Major forum update

Important site info
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice, looking forward to the results. Lots of work ahead. :)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It'll be interesting, but imo. the dark style used now is the best i've seen so far, it just seems right :)

Hopefully the new one will be good as well, and the keep the good navigation (leftside menu) that we're used to by now ;)

Good luck with to the installation
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The new style will also be dark like this one but it also comes in a light style as well.
I may or may not use the light style as a second choice for members at a later date but at the moment I have to much to do to start working on another style so just the dark for now. ;)
the dark style used now is the best i've seen so far, it just seems right
I also like the style used now unfortunately it is not compatible with the new update. :(

This is the basic design I have been working from:
Subway 1.JPG
Ant this is an early version of what I am creating from that:
Subway 2.JPG
If all goes to plan I will start the update on Thursday sometime. :ugeek:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Update has been postponed

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok so main part of the update is done. :D
As I said before this theme may or may not be permanent depending on how it pans out.

Lots of things to like about this theme but also one or two things I am not keen on and may change as we go along.
I have also added a few new Extensions (Mod's) and lots more on the way as and when they are ready. Will post details of new Extensions in the General Help & support section.

Things that have gone:
The portal has now gone (it isn't needed as I will now just add blocks as we need them and I will also be creating new pages with new content from dropdown links in the head of the forum index page.
Image re-sizing (still waiting for the new Extensions to be finished)
Factions Icons (may or may not comeback)
Also the Who is online that shows members that have been on the forum today Extensions is not ready yet. :(
Chat box (may come back later)
Various other minor add-ons.
At the moment I am unable to give members more than one rank badge (this is why Fulysic dose not have a Moderator badge because he already has a Supporter badge) I am working on this problem. :geek:
Some of these will be coming back as new Extensions along with totally new Extensions when they are ready.

Still have some small bits to do as I go along but for the most part the forum is useable but if you find any errors or something I have missed then please report them here.
I would also appreciate any constructive feedback on the new forum/style good or bad so long as it is not just someone whining about nothing.
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

It's gonna take a while until I get used with the new forum layout... Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Whiterun Guard
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Tsukishima wrote:It's gonna take a while until I get used with the new forum layout... Image
Gonna have to get used with all the pink... >.<
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Much better readable IMO.

Glad it works properly. Well done !! :2thumbsup:

PS Maybe that pink can indeed be changed later for a different color :lol:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Much better readable IMO.

Glad it works properly. Well done !! :2thumbsup:

PS Maybe that pink can indeed be changed later for a different color :lol:
Whiterun Guard wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:It's gonna take a while until I get used with the new forum layout... Image
Gonna have to get used with all the pink... >.<
Yes I agree, I have had some difficulty deciding on the colour scheme :mrgreen: I will give a few more colours a try and see what works best. :P
You also may of noticed (Unlike the old forum) once you have clicked on a link anywhere on the forum it will change colour until something new is posted on that link, this makes it more easier to notice new stuff. 8-)

I also need some ideas for adding stuff to the side tabs, I'm open to suggestions. :mrgreen:

Members now also have a star in his/her profile to represent how many years of membership they have. :banana-dance:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, the Blue* is completely unreadable on my TV screen :lol:

But the layout seems to be OK

*maybe change it for a lighter color. Works best with the dark background anyway

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”