Major forum update

Important site info
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

^^ Cool :)

What new features can we expect to see ? I can't tell see any noticeable difference to before the update.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

anything broken?
yes:

all de videolinks posted pre update are broken :mrgreen:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:^^ Cool :)

What new features can we expect to see ? I can't tell see any noticeable difference to before the update.
This was just a small update to the phpBB forum software from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4 it mainly deals with background stuff and a minor security update. ;)
But this release will now mean that some of the extensions that are in development (and I am waiting for) can now move forward to completion. :D

However I will be adding an extension that will allow photos to be enlarged when clicked on and more coming soon. :Coming soon:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lunytrickz wrote:anything broken?
yes:

all de videolinks posted pre update are broken :mrgreen:
Only the ones incorrectly posted or the ones that used the old [Media) tags may be broken, the rest should be ok. (if not post me a link to the videos and I will take a look at the problem. :geek:

Another small update sometime this morning so site will be down for a short wile.
(will post in this thread 10 min before it goes off line in case anyone is in the middle of posting)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Update done, fixed a few minor bugs and updated the theme to except the latest events for extensions to work. :D
Edit: Forgot to add some icons back :oops: will do it now. :angry-banghead:
Image Image
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

i already edited most of the video links i posted ^^
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lunytrickz wrote:i already edited most of the video links i posted ^^
Ok thanks for that Luny I hadn't noticed. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The next major update of this forums software is out phpBB 3.2 Rhea :D

Over the last few days i have been setting it up on the TDUDT test forum so i can test everything and check out all of the extensions we use to see what's compatible and what needs an update to work. :geek:

So far about 50% are ether working or have been updated to work with the new software, i won't be installing the update on the main forum till everything we need is fully working with the new software (this could be days or weeks depending on how quickly things get updated).

The new update in it's self will only add very small noticeable updates to the end user but will make everything run better and smoother and bring better functionality to the forum.

The exciting part is it will make lots of new extensions available for the forum (more on this as and when they get installed) :mrgreen:

I will keep this thread updated with the progress and also to announce when the update will take place as it may mean the site will be down for a few hours. :ugeek:

One last note: As i have a lot of extensions to install on the test forum i am thinking of asking for volunteers to help test these extensions, it will be a boring task testing things like posting photos in different formats to see if things break or just looking around the forum to find anything that dose not work as it should but if you are interested in helping out then keep an eye on this thread for more info. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Testing going well, most of the extensions we use are now updated or don't need updating to work with the new version. :2thumbsup:

Still got lots of testing to do so no date yet as to when i will be updating the forum but hopefully soon. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Everything ready now so will do the update soon......... :ugeek:
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”