Major forum update

Important site info
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

Nice work bez.. Love the new Header :D

Still need a lot of time to cope with it tho.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Where is the "Active Posts" button? I couldn't find it

Edit: Oh I found it, you have to click on the "Forum" tab once to view the drop down menu.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm this theme is starting to grow on me, it has some really nice features that i like alot, but there just still some navigation issues, but that could just be due to old habits.

Maybe if you can then make the subject menus and bottoms have abit more contrast, as they seem to very stealthy as they are now.

And a brighter black wouldn't be the worst thing, you already have that one from The Crew which the old theme used, that one would makee the black menus stand out more, because imo. they blend in to much with the black background :idea:

But one of the issues i have found is that when a user has uploaded a picture to the this site in a reply, then the other viewing users have to leave the site to view the picture, whereas the old theme had a 'picture show mode' + view counter etc., is this something you are planing on implementing again on this new theme?

Oh and one last thing, the red 'TDU DriveTime' writing at the top looks abit dated, wouldn't it be better carry over the same type of picture/writing showmode from the 'Home' page? But just an idea ;)
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I was thinkin' about it, couldn't that Spoiler Box be of the same colour of the background? Image
► Show Spoiler
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

First the easy one: :D
@Tsukishima:
I was thinkin' about it, couldn't that Spoiler Box be of the same colour of the background?
Spoiler box just needs a colour code change in the CSS file Not sure which one yet but will add it to my list of things to do. ;)

Now @Bear304 :
Hmm this theme is starting to grow on me, it has some really nice features that i like alot, but there just still some navigation issues, but that could just be due to old habits.
Yes I agree the navigation is not as good as the last style but we will get used to it I hope ( I posted a little tip about it in the help section http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 877#p34927 )
Maybe if you can then make the subject menus and bottoms have abit more contrast, as they seem to very stealthy as they are now.
Not quite sure what you mean by subject menus, can you explain?
And a brighter black wouldn't be the worst thing, you already have that one from The Crew which the old theme used, that one would makee the black menus stand out more, because imo. they blend in to much with the black background
Again not sure what you mean by a brighter black, do you mean background or background photo? :?
But one of the issues i have found is that when a user has uploaded a picture to the this site in a reply, then the other viewing users have to leave the site to view the picture, whereas the old theme had a 'picture show mode' + view counter etc., is this something you are planing on implementing again on this new theme?
Yes I am aware of this and did mention it when I was on about the update, at the moment I have a few options on an extension that will take care of this problem and all of them are near completion so I am just waiting to see the results and pick the one that best suits our forum. ;)
Oh and one last thing, the red 'TDU DriveTime' writing at the top looks abit dated, wouldn't it be better carry over the same type of picture/writing showmode from the 'Home' page? But just an idea
I agree, but (and this is one of the things I don't like about this theme) it dose not have an option to display the old logo like the last forum so what I am using is a google font to display "TDU Drivetime"
However I am working on something that might get around this, its just not a priority at the moment. :)
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:
Not quite sure what you mean by subject menus, can you explain?
Sure, i found a few examples, i think function bottoms should stand out more, and not blend in to the point you not even seeing them :lol: But the subject menu titles bars works well imo.

A fix could be to make the bottoms darker than the main color on the page ;)
Skærmbillede 2015-04-27 22.53.35.png
Bezrider wrote:
And a brighter black wouldn't be the worst thing, you already have that one from The Crew which the old theme used, that one would makee the black menus stand out more, because imo. they blend in to much with the black background
Again not sure what you mean by a brighter black, do you mean background or background photo? :?
Yes i meant to say background :mrgreen: Yes it is just i think the darkness of the black background and the black menu is to strong vs. the old theme's style.
ssssfsfsfswww.png
Bezrider wrote:
Yes I am aware of this and did mention it when I was on about the update, at the moment I have a few options on an extension that will take care of this problem and all of them are near completion so I am just waiting to see the results and pick the one that best suits our forum. ;)
Cool ;)
Bezrider wrote:
Oh and one last thing, the red 'TDU DriveTime' writing at the top looks abit dated, wouldn't it be better carry over the same type of picture/writing showmode from the 'Home' page? But just an idea
I agree, but (and this is one of the things I don't like about this theme) it dose not have an option to display the old logo like the last forum so what I am using is a google font to display "TDU Drivetime"
However I am working on something that might get around this, its just not a priority at the moment. :)
Arh okay, hmm guess you'll figure out a solution at point that suits the forum better, but take your time :)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes i meant to say background :mrgreen: Yes it is just i think the darkness of the black background and the black menu is to strong vs. the old theme's style.
Most do go darker when hovering over them but I do know what you mean. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Will be taking the site offline tomorrow (6th May 2015) for a short wile to do a small update and if all goes well also add some new extensions. :ugeek:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Going offline soon, wont be off for long. (I hope :mrgreen: )
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok updates done, anything broken let me know. :shock:
Will add some new extensions for testing shortly. :geek:
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”