TDU2 Pink Tire Mark Fix

Need Help with TDU2 Ask Here
Fuzzy_Chimera
New Starter
New Starter

The game gave me pink tire marks, then I verified the game once again and now I can't go online again.
This game just keeps screwing up after 170 hours of play i have lost my game files three times now.
The installer will fixed the online issue, but then I get the tire mark issue again.

I figure I would ask people here cause as I've seen on other sites everyone I've talked to that comes from here have been extremely helpful.
Couldn't figure out how to delete the corrupted tire track file from the installer, I have have it downloaded via steam.

(edit) back in game again everything is working, still getting the pink tire marks. I will just put up with it for now. still enjoy this game too much.
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think I've ever heard of pink tire marks. Is it something like a pink trail behind the car? I got pinked, as in all the DLC I bought from Atari turned to pink Miami mustangs when they falsely detected dlc hacks. I'm just over the 7900 hour mark, should make 8K in a couple weeks, and yes, I still am really enjoying the game!
Fuzzy_Chimera
New Starter
New Starter

grimx133 wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of pink tire marks. Is it something like a pink trail behind the car? I got pinked, as in all the DLC I bought from Atari turned to pink Miami mustangs when they falsely detected dlc hacks. I'm just over the 7900 hour mark, should make 8K in a couple weeks, and yes, I still am really enjoying the game!
The tire burn marks are texture-less pink color and only the tire marks are like this. I don't want to buy the dlc all over again I already did that on the ps3, not worth putting down even more money I like the base cars alot more than the DLC cars.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Pink tire marks are a known bug. There is a small file you have to delete and re-download.

The tire marks are not DLC related.

In regards to the pink mustang DLC:
We always advise to backup game saves at least once a week, or before you start a game.
When DLC gets "pinked" it is usually because of a server reboot.
When you use your "old" save, the DLC will appear again as it should be.

The game not getting online was due to the Atari servers. Unfortunately the server status app does not work anymore. But you can see it in the TDU2 launcher.

I will check which file you need for the tire marks.

Edit: it is in your TDU2 installation folder ....../EURO/Shaders/TD_TireSkid.sob
Just delete that file.

You can find it in Steam/SteamApps/Common/TDU2

Good luck

:ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice one MadManCK :rightthumbup:
Like you I knew the fix just couldn't remember the file. :oops:
Image Image
Fuzzy_Chimera
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:Pink tire marks are a known bug. There is a small file you have to delete and re-download.

The tire marks are not DLC related.

In regards to the pink mustang DLC:
We always advise to backup game saves at least once a week, or before you start a game.
When DLC gets "pinked" it is usually because of a server reboot.
When you use your "old" save, the DLC will appear again as it should be.

The game not getting online was due to the Atari servers. Unfortunately the server status app does not work anymore. But you can see it in the TDU2 launcher.

I will check which file you need for the tire marks.

Edit: it is in your TDU2 installation folder ....../EURO/Shaders/TD_TireSkid.sob
Just delete that file.

You can find it in Steam/SteamApps/Common/TDU2

Good luck

:ugeek:
It worked, Thank you.

Appreciate the assistance, I had looked on google for a solution for this and Kept finding reinstall game verify cache via steam and both of those made it worse. Nice to see you Madman you are one of the gems on the Ubi forums who actually makes sense. (the crew ftw :D)
thank you. I shall make this my new home for TDU and The Crew. you are all petrol heads and grease monkeys

ehhmm I mean Gentlemen and scholars.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You're welcome.

And enjoy your stay on TDUDT :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Jeragger
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I had the same issue but deleting the skid mark file didn't work. Persisted across multiple reinstalls. So I utilized the only option I had left.

THE NUKE.

Deleted all traces of the game. Went into the registry and cleaned all of that out too. Everything.

Reinstalled the game and voila ! pink treadmarks gone.

But not before I got into Miami's pink mustang and took a cruise from the airport in hawaii to the... forget the name.. the house that's nearby.

Pink mustang ? Check ! Pink Treadmarks ? Check !

Fabulous? How could it not be?!!!

Return to “General TDU2 Help”