 specs.png
Ford Mustang Hardtop '64 specs.png (8.33 KiB) Viewed 7045 times
Ford Mustang Hardtop.jpg
Ford Mustang Hardtop '64 rear.jpg
Ford Mustang Hardtop '64 side.jpg
Ford Mustang Hardtop '64 interior.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Ferrari GTO '84
Ferrari GTO '84.jpg
In 1982, the Group B category of motorsports was introduced. For the purpose of satisfying regulations, a variety of special production cars were produced by auto manufactured in order to fulfill the 200-car homologation requirement in order to go racing. The GTO, which bowed at the 1984 Geneva Motor Show, was one of these cars. Though unofficial, the number "288" is sometimes added in front of the alphabetical designation, so the car is also known as "288 GTO."

The "O" in GTO stands for omologazione, the Italian word for homologation. Its style is immediately recognizable as stemming from the 308GTB; this was deliberately planned, so as to avoid straying too much from the look of that model. However, in reality, the GTO was practically an entirely new car. Its engine was remounted longitudinally, the wheelbase stretched 4 inches longer, and its exterior body panels were replaced with ones made out of carbon fiber and other lightweight materials. As a result of this process, most of the car had to be specially redesigned.

Leonardo Fioravanti, who was with Pininfarina at the time, penned the exterior styling. Flared front and rear fenders, additional fog lights, passing lights in the nose, a rear duck tail reminiscent of the 250 GTO, and the three vertical-line louvers produced a beautiful form combining the aggressive look of a fighting machine together with traditional Ferrari elegance. Power came from a 2.8-liter twin turbo, the 1160 kg light weight body was backed by 394 HP and 368.8 ft-lb of torque, enabling a top speed of 306 km/h, making the GTO the fastest Ferrari in its day.

Specs:
Ferrari GTO '84 specs.png
Ferrari GTO '84 specs.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 6436 times
Ferrari GTO.jpg
Ferrari GTO '84 rear.jpg
Ferrari GTO '84 side.jpg
Ferrari GTO '84 interior.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

And 288 stands for 2.8 liter, 8 cylinders. Classic Ferraris used to have their engine type and displacement in the name.

One of the best looking 80's Ferraris. Always liked the 288 GTO. :woot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:One of the best looking 80's Ferraris.
Then which one do ya consider to be the best lookin' Ferrari of the 80's? :|
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Miao wrote:
I think the 288 GTO beats the F40 that was based on it. Seen the GTO a couple of times in real life and it rocks. Sounds good too. 8-)

Here a rare pic of the GTO Evoluzione that became the F40 later.

The 288 GTO is more sexy IMO :mrgreen:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:
Miao wrote:
I think the 288 GTO beats the F40 that was based on it. Seen the GTO a couple of times in real life and it rocks. Sounds good too. 8-)
That... doesn't really answer the question I've just made... Image

So is the GTO the best lookin' Ferrari of the 80's or just one of the best lookin' 80's Ferraris? Image

MadManCK wrote:Here a rare pic of the GTO Evoluzione that became the F40 later.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 88_GTO.jpg

The 288 GTO is more sexy IMO :mrgreen:
I got just the opposite opinion about this, the GTO Evoluzione is really an evoluzione over the GTO's design. :P
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Miao wrote:
死の (Shino) wrote:Of course my 911th post had to be about a Porsche 911. :lol:
You should've put that effort in your 911th post into a post for a RUF or any other car from a different manufacturer other than Porsche... Image
I just knew my comment would get some reply like this from you. :roll:

Why should I not make posts for Porsches when you will have to have the Porsche car posts done one day anyway?
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:Why should I not make posts for Porsches when you will have to have the Porsche car posts done one day anyway?
I don't really have any reasons to stop you from makin' posts of cars from that manufacturer; come to think of it, it's actually very good you do so, so that I don't have to make them myself. :think: I should actually thank you for makin' the post for that 911, sorry about that.

But I still complain about it since Porsche's cars are the ones with the lowest priority in this list due to EA's exclusive license and the fact that RUFs are superior in all ways and that I hate how Porsche is overrated in this damn forum.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Miao wrote: That... doesn't really answer the question I've just made... Image

So is the GTO the best lookin' Ferrari of the 80's or just one of the best lookin' 80's Ferraris? Image

I got just the opposite opinion about this, the GTO Evoluzione is really an evoluzione over the GTO's design. :P
The GTO still slightly resembles the Ferrari 308. One of the iconic Ferraris. The 288GTO is the über version of that.

F40 and later "Omologaziones" are all more like race cars, converted for road use. Different vibe and attitude.

To answer your question, the 288 GTO is probably my favorite Ferrari of all time. But there are some classics i fancy as well. ;)

死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Miao wrote:I don't really have any reasons to stop you from makin' posts of cars from that manufacturer; come to think of it, it's actually very good you do so, so that I don't have to make them myself. :think: I should actually thank you for makin' the post for that 911, sorry about that.
No problem.
Miao wrote: RUFs are superior in all ways

Porsche is overrated in this damn forum.
Couldn't agree more about these 2 things. But even if we end up having all the RUF models we would still need to have Porsche for models that RUF never touched like the 928 or more historical models.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.

Return to “The Showroom”