Forum not loading how it should in g.chrome

Need help on the Forum, this is the place to start
Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

I don't know whose fault it is, the forum or Google Chrome. But when I browse the forum the pages refuse to refresh themselves and I have to manually do it.

For example when I logged in, the front page loaded as if I had not but after I refreshed the page it loaded normally. And after I entered a thread where someone made a new post it wasn't there but after I reloaded everything went back to normal. This is frustrating either the forum or Chrome is fucking my shit up.
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This occurs in other browsers as well. :shock:

Refreshing the page or emptying you cache helps. But normally it should do that automatically.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Mauricio_Zika wrote:I don't know whose fault it is, the forum or Google Chrome. But when I browse the forum the pages refuse to refresh themselves and I have to manually do it.

For example when I logged in, the front page loaded as if I had not but after I refreshed the page it loaded normally. And after I entered a thread where someone made a new post it wasn't there but after I reloaded everything went back to normal. This is frustrating either the forum or Chrome is fucking my shit up.
I use Google Chrome (most of the time) and everything works ok for me :?

Try doing a hard reset Ctrl+F5 this will force a load from the server and might help to reset your cache but as Mad has said this should be done automatically when new content is available.
(also try deleting your browser history :idea: )

EDIT: Just noticed this is also happening to me in Chrome (never did before) anyone else having this problem. :o

EDIT 2: Not happing in IE and I haven't changed anything on the forum lately so must be something to do with Chrome, will do some more investigating. :think:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

This is not a Chrome problem, it's happenin' with me too in my PS4 browser. :?
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

same here, with firefox
posted a new video, but it didn't show and i was logged out again
posted the vid again and then it was doubleposted
same with the second post in another thread
so i left it like it was and now after restarting my PC they all show
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yep, happening here too. You can force your cache to clear so you can momentarily see new content but you will have to keep clearing it afterwards to force your browser to truly reload the page.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Still looking into this, so far i have discovered that it could be a sever problem but Host Gator (my provider)are saying it is not them. :roll:

Have put some lines of inquiry out will report back when i get something. :party:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Happening here for me too on two different PC's. Both using Firefox. I wondered why there wasn't a new post for a few days and finally today I refreshed the page and all the newer posts showed. Have the main forum page bookmarked, thinking of trying to delete old bookmark and setting new on this PC to see what happens.

Edit: Book marking new seems to solve the issue for me. I came back after an hour and tried both bookmarks. The old bookmark still showed only posts after I refreshed. The new bookmark had newer posts added after the hour.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

After further review my previous post with the edit did not show up after I did the edit. My thought of a new bookmark did not work.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Seems like the problem has fixed itself, everything's back to normal now... Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!

Return to “General Help & support”