Forum updates

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

All done, will look for another avatar later today (might go for something different this time or maybe not :think: )
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Will be doing a large update to the forum backend tomorrow, not sure what time yet but will give notice on the index page at least 15 min before the board goes off line so any members can finish what they are posting.
(Do not start something once the message has been posted as you may loose your data. :naughty: )
Once off line it will be a while before it is back up (even longer if i get problems :eeek: )
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok took longer than expected even though i didn't have any big problems, its just that now TduTD is a few years old the file size on the server side is quite large and took almost 3 hours to backup before i even started to do the updates. :(

The main forum is now up to date, unfortunately this now means the style is now out of date so that needs updating. :roll:
A job for tomorrow i think. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Except for the background not moving, what actually changed ?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 pm Except for the background not moving, what actually changed ?
This was an update to the phpBB software so apart from a few bug fixes nothing has changed. :lol:
And I still have to update the styles folder tomorrow, then start on updates for my other sites. :party:
Welcome to the world of a forum Admi. :mrgreen:
:tdudt:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just a heads up guys i will be doing a phpBB and style update sometime this week so the forum may be down from time to time. :|

If all goes well it will only be for an hour or so however i have done a lot of modification to the backend code to get the forum to look as it is now and this will have to be re-integrated into the new code so at the moment i do not know how well it will go so it might take longer than i have planed.

Also once it is done and running as it should the site will be going from http:// to https:// this will make the site more secure :ugeek:

As the forum address will change slightly it may mean any old links including any on the device you use to :tdudt: will not work so you will need to delete these and create new ones (BUT NOT YET, wait till i convert over)

I will post more on this before i change it, this will be the new address: https://tdudrivetime.com (you can use it now but it is not fully set up yet so don't complain if you get problems) :mrgreen:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

All updates are done. :rightthumbup:

Let me know if something isn't working as it should. :oops:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I am aware of a problem with the photo attachments not resizing correctly when clicked on after the updates. :(

Working on a solution. :ugeek:
Image Image
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

yea, and wenn ya link them on other sites they're way smaller 2
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lunytrickz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:00 pm yea, and wenn ya link them on other sites they're way smaller 2
ok noted. :rightthumbup:

When you say linking them do you mean Hotlinking if so you should not be doing this as it could affect the bandwidth of this site, the best way (and correct way) would be to just put a link back to the image on this site. ;)

Otherwise, all you are doing is using the bandwidth of this site to host images and display them on other sites. :(

At the moment this is not affecting bandwidth because the site is not getting heavy traffic but if it becomes an issue i will implement some code that will prevent this so best to get out of the habit. :mrgreen:
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”