TDU2 LAG ISSUES

Need Help with TDU2 Ask Here
heikkisalonen
New Starter
New Starter

Hello everyone,

I recently (4.1.2014) bought Test Drive Unlimited 2 from Steam, and I've been playing it quite much. TDU2 servers were down for a while and they got back up yesterday evening. (Note that I played the game in offline for 3 days because the servers were down.)

Yesterday evening I saw that the PC-servers were up again and decided to go play with a few friends of mine. I started the game normally and didnt see anything weird, the profile menu popped up and I clicked on my profile.

After a few seconds a message came to my screen saying that my name was incorrect. I googled it and saw instruction that instructed to go to "My Documents, Eden Games, TDU2, Savegame, profile.dat", then I was supposed to just simply take the 2 first letters away and it should work then.

I took backups from the "savegame" folder just to be sure if something goes wrong. Well I opened the game and saw clear lag in the starting atari video (frames in still loading screens were solid 60 but in videos 10-20!!). Also the settings were set to default. I clicked to the profile menu and saw that my name was erased from there and I was not able to click on my profile. I decided to shut the game down and return the savegame folder from the backup. After that I opened the game and clicked on my profile, and it gave me the "incorrect name" message. Again. :evil:

I decided to make a completely new profile, I made sure it had the right information and I was able to click on it without any messages popping up. The game started normally, but it was extremely laggy, frames were 15-19 ( I had fraps running just so I could see the framerate). Before I was able to play online, or offline free roam I had to complete the first mission, of course.

I "arrived" to the pool area where the game begins and began to make my settings back to normal, (which is all maxed for me, games like Black Ops 2, BO2 Zombies, Multi, MW2, DiRt3, Saints Row, GTA work with all maxed and no lag without any problem.) but the lag did not dissappear, it didnt chance at all. I tried with low, medium and very high settings and saw no chance in frames and thats why I dont think the problem is in my computer. This all above was done with my internet cable connected. I decided to just leave the lag there and tried to play it. I was able to see everyone else in the server and they saw me. My friends said that my car or driving was not laggy at all!!. :shock:

After exiting the online server I decided to try play the game offline. I took my internet cable out and started the game in offline mode, and it was solid 60 frames in every place!! No lag, no problems what so ever! So, my problem in one sentence is major lagging in online servers and game!

Computer Specs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 6.1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs) 3.4GHz
8 Gigabytes of RAM
DirectX 11
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 4Gb of RAM
1920 x 1080 (32 Bit) (60Hz)
DirectDraw Acceleration is on
Direct3D Acceleration is on
AGP Acceleration is on

So far I have tried:

Reinstall the game,
Repaired the game through steam
Re-registered it
Shutted down the computer twice
Tried to google my problem 100 times.
Deleted the savegame folder and began a new game

Thank you for your time and if you have ANY idea that could help me through this annoying problem, it would mean the world to me and I will be thankful forever for your help!

Heikki Salonen from Finland.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Hi Heikki and welcome to drivetime

1. Your offline profile is separate from your online profile, unless you use the TDU2-UP with the UniLauncher.
2. Set your terrain details to medium, not full.
3. As the servers have just been rebooted you will sometimes encounter these lag issues. They can be caused by numerous things, most of them beyond your control.
4. There are a few things to get a stable connection. Make sure you have a "green" connection by opening the right ports on your router/modem/firewall.*
5. TDU2 is very bandwidth hungry, so shut down all other programs (filesharing, etc) that make use of your connection.

Even with all setting right you might encounter lagging issues. They can be caused by other players who use car body swaps or external paint programs or trainers.
Or simply bad connections.

The server related connection issues usually disappear after a few days. But they will be back.

Good luck and happy driving
:character-blues:

* ports 8889 and 3478
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

That's a wiered one, need to give it some thought :think:
Unless anyone else has any idea :idea:
EDIT: Looks like MadManCK is already on the case :2thumbsup:
Image Image
heikkisalonen
New Starter
New Starter

Hello, and thank you for your help and ideas.

I managed to find a way to fix this issue with the help of an youtube video!
If anyone else is having the same problem, try this out, it should help. :clap:

:2thumbsup:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Superninja_1
New Starter
New Starter

every time I alt+tab away from the game it crashes :cry:
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

P.S this happens on the 3 computers and waste my f--king time
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That takes indeed a long time to boot.

Maybe there is some other program interfering, like a Virus scanner or P2P program.
If you use the TDU2-UP, it will boot a bit faster for sure, as it skips some of the intro stuff. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

MadManCK wrote:That takes indeed a long time to boot.

Maybe there is some other program interfering, like a Virus scanner or P2P program.
If you use the TDU2-UP, it will boot a bit faster for sure, as it skips some of the intro stuff. 8-)
i think it was the virus scanner causing the issue, it now runs at 70fps maxed out at 1080p
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

snake250 wrote: i think it was the virus scanner causing the issue, it now runs at 70fps maxed out at 1080p
Nice job :rightthumbup:
That will run like clockwork

Return to “General TDU2 Help”