Major forum update

Important site info
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez, don't know if you have noticed this yet, but each time you quote someone the text you wrote shows right underneath the quote box, in the old version it automatically made a 1-2 line gab between the quote box and the text.

Also when you are in the window where you write your post it actually shows a gab between the quote box and the text, so something strange happening with it. :?

- - -

Like this from the last page:
Bezrider wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:17 pm
Bear304 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:14 pm
Bezrider wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:11 pm @Mad you will need to do a hard refresh to your browser

I had to do the ( CTRL+F5 ) too, but after that no issues - yet. (notice i had used x2 lines distance to make it look normal.)
The CTRL+F5 thing is a known issue and must be done to clear your browser after the update nothing i can do about it unfortunately :(

- - -

Looks like this:

@Mad you will need to do a hard refresh to your browser[/quote]

I had to do the ( CTRL+F5 ) too, but after that no issues - yet. (notice i had used x2 lines distance to make it look normal.)
[/quote]

The CTRL+F5 thing is a known issue and must be done to clear your browser after the update nothing i can do about it unfortunately :(
[/quote]
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The new quote system will now show a link to to the post it was quoted from but other than that everything looks normal to me and as it should work with the update. :?
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fixed the link issue, it was a bug so i have applied a workaround till next update. :geek:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like the forum image resizer broke yet again.

... And my signature too, what a joy! Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:39 pm Fixed the link issue, it was a bug so i have applied a workaround till next update. :geek:
Okay thanks for looking into it :)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Miao wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 pm Looks like the forum image resizer broke yet again.

Looking into it. :geek:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bezrider wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:42 pm
Miao wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 pm Looks like the forum image resizer broke yet again.

Looking into it. :geek:
Ok after looking into the problem (as you didn't explain what the problem was, just that it was broken :roll: )

It wasn't broken after all :o
What was happening was some photos open ok others opened in a new tab (or window) as well as normal, this is because the photos you thought were broken are not posted on this forum but links to images on other forums/sites and any links to other forums/sites will automatically open in a new tab or window so in this case, the photo was opening correctly on the forum and because it was linking off site it was also opening in a new tab.

I know you are going to say this is not ideal but you should not be linking to photos on other sites especially ones that are not designed for linking to photos. :naughty: this is called Hot Linking and in some cases can slow the other site down if lots of people link to the same photo. (I know people from other sites link to photos on TDUDT and it sometimes affects the load times on here. :(

Also another downside to linking to photos on other sites is if that site goes down or the photo is removed you will just see a blank where the broken link is. :doh:

I know it is a little more hassle but uploading photos as attachments guarantees they will always be available on the forum as they are stored on the same server as TDUDT. ;)

Ok enough rambling from me :mrgreen:

I really liked the new photo viewer it had some cool features but i can hear the moaning coming :P so (for now) i have reverted back to a newer version of the old viewer. ;)

PS. i am aware of the other problem with post icons not showing as read after a post has been read by the user (see photo below) it is been worked on. :ugeek:
forumicon.png
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bezrider wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm It wasn't broken after all :o
What was happening was some photos open ok others opened in a new tab (or window) as well as normal, this is because the photos you thought were broken are not posted on this forum but links to images on other forums/sites and any links to other forums/sites will automatically open in a new tab or window so in this case, the photo was opening correctly on the forum and because it was linking off site it was also opening in a new tab.
What I meant was that the photos weren't bein' resized.

And what I meant with my sig bein' broken was the random [/color] showin' out of nowhere, MadMan also got a random [/B] in his sig.

The pictures are now resized properly in the threads, so thanks for resolvin' that, but I'm pretty sure the one in my sig shouldn't be resized like how it is... btw, the picture in my sig is actually an attachment...
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Miao wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:55 pm
Bezrider wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm It wasn't broken after all :o
What I meant was that the photos weren't bein' resized.

And what I meant with my sig bein' broken was the random [/color] showin' out of nowhere, MadMan also got a random [/B] in his sig.

The pictures are now resized properly in the threads, so thanks for resolvin' that, but I'm pretty sure the one in my sig shouldn't be resized like how it is... btw, the picture in my sig is actually an attachment...
Ok sigs have been excluded from re-sizing. :roll:

Also fixed both sigs (they had just been formatted wrong (this had nothing to do with the photo viewer by the way). :geek:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks again. :)

Some members' sigs just looked so weird with the images resized.

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”