Major forum update

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok it looks like a problem with the reparse of posts when the update was installed this can happen sometimes. :mrgreen:

I have deleted some code in the database that should set a process in motion to reparse everything but it will take time to complete, its not guaranteed to fix everything but lets give it a go before i try more complicated options. :ugeek:

DO NOT EDIT THE POST TILL I POST BACK. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like the reparse method isn't working :(

Ok time to get technical. :ugeek:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Ah dammit. :(
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Update:
It has come to light that this is a bug in the new version of phpBB (version 3.2.0) a fix will follow in the next patch. :geek:
Link: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14790

Till then, please don't modify the code.

Will post an update when the patch is installed. :geek:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Miao wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:05 am .... Okay, why is this Image happenin'?

bull.png

I tried lookin' into the code and nothing looks wrong, everything from the Scion section to bellow looks broken and yet they are formatted the same effin' way as all the other sections not sufferin' from this bull.

Schuppan

Code: Select all

-[url=http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=374&start=760#p18791][color=#FFFF00]962CR '92[/color][/url]
Scion

Code: Select all

-[url=http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=374&start=2600#p38469][color=#FFFF00]FR-S '12[/color][/url]

Link to the thread: http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=374

EDIT

Upon editin' the post and addin' a color code to a random car the Schuppan section broke too. It's like if there's a limit of how many times I can use the [color] code, which there shouldn't be as before this forum update my beloved thread looked perfectly fine. :cry:
Just a note to update you on this issue and to show i haven't forgotten about it. :mrgreen:

These patches always take time as they try to fix as many bugs as they can before releasing the next one, this reduces the number of updates and therefore the number of times you have to update the software. :D
The downside is the length of time between updates. :(

But the good news is it looks like it is almost ready ( 97% complete) 3.2.1 update
Although it also says no due date as yet. :(

If for some reason the patch doesn't correct things i have come up with a temp workaround that's not ideal but will work, but let's see how the patch goes first. :geek:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Glad to see it's still bein' worked on and not forgotten.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Miao wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:51 pm Glad to see it's still bein' worked on and not forgotten.
Ok the good news is the new patch is now live. :D

The bad news is they have now decided the problem we have is not a bug. :shock:

Ok going to get a bit technical so just skip it if not interested. :ugeek:
What they are saying is in the past the PHP version the forum runs on was incapable of recognising how many links each post had, this in theory could cause memory problems with PHP with posts that had a large number of BBcode like ours.

Posts as large as this with as many BBcodes are rare on phpBB forums but not unknown, the downside part is the new code can recognise this problem and will limit the number of BBcodes in each post. :(

I won't be installing the new patch yet as it still has a few teething problems. :mrgreen:

But when i do we will have two options, first is i can install an extension that will tell the software to ignore the limit :shock: this will correct the post but i am a bit worried about doing this in case it gives problems later on.

Second option is to delete the second post in that thread (i'm sure MadManCK won't mind :mrgreen: ) this would then make the third post the second post and this is one of your posts so we could cut half of the first post and past it into the second post as a continued post and all would work again as the BBcode limit is per post. :D
(hope you can follow that :loll: )

One last thing when i tried this on the test forum some of the [/size} BBcode tags didn't phrase correctly so might need tidying up by hand. :(
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bezrider wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:11 pmWhat they are saying is in the past the PHP version the forum runs on was incapable of recognising how many links each post had, this in theory could cause memory problems with PHP with posts that had a large number of BBcode like ours.

Posts as large as this with as many BBcodes are rare on phpBB forums but not unknown, the downside part is the new code can recognise this problem and will limit the number of BBcodes in each post. :(

I won't be installing the new patch yet as it still has a few teething problems. :mrgreen:
So this means I can't simply fix my post by stoppin' to use the {/color} BBcode? :|
(I thought about just deletin' all the {/color} codes in it and continue edtin' the post like I always did before it broke).

Because by lookin' at it right now that's the only problem that I'm seein'. Pictures, and links bellow the mark you made at that post are all workin' correctly as of now, so once this patch is installed they're gonna stop workin' as well?.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Miao wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:54 pm
Bezrider wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:11 pmWhat they are saying is in the past the PHP version the forum runs on was incapable of recognising how many links each post had, this in theory could cause memory problems with PHP with posts that had a large number of BBcode like ours.

So this means I can't simply fix my post by stoppin' to use the {/color} BBcode? :|
(I thought about just deletin' all the {/color} codes in it and continue edtin' the post like I always did before it broke).

Because by lookin' at it right now that's the only problem that I'm seein'. Pictures, and links bellow the mark you made at that post are all workin' correctly as of now, so once this patch is installed they're gonna stop workin' as well?.
Patch won't fix anything as they say it's not a bug. :roll:

So how it works now with the new code is each post has a limit of 1000 BBcodes after that the software turns the rest off. :angry-tappingfoot:
In my opinion best thing to do is split the post in two.
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bezrider wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:08 pmSo how it works now with the new code is each post has a limit of 1000 BBcodes after that the software turns the rest off. :angry-tappingfoot:
In my opinion best thing to do is split the post in two.
Is that number official or did you just make it up?

If the limit is really "just" 1000, then I feel like I will need to split the post in more than two parts.

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”